A Star Is Born
society

Man berates restaurant staff and customers for speaking Spanish; Exposed!

Featured Posts

Vegas   Paws Up 20,330
Vegas
7 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i don't think he likes me :( 

but I do

• Love 3

ryanripley   Paws Up 69,611
ryanripley
3 minutes ago, Triggered said:

but I do

i love you

• Love 3
https://goo.gl/wFxoYL

FABian   Paws Up 328
FABian
28 minutes ago, Luzaleja said:

So, it's understandable for him to be racist and bigoted, but God forbid the woman who's being the victim of racial discrimination, body shaming, and who he threatened with calling immigration, overreact. 

You are literally asking a victim of discrimination to be the bigger person, while simultaneously saying it was understandable for this man to act the way he did. I can see right through you.

What she said wasn't good, but that IS an understandable overreaction. 

I said from my previous post that it was an overaction on his part. But fighting fire with fire doesn't help anything. She could have been the bigger person in that situation instead of being just as terrible. 

I will be giving no respect to the woman or the man.

• LMAO 1

FABian   Paws Up 328
FABian
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

what part of threatening to call immigration and body shaming over the fact they speak spanish understandable?

You totally glossed over the actual understandable fact... which is him being uncomfortable with other people speaking In a different language because he has no idea what they're talking about...

But keep going

• LMAO 1

ryanripley
Just now, FABian said:

You totally glossed over the actual understandable fact... which is him being uncomfortable with other people speaking In a different language because he has no idea what they're talking about...

But keep going

again, that doesn't warrent 1% of his reaction so where is it understandable? if you don't speak spanish and they have no english speaking employees, you just say thank you and leave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FABian   Paws Up 328
FABian
42 minutes ago, 01Jaime said:

@FABian is OVER.

Giver her no A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E

Lmao. Cancel me... 

You can’t stop my voice, cause
You don't own my life but
Do what you want with my body

• Sad 1

Unites   Paws Up 3,575
Unites
1 hour ago, ferretti said:

All languages are welcome here. If a Spanish speaking person is spoken to in Spanish by a worker, great. That does not impact this man, it doesn't impact anyone. You'd rather if someone who only spoke Spanish came in and the server spoke Spanish that they pretend not to and simply not help that person? Why?

Didn't get that the customer spoke Spanish, sorry. Still, I think when they are not tourists, they should speak or at least try to or learn to speak English. 

FABian   Paws Up 328
FABian
6 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

again, that doesn't warrent 1% of his reaction so where is it understandable? if you don't speak spanish and they have no english speaking employees, you just say thank you and leave

Right. And that's what I would do. But I can understand why he would feel uncomfortable. It's called empathy. 

He overreacted and I'm not defending that. He dug himself into a deep hole. What I'm pointing out is that the reaction of those people helped nothing to bridge the gap between their differences.

Continue to keep the hate train going though, I live in Canada after all.. :huntyga:

EDIT:  and there is no justification for wishing physical harm on someone. Disgusting behaviour.

Edited by FABian

djBuffoon   Paws Up 8,848
djBuffoon

What disgusting behavior, from an attorney no less. That he is a Trump supporter makes this all the more predictable.

What's interesting is that he himself is a Spanish speaker, at least according to his website. So it's not like he couldn't understand what they were saying.

• Like 2

Luzaleja   Paws Up 1,063
Luzaleja
18 minutes ago, FABian said:

I said from my previous post that it was an overaction on his part. But fighting fire with fire doesn't help anything. She could have been the bigger person in that situation instead of being just as terrible. 

I will be giving no respect to the woman or the man.

You are showing more empathy to the racist bigot than to the victim of his racist behavior. 

You said his behavior was understandable, while hers wasn't. He literally threatened her with calling ICE. 

• Like 17

FABian   Paws Up 328
FABian
1 minute ago, Luzaleja said:

You are showing more empathy to the racist bigot than to the victim of his racist behavior. 

You said his behavior was understandable, while hers wasn't. He literally threatened her with calling ICE. 

Sorry but there is no way for me to know wether this individual is a racist bigot based off of a 1 minute video.

Wishing harm on someone is never and will never be an understandable behaviour for me. 

• LMAO 2
  • Sad 1

sailormari   Paws Up 40
sailormari

There's not even an official language in the US! Otro trumpista racista, what's new :saladga:

• Like 2

Baduizm   Paws Up 547
Baduizm

Really dude... you're living in New York City. Arguably the most culturally and ethnically diverse city in the United States. Get used to hearing different languages. :bye:

• Like 12

Luzaleja   Paws Up 1,063
Luzaleja
2 hours ago, FABian said:

Sorry but there is no way for me to know wether this individual is a racist bigot based off of a 1 minute video.

Wishing harm on someone is never and will never be an understandable behaviour for me. 

Yes, there is. You are on the internet.

You are doing the MOST to defend this person, and talk about how understandable it is for him to attack a hispanic woman for speaking Spanish in his presence. He also bodyshamed her, and again, threatened to call ICE. Yet you can't spend 5 minutes on the internet to google the person you are defending. (And no, saying you have no respect for either of them means nothing when you are actively defending him on this thread.)

This is not the first time he has been a bigot. There is another video of this person calling other jews, "fake jews". He also has a practice, promoted with a banner where it says they speak Spanish. So he has no problem getting money from hispanics and speaking Spanish when it can profit him, but God forbid people speak Spanish at a restaurant. 

How can you honestly feel empathy for a man who gets so flustered by someone speaking Spanish, to the point of threatening people, but then having no empathy for the victim of his acts, when this woman clearly said what she said out of being attacked and out of rage.

Also, yes she wished harm upon him. That's not good. But you keep ignoring the fact that he THREATENED her. Calling ICE would be harming her. Literally. 

I'm done with this conversation. You have answered to how many people in this thread saying his actions were understandable, and yet you don't spend any time to know more about what happened, when the information is right at your fingertips. 

Edited by Luzaleja
  • Like 17
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 2
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 2

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Luzaleja said:

Yes, there is. You are on the internet.

You are doing the MOST to defend this person, and talk about how understandable it is for him to attack a hispanic woman for speaking Spanish in his presence. He also bodyshamed her, and again, threatened to called ICE. Yet you can't spend 5 minutes on the internet to google the person you are defending. (And no, saying you have no respect for either of them means nothing when you are actively defending him on this thread.)

This is not the first time he has been a bigot. There is another video of this person calling other jews, "fake jews". He also has a practice, promoted with a banner where it says they speak Spanish. So he has no problem getting money from hispanics and speaking Spanish when it can profit him, but God forbid people speak Spanish at a restaurant. 

How can you honestly feel more empathy for a man who gets so flustered by someone speaking Spanish, to the point of threatening people, but then having no empathy for the victim of his acts, when this woman clearly said what she said out of being attacked and out of rage.

Also, yes she wished harmed upon him. That's not good. But you keep ignoring the fact that he THREATENED her. Calling ICE would be harming her. Literally. 

I'm done with this conversation. You have answered to how many people in this thread saying his actions were understandable, and yet you don't spend any time to know more about what happened, when the information is right at your fingertips. 

:applause: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2