💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who is the Most Overrated Artist in Music?

rumours

Featured Posts

DemeLarell
21 minutes ago, SolidSnake said:

You would expect people on a Gaga forum to call her overrated? Interesting line of thought.

Child read it again. Comprehend it. I wasn’t saying she is overrated...

19 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

To be fair, I believe someone earlier in the thread mentioned Azealia Banks, and she doesn't have a #1 or a Top 10 single.

Actually that’s the one person who is actually overrated. 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

Drake, he's not that good of a rapper to me. He CAN sing, I wish he sang more than he rapped. Songs like Hold On, We're Going Home and One Dance proved that. And they were pretty huge hits. I have no idea how God's Plan went #1. It's quite mediocre.

Beyonce is a talented performer, but like others said, she doesn't compose or produce her own music. Still I regard Gaga as a better musician AND performer. Beyonce definitely sings live but she skips so many parts during a performance whereas Gaga sings every single line.

Bradley
8 hours ago, ryanripley said:

i think it's lowkey jealousy because Lemonade was an incredible album and we all wish gaga had it in her discography but i've learned to just love it without being bitter

Actually a lot of us would take Joanne over Lemonade any day.

Lextyr97

Beyonce. She was stated as being above Michael Jackson. Enough said.

Guest Adarsh
8 hours ago, Creyk said:

Beyonce: doesn't even write or compose her own music, and she is praised for her performances but half of the vocals are lip synched in.

She gets good reviews for her albums because if a critic said something bad about her, they would be deemed as racist, there is now the culture where if you say something negative about a black woman the only reason can be that you are racist. If Demi released Lemonade, it would not have received such acclaim.
The same thing is happening to Rihanna (another woman of color!). Year after year fashion magazines praise her looks at the MET gala, this year was no exception. Last year Katy ( a white woman) was DRAGGED for using the same designer that Rihanna used, because that Designer said some problematic things. But now that Rihanna does it it's okay because the echo chamber demands that you praise her.

Couldn't agree more. White people are dragged for cultural appropriation all the time but when Beyonce dressed up as Nefretiti for Coachella, no one seemed to care and the same when Rihanna did a cover story for Vogue Arabia with the same theme. 

Lextyr97

Also, the way everyone is defending Beyonce in this thread saying we are jealous is just a testament to the point others are trying to make. Beyonce has literally reached a point where anything and everything she does is right. If you criticise her, you're automatically considered ignorant, a racist, or jealous.

River

Beyonce because after the Tidal corruption, who knows what's going on there, I won't be surprise if she's paying for good reviews.. maybe a t the end this acclaimed and "overrating" is not even real.. 

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Lextyr97
1 hour ago, DemeLarell said:

So to sum up everyone’s answers: anyone who has went #1 (or even top 10) that’s not gaga. I don’t think anyone is really overrated. Popular or not .... if I like their music I just do. 

Why would we call Gaga overrated when she gets dragged left and right constantly? I don't give a **** if I'm a Gaga Stan; it's easy to see that Gaga isn't overrated. Her albums, including The Fame Monster, aren't highly rated on Metacritic. She doesn't have 1 album in the 80s. She gets dragged all the time for her acting in AHS. She got and still gets dragged to pits for Joanne and Perfect Illusion. The ARTPOP era? Did you forget what happened? For anyone to call Gaga overrated, they'd have to think she has the talent of the yodeling kid. Gaga is polarizing as **** and she gets slammed constantly. 

And this is an artist that always sings live, is a great performer, and writes almost all of her music.

DemeLarell
4 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

Why would we call Gaga overrated when she gets dragged left and right constantly? I don't give a **** if I'm a Gaga Stan; it's easy to see that Gaga isn't overrated. Her albums, including The Fame Monster, aren't highly rated on Metacritic. She doesn't have 1 album in the 80s. She gets dragged all the time for her acting in AHS. She got and still gets dragged to pits for Joanne and Perfect Illusion. The ARTPOP era? Did you forget what happened? For anyone to call Gaga overrated, they'd have to think she has the talent of the yodeling kid. Gaga is polarizing as **** and she gets slammed constantly. 

And this is an artist that always sings live, is a great performer, and writes almost all of her music.

Damn calm down. I’m not calling her overrated. I was saying if it isn’t gaga having success then the artist who is having success is referred to as overrated on this site. Comprehension 

Phoebe Buffay

I mean is this even a question? Of course it's Beyonce. That woman is a total product. Faking her streams, bought awards, robotic dancing, lipsyncing half of her shows, saying that she's a songwriter which she most certainly isn't. A feminist who depends/depended on men (her father, Jay Z..). I like her music, but the hype she gets like everyone in here said is... :awkney:. And those who said that we're just jealous, I would never want Gaga to become this "queen" of a person, but to do all those things that I mentioned in the beginning.

rumours
21 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

She was stated as being above Michael Jackson.

:blink: Who on earth said that?!?

GagaMariaSpears

Currently Cardi B :triggered:

And of all time: Eminem :trollga: and Bob Dylan :ohwell:

Chromatic

Beyoncé and Ariana Grande.

Don't get me wrong, I love Lemonade and I lowkey bop to No Tears Left To Cry, but in my opinion, they get praised way too much, considering their music has become rather mediocre and generic. 

Archived