💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who is the Most Overrated Artist in Music?

rumours

Featured Posts

JudasJustDance
On 5/12/2018 at 3:17 PM, Rumours1977 said:

This is a good point! 

I keep trying to pinpoint why people think Beyoncé is so overrated on GGD, and I really just can't find substantiated evidence to legitimize the amount of hate she seems to get. At first I thought it was due to her race, but other African American females don't seem to receive the same amount of hate proportionately on this site that she does. Then I thought it was due to her high level of fame, but artists like Rihanna (at least from my experience here on GGD) aren't facing the same amount of backlash. 

I think @ryanripley is on to something when he mentioned jealousy earlier in the thread, but that just seems so petty (hating on someone just because of their success). What do you think is going on?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JudasJustDance

Im no fan or hater of Beyoncé but I feel people think she’s overrated because of the amount of praise she gets. She gets praised like a god here’s in the U.S and I feel the praise she gets makes people think her as overrated.But she does deserve 80% of her praise because she has been working for a really long time now and does put out good music. Tho I think her lip syncing and not writing her music alone are aspects that contribute to me thinking she’s overrated. Tho these reasons are overrated (lol) , there reasons. Also I think fans like us think she’s overrated cuz of jealousy because of our faves like Lady Gaga  not getting the same level of publicity and praise. Tho I also get jealous cuz of this , it’s still a bit childish and petty to think like this, but it is what is is.

an artist I do think is overrated is Adele because of her voice. I feel she has a great voice no doubt but I don’t think it should be that labeled as amazing. For lack of a better word I think her voice just sounds ‘nice’, like I don’t think it’s powerful or emotional like voices that are underrated like Lady Gaga or Sia.

Chickens in Malibu

SZA probably... I like All The Stars but none of her other songs.

JudasJustDance

I love this thread , so much Beyoncé tea. Seeing the forum more now I’m noticing she really is over-praised. Anything she does now is like no one as ever done it. I don’t even think people knows she’s an artist anymore.

666 others
On 5/13/2018 at 4:10 AM, ryanripley said:

a lot of her fanbase would be here for that lol but yeah, it's strange because every era she's been almost a totally different person and some people still don't get it yet

i think she has a much smaller core and loyal fanbase compared to her peers because of how polarising her albums are and how each one has a unique sound attracting all kinds of audiences for one era but then turning some away for the next

it's just a shame they get can be so brutal about it

Completely agree with you on that. It's one of the reasons that I stan Gaga  but I can understand why others wouldn't feel the same.

:holyshit:

Lextyr97
8 hours ago, JudasJustDance said:

Im no fan or hater of Beyoncé but I feel people think she’s overrated because of the amount of praise she gets. She gets praised like a god here’s in the U.S and I feel the praise she gets makes people think her as overrated.But she does deserve 80% of her praise because she has been working for a really long time now and does put out good music. Tho I think her lip syncing and not writing her music alone are aspects that contribute to me thinking she’s overrated. Tho these reasons are overrated (lol) , there reasons. Also I think fans like us think she’s overrated cuz of jealousy because of our faves like Lady Gaga  not getting the same level of publicity and praise. Tho I also get jealous cuz of this , it’s still a bit childish and petty to think like this, but it is what is is.

an artist I do think is overrated is Adele because of her voice. I feel she has a great voice no doubt but I don’t think it should be that labeled as amazing. For lack of a better word I think her voice just sounds ‘nice’, like I don’t think it’s powerful or emotional like voices that are underrated like Lady Gaga or Sia.

No, we think she's overrated because, as you said in your post, she gets hailed as a god when she doesn't deserve it :poot:

Irrelevant
17 hours ago, Mythos said:

Everyone who hasn't written all they lyrics, played all the instruments, mixed everything, came up with the choreo and designed their own tour, created their own merch, did the design for the album etc, everything by themself, all the others are just fake and overrated.

oh no, our faves aren't safe

wsZbhPJ.gif

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

ryanripley
17 hours ago, Mythos said:

Everyone who hasn't written all they lyrics, played all the instruments, mixed everything, came up with the choreo and designed their own tour, created their own merch, did the design for the album etc, everything by themself, all the others are just fake and overrated.

this just about covers every single one of them, wig

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

VickyFame
On 5/13/2018 at 5:42 AM, ItsTommyBitch said:

I do think that Beyonce is both underrated and overrated.

That girl literally can get away with anything and still end up being called "Queen of Music" even in situations like her singles not making it to BB100, at all.

However, people who constantly worship her, mostly, don't understand the depth of her artistry and how profound her works can be. They only understand her superficially.

MOST OVERRATED ARTIST IN OUR TIME:

ED SHEERAN

I actually liked him when he was still beginning (A-Team, etc...). But I see no musical development and he has absolutely zero personality. 

Nuke

For me this artist are overrated you don't have to agree with my opinion so here we go:

1. Cardi B

2. Ed Shanner

3. Justin Bieber

4. Taylor Swift

5. Mylie Cyrus

6. Shawn Mendes

7. Iggy Azalea

Mythos
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

this just about covers every single one of them, wig

I know ^^, it's sarcasm, cause i knew so many are gonna write "He/She doesnt write" "This one doesnt play" "This one doesnt breath the right way" etc.

rumours
1 hour ago, Nuke said:

Ed Shanner

I want to say this is shade, but I’m not sure how :oprah:

Archived