đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

"GFF2" is being campaigned for the Emmys!!!

asana15

Featured Posts

swakby

Seriously? I mean, no hate but am I really the only one who found the documentary to be a bit boring? 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Green Detox
17 hours ago, kabirartfling said:

Idk kind of a desperate move? Like why focus on the promo on emmy, they could just do the banner without the whole consideration thing

Some create an entire video for it:ladyhaha:

ryanripley
32 minutes ago, swakby said:

Seriously? I mean, no hate but am I really the only one who found the documentary to be a bit boring? 

yes

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Chickens in Malibu

This is an example of what I meant by BAD BAD management on Bobby's part.

This is deseperate and stupid move. It will actually make people vote against it.

When something is good enough, it will reach the jurors attention regardless. No need to use these kind of over-the-top publicity methods.

They tried to do the same thing with Joanne during the Grammy's season (with Gaga posting pics of Joanne certifications etc..). Luckily the voters still voted for her.

ryanripley
1 minute ago, nicolasrumet said:

This is deseperate and stupid move. It will actually make people vote against it.

When something is good enough, it will reach the jurors attention. No need to use these kind of over-the-top publicity methods.

They tried to do the same thing with Joanne during the Grammy's season (with Gaga posting pics of Joanne certifications etc..). Luckily the voters still voted for her.

it's a billboard with some extra text on it, it's hardly over the top...

this type of promotion is perfectly normal, how bobby trying to at least get an emmy nom is bad management is beyond me :smh: i swear some of ya'll just don't want her to succeed

Chickens in Malibu
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

it's a billboard with some extra text on it, it's hardly over the top...

this type of promotion is perfectly normal, how bobby trying to at least get an emmy nom is bad management is beyond me :smh: i swear some of ya'll just don't want her to succeed

You don't chase recognition. You work hard, excel and let others do the job for you. 

Let the media, reviewers, critics talk about the documentary and potentially nominate it. Gaga should rise above it. And even if they don't nominate her, it's not a big deal anyway. She's a musician, and she got her Grammy Nominations. This documentary isn't even worth this type of publicity. I wish they used more billboards for actual music promotions (like Joanne release) and stuff like that.

ryanripley
Just now, nicolasrumet said:

You don't chase recognition. You work hard, excel and let others do the job for you. 

Let the media, reviewers, critics talk about the documentary and potentially nominate it. Gaga should rise above it. And even if they don't nominate her, it's not a big deal anyway. She's a musician, and she got her Grammy Nominations. This documentary isn't even worth this type of publicity. I wish they used more billboards for actual music promotions (like Joanne release) and stuff like that.

they did use billboards for Joanne

read this thread, it's emmy season so this type of promo is perfectly normal and standard level, there's absolutely nothing wrong with pushing it further for an award

you're just on some moral high ground with this "IT SHOULD GET ITS OWN RECOGNITION" when that isn't how the industry works at all

it NEEDS the attention just like every other award contender is doing

Mr S
10 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

Ok but tell that to literally every show, movie, album that has even a remote chance of receiving a nomination. And save thus post for early next year when WB will do the exact same thing (and more) for ASIB.

LetsGetHigh
16 hours ago, Lona Delery said:

Ngl 5F2 is boring af and has no chance to win a Grammy

Thank god it's an Emmy promotional campaign then. :huntyga:

19 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

When something is good enough, it will reach the jurors attention regardless. No need to use these kind of over-the-top publicity methods.

This post screams ignorance. It's a common practice to have promotional campaigns. The biggest campaigns are done by the biggest stars and movie makers for the Oscars nominations, so why would it be embarrassing and an example of "BAD BAD management" when it comes to the TV of Oscars, the Emmys?

You see, when you submit something of yours for a prize, you don't just submit it, right? You present it to the jury. This is the same idea. If you think this is a desperate and stupid move then yikes. :huntyga:

ryhanna

I've never seen a billboard campaigning for an emmy before. Is that a thing that people do? Whatever, you go glen coco.

jinko

Some people on this thread really think that "for you consideration" campaigns are """""bad managment""""" and a """""desperate move""""", even making long-ass posts about it i'm

giphy.gif

ryanripley
Just now, ryhanna said:

I've never seen a billboard campaigning for an emmy before. Is that a thing that people do? Whatever, you go glen coco.

google image search "emmy billboard" and you'll see a tonne of billboards that have the "for your emmy consideration" tagline on them

ArtGagaPop
36 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

This is not even the works of Bobby, it's netflix you silly :huntyga:

Also almost everyone but gaga had "for your grammy consideration" lists on several music sites pushed by labels including many winners while gaga only had a couple of insta posts/tweets. This is litterly how the industry works, if you want to win non fan voting awards you have to campaign the work for you to get nomminated. :poot:

Not The Real Gaga

The documentary itself wasn't that good to be honest. Yes, for me as a fan it was still great to watch, but still they could have done better - filming, editing, etc.

Archived