Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Venus is Underwhelming 4 Gagas Standards

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

Bogdan

Venus is so underwhelming but y'all keep talking about it. Really makes me think.

On the other hand, it's in my top 10 songs. It's one of the catchiest songs I have ever heard.

ryanripley

i don't really mind the sexual stuff because the song is a lot of fun and it's nice to hear gaga having fun

the only part that bothers me is when she lists all the planets :huh: i find it so basic and kind of disrupts the song lmao

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

misunderstood
7 hours ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

It's a bop but she recorded in 2012 and it and ARTPOP should have been released in 2012 when EDM trend was still a thing.

She recorded Venus in September 2013 what are you going on about :air: Are you basing this off the rumor back in 2013 that the lead was gonna be produced by a female? 

OT: :oprah:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

ARTPOP GAGA
1 minute ago, misunderstood said:

She recorded Venus in September 2013 what are you going on about :air: Are you basing this off the rumor back in 2013 that the lead was gonna be produced by a female? 

OT: :oprah:

Omg really?? Can you give me the link with the information that she recorded Venus in September 2013! I would greatly appreciate it !

heygirl

had the final studio version been like those which were leaked last year.. the demos and earlier versions of the song, i'm certain i would have liked it more. it's a shame so many of te songs on ARTPOP would hav been far superior to what they turned out to be, had they not changed so drastically since the demos. 

as it turned out to sound on the album however.. it is in my humble opinion one of the most overrated gaga songs in this fanbase and among my least favorite

Spoiler

dont come for me :bye:

be kind guys

imnotyourbabe10

"When you touch me I die just a little inside..."

Anyone else find those lyrics, in particular, incredibly romantic? (and her delivery of them?)

Miaou

Venus is one of her worst song ever lol 

And the fact that some people wanted this as a single :deadbanana: :rip:

StarlightSeiya

I find Venus very messy and all over the place. The double pre chorus was nagl

Bone Apple Tea bebe

Luxe Ford

The production is as untidy as my bedroom and like a dozen rockets going off in different directions, but it gets an A+ for ambition and energy.

It took a while, but I came to love it.

And no offence to Gaga as a producer, but even the greatest authors need an editor and to me Venus needed a bit of gentle editing.

And I'm team Aphrodite, of course. Those roman upstarts! Bah!

You know she has no mother, but was born from Uranus crushed genitals, right?

Inquiring minds really don't want to know.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

A Hybrid
6 hours ago, ryanripley said:

i don't really mind the sexual stuff because the song is a lot of fun and it's nice to hear gaga having fun

the only part that bothers me is when she lists all the planets :huh: i find it so basic and kind of disrupts the song lmao

I’ve always thought she tells the story of her life (and her future too) with that part :air:

Neptune - Birth, as venus was born from the sea (poseidon)

Serve Pluto - Her hard times go go dancing trying to make money and break out as an artist, told by serving the darkest of gods

Saturn - First son of Uranus and Gaia, first one to rule the land too. This is her breaking out and finally having impact

Jupiter - The newer king of gods, this is her peak, TFM

Mercury - Messenger of gods, this obviously is about the hopeful message of Born This way

Venus - We’re at now, when Gaga calls herself Goddess of Love, so ARTPOP era

Uranus, Don’t You Know My Ass Is Famous - Everything from now is a stretch. Gaga predicted herself being seen as a cocky artist and being killed by the GP. Uranus was killed by Saturn (time)

Mars, Now Serve For The Gods - God of War, representing his war to find herself again, which she finds by serving the gods. The god theme was highly used on Joanne, almost like she found her religious self.

Earth Serve For The Stars - This I think has still not happened, but I guess it means she’ll finally be on top again or at least respected and known

No family’s safe when I sashay

SHALLOW

Aphrodite is the goddess of love and most of the time love leads to sex. So, yeah. It has to be sexual. Also the instrumentals are very spacey if you ask me. One of her best songs ever. If you don’t get it, it’s on you(look at my AVI while you read this). 

Archived