Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Do you wish Gaga's collaboration with Florence wasn't a miss?

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

Tom Nook

Tbh hey girl is underrated I enjoyed its direction of a subtle sultry almost Bennie and the Jets-eque sound with a natural composition that at least you know the two people in the studio actually made the song 

1xHp4NJ.gif

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fernster7

Worst song on the album and they needed to make a darker song with deep lyrics and stuff. Not that boring nonsense.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Miracle

It's a nice song. It may not be the most resonating song on Joanne but comes as warm and cute. 70s vibes all the way. Had a cute, retro music video been released for the song, the song would be watched on a completely different light.

SolidSnake

Why does Hey Girl get so much hate on this forum? Its one of the best songs on the album. Its a cute song performed by two of the best in the industry. Im not expecting Celine Dion levels of vocal acrobatics from it.

ItsTommyBitch

Sonically, production wise, its the most interesting and original track on Joanne though :green:  It's more what I expected when I heard Bloodpop and Parker were involved tbh. (though Parker's influence to me is literally only audible in the first bars of Perfect Illusion, the rest seems very Mark Ronson country lite :emma: )

Lyrically, melodically, its very cute, but the hook or chorus is pretty weak, I don't think they utilized the interesting part of Florence's vocal timbre very well, though the tone Gaga used on this track complimented Flo's very well, cute brighter Gaga is always appreciated from me. Bridge is short but 10/10. I also think the production and soundscape very much match the sentiment of the lyrics, which I can't always say about the rest of the record at times...

Definitely one of my most played tracks overall.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Chickens in Malibu
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

Hey Girl is the reason why Joanne got nominated for a Grammy.

Million Reasons is coming for you

GypsyBabe

A "miss" is a bit harsh. I like Hey Girl, and a lot of other people do too. It's got a very cool vibe to it. :gaycat:

⚯͛

ryanripley

Hey Girl is great though

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Wixson

I was slightly disappointed at first, but it ended up being one of my most played Joanne songs. It has an old-school, chill vibe that I love.

heygirl

hey girl is excellent :wub: and i have never, and never will, understand the hate toward it from this fanbase. period. 

be kind guys

Ziggy

I get that people don’t like it knowing the vocal capabilities of both of these artists, *however* on its own merits I think Hey Girl is great. Florence wasn’t belting for once, she got to try something new with her voice and the subtleties you hear in her minuscule runs are incredible. Gaga matched Florence’s more full-bodied voice with bright ones and it worked. Then the production. Lord. Listen to that alone and it’s beautiful. I think people just expected it to be something it was never going to be, but it itself is so good to me. I particularly love the back and forth and relative simplicity of the lyrics. It’s a conversation, a pep talk, a hype up, not a feminist dissertation. I really think it works and is far and away a Joanne standout.

my only reservation would be how it sounds so different from the rest of the album. That’s a bit odd to me, and makes it feel slightly obtuse, but both the album and song are beautiful.

Inferno

I don't think it was a miss. I actually liked Hey Girl a lot and upon first listens to the album it was a standout favorite to me and other people around me who listened to it. So it kind of trips me out that people on pop forums specifically look down on it so much. I think you guys just like over-analyze.

Lona Delery

Hey Girl is literally the best song on Joanne

Spoiler

and the only one i still listen to

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Archived