question

Why does Gaga only have 3 #1s?

Green Detox

Featured Posts

Economy
1 hour ago, Andree said:

at the end of the day #1's in the US are not really that important

for example:

Xtina has five #1's in the US but she has only sold 130m records WW in 17 years.

Katy has like nine #1's in the US but has sold 180m records SPS WW.

we should expect more sales from these two girls since they have more #1's than gaga. 

Gaga has only three #1's in the US but she has sold 195m records WW.

She has a lot of #1's song across the world, the US is not the only country.

and the reason why she doesn't have that many #1 in the US is because of bad management  and luck 

I say luck tbh

There's a lot of variables at play that determine how high a song goes on the chart in its most popular week (peak)

Its not always the best way to measure big hits

Top 10s is a more accurate way of measuring hits because if a song is a big hit it should go top 10

But #1 it's very easy for a very successful song to miss it by fluke like Bad Romance...

All it takes is for the promo to be spread out and the sales and streams are not concentrated in a single week or it peaks at the same time as another huge hit (Bad Romance vs Tik Tok)

So really I don't pay too much attention to how many #1s an artist has as a gage of success. Too many variables are at play there

migamiga

Beyoncé only has 5 (6 if you count perfect) and she’s been around twice as long as gaga and is more popular atm :shrug:

#1s aren’t everything. Impact and longevity are way more beneficial to an artists’ career and gaga has plenty of those kinds of singles

Taide

Also didn't the smash hit ''Born This Way'' stay #1 for a 6 weeks but three weeks later it was out of the top 10 and no where to be seen? While the ''flop generic'' hit Applause stayed for about 14 weeks inside the top 10 without even hitting the top 3 spots. :vegas:

Bradley
13 hours ago, MonsterAnton said:

Because she doesn't have 4 or more. :stalkga:

Mind blown.

Drin Lon

Paparazzi would have had a higher peak if Bad Romance had been released early 2010 instead. It outshined Paparazzi.

I honestly consider Bad Romance to have gone #1 because Billboard didn't count streams back then and the video was huge so there's it on that :staymad:

Telephone for some reason was bigger outside the US then in the US and I don't fvcking know why, but that's just how it is. It's gone #1 in many other big countries.

The Edge Of Glory would have so gone #1 if it was released instead of Judas :saladga:

I don't think Applause would have gone #1 even with the planned release schedule, but it would have surely at least gotten a cute #2 peak.

Same for Million Reasons, if interescope had actually invesed for Spotify and Interscope to support it, it could have totally gotten a top3 peak after the SB, unfortunately the song was carried only from sales.

Green Detox
38 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

Same for Million Reasons, if interescope had actually invesed for Spotify and Interscope to support it, it could have totally gotten a top3 peak after the SB, unfortunately the song was carried only from sales.

The Grammys would’ve helped. proper decisions must be hard for them:ohwell:

Archived