Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who is the Most Overrated Artist in Music?

rumours

Featured Posts

ItsTommyBitch
3 hours ago, VickyFame said:

I do think that Beyonce is both underrated and overrated.

That girl literally can get away with anything and still end up being called "Queen of Music" even in situations like her singles not making it to BB100, at all.

However, people who constantly worship her, mostly, don't understand the depth of her artistry and how profound her works can be. They only understand her superficially.

I agree with this. Both haters and fans underestimate the cultural and musical significance of her most recent two works. Lemonade for example (just to name 1 thing) spawned a syllabus that links the visual, musical, and thematic material of the entire film/project to a treasure trove of academic resources of poetry, feminist writings, womanist writings, art and visual theatre production, history, biographies of black women, religious material, etc. It's being used, downloaded, and disseminated all over in academia and on college campuses around the nation (and elsewhere? i assume, but not to the same extent probably), still being discussed, etc... because Lemonade as a collective body is inspirational, and INCREDIBLY profound. It's not just about Beyonce, she used her story and her struggle as a blueprint (:green:) to echo the very real lives of black women in and out of relationships and the particular, racialized and sexualized trauma that they go through. It's hard to think of any other albums in recent history that have resonated so deeply with sooo many people culturally and musically, the idea that its overrated or not deserving of praise :rip: Some of these kids think Dua Lipa is the next coming in comparison :ladyhaha: (No offense intended :sis: )

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick
On 5/12/2018 at 6:59 PM, Chiunzhan said:

Michael Jackson :saladga:

I feel personally attacked........we need Excuse Me No back just for this! :grr:

🖤

A Hybrid

Imagine Dragons

Ed Sheeran

Drake

Michael Jackson (although I have to accept that his music is great, it's just not god level like some claim)

No family’s safe when I sashay

Dunk96

Beyonce hands down and I have an entire video done by TJ Kirk (formerly AmazingAtheist on YouTube) who talked about why Beyonce is overrated and his points are quite strong and he isn't angry about his opinions (obviously when he's acting angry it's a joke)

rumours
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

I feel personally attacked........we need Excuse Me No back just for this! :grr:

58 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

Michael Jackson

giphy.gif

RodeckDanny
On 12/5/2018 at 11:37 PM, bionic said:

Elvis Presley – culture vulture extraordinaire 

I thought this until I watched a documentary in my modern music history class. As a musician, I can say now he was overly talented and had a great ear 

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

RodeckDanny

Kendrick Lamar for sure

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

imwoahvicky

the fact that people are saying "if *insert white artist here* released Lemonade, it wouldn't of received so much critical acclaim!" well, um, first of all, Lemonade was all about black empowerment, so I guess that shows GGD's intelligence levels 

OT: i don't know why we shouldn't overrate/talk about Beyonce :shrug: she's made a culturally influential album like @ItsTommyBitch has explained, and is still making an impact and is still being talked about present day, it's not like we can say that Joanne was culturally impactful, because it just wasn't, regardless of how enjoyable it was by itself 

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

Fish

Beyoncé by far bahaha the people saying shes underrated are DE LU LUUUU

T3ARS

Elvis Presley 

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

That J
18 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

LOL:sharon:

@That J Can you explain your fav's grill here?

See this is merely a statement on politcal femininity and the power of....ok ok ok.

Look, I dont dress the woman I just press play. 

I like to think it was a shoutout to Dita, her alter ego on Erotica but since they've still been in her mouth....idk. 

:huntyga:

She was just born this way baby. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J
22 minutes ago, Eggsy said:

madge.jpg

We have all had embarassing photos. Most come in yearbooks from school. This is just....unfortunate. lol. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Archived