đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who is the Most Overrated Artist in Music?

rumours

Featured Posts

Saade Baena

I lost the first page

I wanted to make it clear that BEYONCE IS NOT AN ARTIST

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Borislshere
1 hour ago, kevinsteve said:

This thread is up to our personnal opinions, so if you get tired for this you can just leave. :giggle: There are also writers who said that she was just adding ONE word to be credited. Also, she's all about the money #ASIB. Plus she's faking everything with Tidal etc. 

And my opinion is the argument is tired. How are you going to allow others to share their options but not me ? :laughga: Also what mega artist isn’t about money? I hate to break it to you but literally every pop girl is after the money. And those streams may have been faked but those sales weren’t. A person associated with those tidal leaks said Tidal isn’t even the only one faking streams.

The Z
32 minutes ago, Devyn said:

And my opinion is the argument is tired. How are you going to allow others to share their options but not me ? :laughga: Also what mega artist isn’t about money? I hate to break it to you but literally every pop girl is after the money. And those streams may have been faked but those sales weren’t. A person associated with those tidal leaks said Tidal isn’t even the only one faking streams.

It's your opinion but no need to be rude if you want people to accept it :emma:

Gaga isn't about money, and even if most of the stars are, it doesn't mean that it is normal for Beyoncé to be like this. It's a SHAME. And no Tidal is not the only one, and we all know it, but the matter is Beyoncé not Tidal. 

CurlyBeauty

Beyonce and Micheal Jackson. people insanely overrates those both and its suddenly annoying.

epione free

Lextyr97
7 hours ago, Rumours1977 said:

:blink: Who on earth said that?!?

Some media outlet

Chromatislaps
14 hours ago, Rumours1977 said:

I do think certain album cycles are overrated (i.e. Thriller, Bad) while others are underrated (i.e. Off The Wall). 

I prefer Dangerous & HIStory over Thriller and Bad tbh :lolly: they sound much more intricate and mature

Chromatislaps
7 hours ago, Rumours1977 said:

:blink: Who on earth said that?!?

blasphemy...MJ has had such a cross generational & cross cultural impact. No artist had the same impact he had. His music artistry is also very underrated, people think his producers did most of the work, he usually came to those producers with "demos" which sounded like what most artists would regard as a full or finished track. Some tracks were written or produced by others, but always with MJ's input in sound selection and melody progression. So yeah I wouldn't put Beyoncé above MJ. People seem to forget what a force he was in the music industry. ALL artists these days still draw inspiration from him....ugh...

Cody James

Ed Sheeran for the is a close tie. I loathe everything about him, but Justin Bieber wins this one for me. Between his attitude and history I can’t find myself a fan. Friends was a decent song due to its production, but other than that when compared to Ed at least Ed’s lyrics are personal. Hildish Gambino recently has frustrated me. I see his artistry is there, but I lost interest when he said hebis more talented than Gaga and got little backlash for it (maybe because he is a man). One artist should not discredit another. 

Female- Beyonce, Formation is my bop, but post Drunk in Love Beyonce I was really getting into. Female runner up, Madonna (sue me) I don’t dislike her, but the way I see people praising her confuses me as she plays into drama, hasn’t lately spoken up against social injustices aside from the whole white house incident, and if it wasn’t for Rebel Heart, I wouldn’t feel like I know anything about HER on a personal level. 

rumours
5 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I think it's important to make a distinction between "overrated" and "overhyped".

An overrated artist would be someone who is pretty mediocre, but is worshiped as though they're some sort of musical genius. In other words, the praise they receive is unwarranted. A perfect example of this would be Ed Sheeran -- average vocals, average to below average songwriting abilities, and yet the general public treats him like the Messiah :ohwell:

An overhyped artist can be brilliant, talented, amazing, etc., but they just receive way more attention than they should be getting. Beyonce falls into this category imo. While her artistry is debatable, her vocals and her performing abilities are second to none. But often times the praise she receives is just WAY out of proportion to what she delivers and sometimes it's just like, "we get it, she's great. Can we talk about something else? :triggered:" I enjoy Beyonce's music and her live performances (a lot, actually), but the minute I see everyone falling at her feet like she just cured cancer I can't help but cringe :madge: Anything that receives too much hype gets annoying after a while; it's only natural.

That’s a great distinction! :)

Thanks for your insight

Smother Em Eh

Beyonce: Yes, she’s an amazing performer but so is Madonna, Britney, JLO, and Gaga. As for her artistry, she doesn’t even write any of her songs nor does she play any instruments. She really shouldn’t be responsible for her acclaim considering she just gets songs handed to her and sings them. Like Britney and Rihanna, she really is more of a Enterainer then an Artist.

Selena Gomez: She is the most overrated pop star ever tbh. Say what you want about Britney, but atleast Britney is a good performer, say what you want about Taylor or Miley but these two are quite talented and can put on a pretty good show. Selena has nothing going for her in the Music department, she really should just stick to full time acting. I’m not hating at all, but come on it’s true. There’s absolutely nothing that separates her from the others, she isn’t talented or even a decent performer either. She just makes generic trend hopping music and has a pretty face. 

Ed Sheeran: Average Voice, trend hopping sound. He also has been caught ripping off other Artists work, therefore he isn’t very original. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

QueenGaga
13 hours ago, Devyn said:

You call staring in movies at the age of 19 after being in a successful girl group later to have one of the biggest music careers undeserving of hype? You call that doing nothing? 

Also “ dragging family drama around” do you realize the woman you stan literally brought up her deceased aunt as a concept for an album? 

She didn’t drag her deceased aunt around for 3 years. Beyoncé is milking this family drama. Also to defend Gaga, she mentioned her aunt during BTW era and had always wanted to pay tribute to her. 

A lot of musicians have been in movies. Also, “later to have one of the biggest music careers” is because she’s overhyped. I believe everything Beyoncé does is magnified in greatness that it actually doesn’t have 

culturalbaptism
6 hours ago, Saade Baena said:

I lost the first page

I wanted to make it clear that BEYONCE IS NOT AN ARTIST

She actually is.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

rumours
1 hour ago, Smother Em Eh said:

Selena Gomez: She is the most overrated pop star ever tbh. Say what you want about Britney, but atleast Britney is a good performer, say what you want about Taylor or Miley but these two are quite talented and can put on a pretty good show. Selena has nothing going for her in the Music department, she really should just stick to full time acting. I’m not hating at all, but come on it’s true. There’s absolutely nothing that separates her from the others, she isn’t talented or even a decent performer either. She just makes generic trend hopping music and has a pretty face. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4483366

Archived