Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Venus is Underwhelming 4 Gagas Standards

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh

Now before I start to explain, I just wanna say this is absolutely no hate thread in any way, shape or form. It is simply an opinion from myself about a fan favorite of Gaga’s Venus on ARTPOP. 

First off the title makes me really wonder what it’s gonna be about and sound like. It kinda sounds like it would be magical in some way, but the lyrics and production say otherwise, especially the lyrics. Venus lyrics are just way too repetitive. And did it have to be so sexual? Look I know Gaga has always had sexual messages and themes in her music, but I would think Venus would be more of an artistic and creative song other then about having your lover taking you to Venus after him touching you so good. I just think it deserved way better lyrics. Although I’m not an all the way fan of it’s lyrics, I do love the line, “Let’s blast off to Earth, a new dimension in your bedroom, Venus”. Aside from all that, the melody and instrumental is quite average for Gaga’s standards tbh. I know Gaga produced it, and it’s production isn’t bad, but it’s not ground breaking or show stopping in any way, it’s generic and it’s sound is kinda outdated. 

Well to wrap it up I just think Venus couldve been 3x better production and lyric wise. It’s single cover is quite interesting, unique, creative and very Gaga and I love that, but everything else about it is a party bop at best. 

(Please don’t come for me, if your a Venus Stan, I respect your taste, I just wanted to say it deserved better) 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

ARTPOP GAGA

It's a bop but she recorded in 2012 and it and ARTPOP should have been released in 2012 when EDM trend was still a thing.

Gohan

Well, Gaga never tried to make it seem like a So Happy I Could Die/Dance In The Dark ethereal artistic record. She wanted to experiment as a solo producer and she did it all by herself (minus mixing). She got inspired after the VMAs moment when her ass was being praised everywhere, so I guess she made it while she was high and that's why it sounds cringy sometimes (Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne teas).

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Smother Em Eh
3 minutes ago, Gohan said:

Well, Gaga never tried to make it seem like a So Happy I Could Die/Dance In The Dark ethereal artistic record. She wanted to experiment as a solo producer and she did it all by herself (minus mixing). She got inspired after the VMAs moment when her ass was being praised everywhere, so I guess she made it while she was high and that's why it sounds cringy sometimes (Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne teas).

Oh I see. And so she produced it in 3 months prior to AP release? 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Miky

It's a bit weird in some parts but THAT FUKING CHORUS :giveup: it saves the whole song.

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

DonnieDarko
24 minutes ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

It's a bop but she recorded in 2012 and it and ARTPOP should have been released in 2012 when EDM trend was still a thing.

Venus was recorded as one of the last songs for ARTPOP, apparently a couple of weeks before the release date which means late 2013.  

And it’s not EDM. 

GypsyBabe

Okay so this song has really grown on me over time. I used to find it completely ---> :awkney:, but now I really enjoy it and think its a super fun song. I understand where you are coming from though. I feel like it could have been better in terms of lyrics for sure. 

⚯͛

River

There's nothing wrong with sexual lyrics and songs, church days are over and a woman can celebrate her beautiful ass in a song..

But ironically the only cringy lyrics are "Uranus don't you know my ass is famous":laughga:

I think Venus is a spacial song, has some production flaws, mostly timing like "take off to the planet ... to the planet ..... venus" it's killing the harmony imo

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Damon

I kind of get your point, but I think Venus is the song which represents the album the most

it has a messy electro-pop production, it sounds like a collage of differe songs, also has poppy and catchy lyrics

it spins around thd concept of a greek goddess, which seemed to be a concept for the album

the bridge is the only thing bothering me, it deserved better lyrics

... and now i just sit in silence.

SKANK

Totally disagree.

It's a jazz-inspired, funky, totally camp, weird little dance song.

She samples the slightly unapproachable songs of French EDM group Zombie, Zombie and the Jazz/Sci-Fi genius Sun Ra, and turns them into a ridiculously catchy pop song. 

The live version for her Muppet Thanksgiving special is what really what sold me on how brilliant the song is.

And we'd be remiss to not mention the stunning album art Venus inspired.

lady-gaga-venus-artwork-2.jpg

lady-gaga-venus-artwork-1.jpg

DonnieDarko
29 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Totally disagree.

It's a jazz-inspired, funky, totally camp, weird little dance song.

She samples the slightly unapproachable songs of French EDM group Zombie, Zombie and the Jazz/Sci-Fi genius Sun Ra, and turns them into a ridiculously catchy pop song. 

The live version for her Muppet Thanksgiving special is what really what sold me on how brilliant the song is.

And we'd be remiss to not mention the stunning album art Venus inspired.

lady-gaga-venus-artwork-2.jpg

lady-gaga-venus-artwork-1.jpg

Agreed on everything but „little”.

A Hybrid

I agree, the lyrics are the worst part. Although I like to imagine “I wonder if this could be love, goddess of love?” part questioning whether a goddess can have love, the most humanly emotion, even if she’s the goddess of love. 

No family’s safe when I sashay

SKANK
40 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Agreed on everything but „little”.

Oh, you size queen. :)

SwissMonster

The chorus THOUGH. It gets me every time and makes me so emotional:diane:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Archived