5. Nicki Minaj

nicki-minaj-chun-li-bts.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tomsches

1. Björk

huge_avatar

For being experimental, avantgarde, iconic, electronic, complex, interesting, innovative, emotional, inspired by nature.

2. Kate Bush

Also for being experimental but still accessible. Being experimental and innovative with organic instrumentation. For writing incredibly interesting lyrics.

3874309-kate-bush_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzu

3. Florence + The Machine

For making alternative Rock, powerful songs about love. Having an interesting approach to music.

florence-and-the-machine-g.jpg

4. The xx

For making dream-pop, mixing electronic and rock music.

xx-blue-laura-mobile.jpg

5. Bat for lashes/Grimes

For making dream pop, and being mysterious

bat-for-lashes-video.png

grimes.jpg

re di tutto

I’m not including Gaga because she’s obviously the queen of everything and above everyone so I feel like it won’t be fair to include Gaga with other mortal artists, so

Ariana Grande 

EXO 

Cradle Of Filth 

Lana Del Rey 

Placebo

Taide

1. Gaga, she represent my taste in EDM (BTW, AP), heavy pop (TF/M) and ''country folk'' (Joanne)

c6b53e0d9986645b187334f0df88a818.jpg

2. Beyonce, mainly her self titled album which mixes together ''new age RnB'' with sexual references 

beyonce-attends-tidal-x-1015-on-october-

3. Lauryn Hill / Fugees, their rapping is very listenable unlike some rappers. Also The Miss Education Of Lauryn Hill has the 90's/early 2000's familiar sound which I like. Killing Me Softly With His Song is my top 3 favorite songs of all time.

Lauryn-Hill.jpeg

4. Gwen Stefani, especially with her debut album L.A.M.B I love how she mixes together soft rock with bubble gum pop, RnB and other genres. 

ccd8c8a0bac46cd14f8323674fe00589.jpg

5. Jennifer Lopez (90's to mid 2000's), the RnB vibes are real in her songs. Also If You Had My Love type of songs are my tea.

Jennifer_Lopez_jenni.jpg

Joga

Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Michael Jackson, Nicki Minaj, Melanie Martinez

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

heda97

I see Borns promo

in no order:

Lana Del Rey

Børns

Gaga

Adele

Beyonce

(and Katy Perry)

Im á Katycat on Fridays #tgif

MeloArtDramaPop

1 Lady Gaga

2 Lorde/Lana/Marina/Borns/Zella day/Broods(Pop but not really)

3 Queen/21 pilots(Bands)

4 Florence/Aurora(Folk pop)

5  Carly Rae Jepsen/Dua Lipa/Noah Cyrus(POP)

Oriane
9 hours ago, Matangi said:

wait is avril supposed to parallel Rammstein?

And Michael Jackson with Pink Floyd ?

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Oriane

1. Lady Gaga : Pop artist that mixes different genres and is always doing something different. She can also do rock, jazz and that covers some of my taste in music in general. I'm not a great pop listener otherwise (I like Lana Del Rey and I can enjoy some songs by other artists sometimes but that's it), but Gaga represents a great part of the music I listen so she comes in this list.

lady-gaga-photoshoot-2017-tudor-watch-ad

2. Tchaikovsky : I grew up listening to a lot of classical music because it's my mom's favorite music genre. I have also done ballet since I was a child, so Tchaikovsky's music resonates particularly with me (Swan Lake, the Nutcracker etc). His melodies are always special, there's something very magical in them. So he is by far my favorite classical composer.

piotr-ilitch-tchaikovsky-tt-width-600-he

3. The Pretty Reckless : I like rock music in general but no artist or band can make rock music that immediately attracts me like The Pretty Reckless. Actually, only Gaga and this band make music that I love on first listen. For most artists, There are a few songs here and there I'm going to like, but to like a whole album it will take me a while. Not in this case. I love their style and the fact that the songs are becoming more experimental and mature with time.

Pretty-Reckless-Andrew-Lipovsky-0680-pr-

4. Nat King Cole : I have always loved jazz music but I didn't take the time to listen to it by myself until Cheek to Cheek actually. I associate it with old movies, with a quiet atmosphere in an American bar... Although my jazz collection is not huge, I always enjoy listening to it. I think Nat King Cole would represent best the type of jazz that I like. My favorite jazz artist would be Nina Simone, but she came later and her jazz style is a bit different.

Nat_King_Cole_(Gottlieb_01511).jpg

5. Shawn Lee : I just picked a name and if you haven't heard of him, it's normal. The last part of my music taste would be OST : from movies, series, video games. I picked him because he made the music for the game Bully, which is one of the coolest video games' OST. This kind of music represent a big part of what I listen to, there's no particular genre so it's hard to pick something that would really represent all of it.

Putting an artwork of the game because it seems more relevant :

bully-1401x788-8062a374-6ab6-4301-83c9-a

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Original Diva

1. Gaga/Madonna (same thing :reductive:)

2.Charli XCX

3. Nicki Minaj/Cardi B/Iggy Azalea (same thing :reductive:)

4. Emma Blackery

5. Dua Lipa

Others:

Fergie, Adore Delano, Lorde/Lana Del Rey (same thing :reductive:), Miley Cyrus, No Doubt, Taylor Swift, Troye Sivan..

excuse me no

Rino

1. latest?cb=20161002100838

2. Robyn-Body-Talk-Album-Art-608x602.jpg

3. Jessie-Ware.-Tough-Love.jpg

4. R-136430-1481404839-1193.png.jpg

5. 71nOF5YACBL._SL1475_.jpg

5 amazing albums from my beloved artists:diane:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

mister max

Lady Gaga

Beyoncé