Rep Tour Box Scores: $54M (7/53 dates)

Redstreak

Featured Posts

rumours
4 hours ago, Versace said:

Says "I'm not bitter"

but then provides evidence for otherwise 

Slay Rumours1977 :ohwell:

How did I provide evidence otherwise? I was being serious about her ability to extract money from her fans. Her and her team are clearly doing something right if she’s able to pull those kinds of numbers. That’s certainly a skill that she has. 

9 hours ago, JGD said:

Just because her music is not your cup of tea, or because she lacks a stage presence, or because her vocals aren’t powerful, or because she can’t dance well, or because you don’t like her personality, or because she has this “basic white girl” image does not mean she lacks talent or has minimal talent.

In my opinion, what she did well to a certain extent was songwriting. With her latest effort (and to a slightly lesser extent 1989), she has unfortunately regressed in that regard.

She isn’t untalented. That wasn’t what I was trying to say at all.  She has been able to effectively market the few skills that she does possess into a VERY lucrative business model.  That’s awesome, and I admire that. 

That’s all I was trying to say 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River
6 hours ago, Redstreak said:

I mean Rep has still done 4.5 million SPS WW

Compare to her previous albums, it's bad and something was wrong with Rep..  as a general number? for me honestly, 4.5mil is nothing compare to the real number of the music consumers and I'm talking now in general for every sing;e album, something is just not working.. it's still unbelievable that even with free streaming those are the WW numbers.. is piracy stronger than ever even with free streaming platforms?

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

ProdigyARTPOP

Actually nothing is wrong with Reputation, the album was solid, it was a step forward in the dark, the themes fit well with the music, her songwriting hasn’t regressed, have you guys listened to “Getaway Car” or “Dress” and we can’t compare 2015 numbers in music sales to 2018, the climate is completely different hip-hop and rap have completely taken over and anyone who’s complaining about 4.5 million copies in sales needs to get a reality check because that’s a solid amount 

warrentw

im not a huge taylor swift fan but do like few of her songs but after seeing the tour videos on youtube plus how amazing her vip package is she deserves this and this is how touring should be done.

Jaume

Big numbers but from an European vision... she ain't iconic, she isn't a legend... it  is not all about money guys.

Haroon

WOOOOOH YAY :woot: The footage of the tour looks amazing as well so I definitely think it's money well spent :yay: Can't wait to see her in just over a month, it'll be my first time seeing her live :excited2:

My Enigma Heart
On 5/16/2018 at 11:30 AM, Kara Brasil said:

The S&S tour ain't safe

What is the S&S tour? 

Jennie Kim
1 hour ago, Haus of Joanne said:

What is the S&S tour? 

Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour, the highest grossing female tour ever.

Chuckles
On 16/5/2018 at 12:04 PM, Jaume said:

Big numbers but from an European vision... she ain't iconic, she isn't a legend... it  is not all about money guys.

I do agree with this statement. TS is a force, she has her writing credits, her instrument playing, her music videos but what is IT that sets her apart? I can't think of that one time where she was iconic / legend status even though she has done so much in her 10-year career. FYI not talking about numbers or awards people, I am talking about general public recognition without even saying her name.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived