💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What if Gaga stops giving TV performances and interviews?

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

Would you be here for it?

Let's first answer the question: Why does Beyonce do that? I could find performances of hers on American Idol, Jimmy Fallon, X Factor and at Roseland during the 4 era but ever since BEYONCE and up until Lemonade, she seems to have lost interest in those smaller platforms and only does shows at award shows and high-profile events such as the Superbowl. She also has the reputation of not giving interviews on her music which is odd for a musician but why does she do that? While Gaga can sell out arenas and stadiums, sometimes she opts to do radio interviews, give radio/TV performances on her music whereas Beyonce only does stadium shows, it's almost as if she thinks she's too big for those platforms.

I think a lot of artists have sort of followed her approach. Nowadays only small artists perform on Ellen, Jimmy Fallon, James Corden's shows like Charlie Puth, Shawn Mendes, Meghan Trainor, Camila Cabello, Iggy Azalea, Dua Lipa, Demi Lovato whereas bigger artists like Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga prefer shows like SNL and that's it, nothing more. I mean when was the last time Ellen had a huge artist on her show?

Do you think Gaga will follow Beyonce's footsteps during the LG6 era, if yes would you be here for it?

PunkTheFunk

Two reasons: 1) Beyonce's not very good at interviews (she's a bit soft spoken and shy in real life), which is why she tends to avoid them. And 2) Her career has reached such great heights that she doesn't need to work too hard to promote herself anymore.

I think Gaga loves to talk and interact with people so I don't see her giving up interviews completely.

Chickens in Malibu

I don't think Gaga is as business-oriented as Beyoncé or Taylor Swift.

Gaga cares more about her fans, rather than the media or success perception. The reason she does these interviews and performances, is to keep her fans happy.

So it's very very unlikely that she'll follow in the footsteps of Beyoncé. 

Florian

Beyoncé is just trying to build that atmosphere of mystery, she's building that "goddess" image and interview/performance would ruin it. She wants every appearance to be an event and the only way to do that is to not show up.

However is this a good thing ? 

As a fan I'd rather have an "accessible" artist who performs, gives interviews and photoshoots, etc for the fans.

Borislshere

:wtfga: interviews and performances pls. I think she’d flop majorly if she stopped. 

GypsyBabe

I think Gaga is first and foremost a performer and musician rather than a business woman. She writes her records, and feels very passionately about them. So I don't see her giving up interviews and performances in which she can display her artistry or explain her vision. :shrug:

⚯͛

River

She says the same things over and over in every single interview.. so she can do one per era and that's it..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Bradley
4 minutes ago, River said:

She says the same things over and over in every single interview.. so she can do one per era and that's it..

Every artist does this though. I mean if you're promoting the same thing it's expected that you're gonna say the same thing about it to whoever you're talking to since they probably ask similar questions. Like 'What's the inspiration behind this song? What is the album about?' etc.

Mr S

It's not really following Beyonce as all artists stop booking small gigs when they get established. People like Ariana have to perform everywhere because they are not as established yet. 

As for interviews, again Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston stopped doing interviews too. For them it's because they didn't want to talk about their personal life. For Bey she comes across as not very bright and that's goes against her image. Like could you imagine if she was asked to explain Lemonade? Taylor stopped because she wants to avoid politics. LG is articulate and has nothing to hide so she doesn't have to stop doing interviews.

ryanripley
6 hours ago, River said:

but not every interview is accessible everywhere

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

ARTPOP GAGA

I think Gaga still needs promo to be successful. Only Adele, Taylor and Beyonce can smash with zero promotion.

heygirl

as others have said already, she cares about her art and wishes for us, her fans, to understand it better etc. BUT for this coming era I'm hoping her and her team will rely far heavier than they have in the past on digital promotion.. like Spotify playlists, deals with music platforms like apple music, times square billboards etc etc etc. 

radio and tv interviews (especially radio interviews) aren't as successful anymore. although i love them, i just think it tires her unnecessarily. 

be kind guys

heygirl

oh and also... more promo in europe heh. radio deals ! radio deals ! radio deals ! european billboards and if anywhere, coming to europe to do her promotion, if she is to do radio interviews and tv performances.

be kind guys

Silvestro Devacelli

gaga during interviews:i’m italian... i’m italian american...i’m italian girl from new york...l’m european american...l’m american with italian ancestry.......million reasons...mirron reazons...meelion reezons(ft. Donatella VersacE)...million reasons( gemme that good one)...million reazons(bow down)...

jk:huntyga:

Ziggy

BeyoncĂ© doesn’t do them because they are a part of her marketing scheme. The less you give people to work with, the greater mystique you have around you and that’s what Beyoncé’s image is rn. Gaga, by contrast, is kind of trying to find an image to work with, I guess. She doesn’t have the success to not do interviews or promo plus she shines in them, but at the same time she is an established name the same as Taylor Swift or BeyoncĂ© or Adele. So it’s a bit tricky. Plus, it’s hard because she changes her image so much. I mean, sure other artists do as well, but Gaga goes through fairly drastic changes that from a marketing standpoint she’s hard to market because one day she’ll appeal to this new group and the next offend or repel them. She always has a core group, but outside of that, she doesn’t have a stable public following as other more consistent artists do. So I doubt she’ll stop doing interviews.

Archived