💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who is the Most Overrated Artist in Music?

rumours

Featured Posts

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That J

Beyonce easily. Taylor Swift EASILY. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

PunkTheFunk
2 hours ago, Smother Em Eh said:

Beyonce: Yes, she’s an amazing performer but so is Madonna, Britney, JLO, and Gaga. As for her artistry, she doesn’t even write any of her songs nor does she play any instruments. She really shouldn’t be responsible for her acclaim considering she just gets songs handed to her and sings them. Like Britney and Rihanna, she really is more of a Enterainer then an Artist.

Playing devil's advocate here: what about the greats like Tony Bennett, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday, etc.? As far as I know they didn't write any of their own music -- they just sang songs that were handed to them, but they're still viewed by many as musical legends.

StarstruckIllusion

DRAKE. DRRRRAAAAKKKEE. He's even worse than Beyoncé omg when will people realize?

Ed Sheeran too nnn. Prob worse than Drake too

Zaskar
7 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Playing devil's advocate here: what about the greats like Tony Bennett, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday, etc.? As far as I know they didn't write any of their own music -- they just sang songs that were handed to them, but they're still viewed by many as musical legends.

Add Whitney and Elvis too while you are at it, dear. 

Oriane
11 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I think there's a difference between the jazz and pop industry.

Jazz standards are just made this way - they're written by an artist but covered by many and many singers afterwards. It's not about the songwriter behind it, it's about the music and the interpretation every artist will give to the songs.

But in pop music, and in most genres actually, the artist's imagery is crafted around the songs, their songs. Toxic is Britney's song, Poker Face is Lady Gaga's song, Teenage Dream is Katy Perry's song, etc... It doesn't matter whether they wrote it or not, everything will be about what these songs represent for the artists. You don't imagine these songs being covered many times by top-list artists in the following decades. You will hear a cover from time to time but everyone makes it clear who the original artist is, and that the original version is almost always the "best" one because it had the artist's original vision.

You agree that Gaga singing Bang Bang and Til it happens to you is not the same, right ?

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Whispering

In the real world:

1. Beyonce

2. Drake

On GGD: Lana Del Rey

rumours
14 minutes ago, Wigless said:

Ed Sheeran too nnn. Prob worse than Drake too

Idk... I’m not sure I can ever forgive Drake for Hotline Bling. 

Ed is at least decent elevator music that can blend into the background if needed 

StarstruckIllusion

9 minutes ago, Whispering said:

In the real world:

1. Beyonce

2. Drake

On GGD: Lana Del Rey

Oh my GODDD why has NO ONE MENTIONED THIS. She is SOOO overrated it drives me insane. 

Beyoncé for sure. The performing aspect she has. The artistry she doesn’t. I feel like she’s a puppet of everyone else’s ideas and then she is praised like the second coming of Jesus for songs she didn’t write, clothing she didn’t choose, ideas she didn’t come up with. 

She’s a very basic and unintelligent person who can perform well but that’s where it ends. 

BBhomemaker
15 minutes ago, Riley Benton said:

Beyoncé for sure. The performing aspect she has. The artistry she doesn’t. I feel like she’s a puppet of everyone else’s ideas and then she is praised like the second coming of Jesus for songs she didn’t write, clothing she didn’t choose, ideas she didn’t come up with. 

She’s a very basic and unintelligent person who can perform well but that’s where it ends. 

Define it 

rumours
28 minutes ago, Sharyu said:

Beyonce, good thing the legendary skinny queen ended her.

I see you are Raini-ing:stalkga: on Beyoncé’s parade

Archived