đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

John Wayne as lead single?

kaelergrey

Featured Posts

kaelergrey

If Lady Gaga released John Wayne as the lead single. Will it make Joanne a more iconic era? Cause I think. If John Wayne was released as the proper lead single and promoted. It will be the "Bad Romance" or "Poker Face" of Joanne. 

Also Dancing in Circles as a single. I love Million Reasons too though. :staymad:

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

tomsches

It wouldn't have made a difference imo. Those who were here for Gaga bought the lead single no matter what and those who weren't, didn't and wouldn't have bought it no matter which song.

Quasi

As much as I love John Wayne, I think the song wouldn't appeal to the GP as much as PI did and even PI didn't garner much attention. The chorus is godly to us fans but it might hit a bit too hard to your average radio listener. People love hearing chill, vibey sort of songs nowadays and John Wayne is too in your face to blend in with Top 40 stuff. I prefer it that way though. The headbanging I do to JW is enough to give me whiplash. :giggle:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Bradley

I actually think it would have been more successful. Imagine if it was performed at the Superbowl in place of Telephone. Would have been a top 10 hit easily.

Chickens in Malibu

No.

The song is a bit too short, lacks a catchy chorus. I would've flopped like Perfect Illusion sorry.

However Dancin' In Circles could've been a hit. But I guess Gaga was concerned about the masturbation reference not being well-received by the radios.

ryanripley
5 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

No.

The song is a bit too short, lacks a catchy chorus. I would've flopped like Perfect Illusion sorry.

However Dancin' In Circles could've been a hit. But I guess Gaga was concerned about the masturbation reference not being well-received by the radios.

JW chorus is such an ear worm, wyd

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

MaryJaneHolland

I still think AYO should've been the lead, however John Wayne would've been a perfect Superbowl single.

shame

JW would've smashed. I remember watching Gaga's Coachella and when the chorus came on the whole crowd put their hands up and vibed to it. It's a universal banger :music:

angels forever, forever angels

homomo

John Wayne would’ve done better than Perfect Illusion for sure. Probably a top ten debut, and lasted at least double the time on the charts. 

The song is simple, short, and catchy. Plus it has that country vibe to it that people tend to eat up every once in a while. 

Quartz

Yes. It had her own spin of the beat drop formula that majority of the hits that year had. It was different but adhered to a similar formula. Perfect Illusion, awesome as it is, wasn't the most GP friendly lead.

Inside, we are really made the same. đź•Š

duckworth
1 hour ago, Carlo Rodriguez said:

If Lady Gaga released John Wayne as the lead single. Will it make Joanne a more iconic era? Cause I think. If John Wayne was released as the proper lead single and promoted. It will be the "Bad Romance" or "Poker Face" of Joanne. 

Also Dancing in Circles as a single. I love Million Reasons too though. :staymad:

The GP was silent during John Wayne in Coachella so no.

Diamond Heart is still the correct answer :queenga: 

SHALLOW

A-Yo or MR should’ve been the lead cause they perfectly repressnt the album imo. 

Jessica Germ

It's THAT bop on Joanne, it got a looot of streaming also, yeah I do think JW would've been a better choice :huntyga:

Archived