Joanne World Tour
opinion

The Azealia hate needs to STOP

Featured Posts

Dominic   Paws Up 8,286
Dominic

She's just got no filter. A blessing and a curse. She's created her own narrative that'll unfortunately dominate her professional career.  It's undeniable that she's 'attacked' many people, particularly with racism, homophobia and sexism. It would be easier to ignore these things if it weren't a constant issue. 

I find it quite telling how she always seems to criticise black women in music whilst also claiming to be their Savior.mp3. There are copious more male artists who say and do worse things yet she has a flagrant disregard for them because a male vs. Female feud doesn't sell as well. It's just a strange concept to me. 

Otherwise she's brilliant and I wish her no harm and glad her mental health has been vastly improving...something that should never be used against her. 

• YAAAS 1
The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Goddess   Paws Up 72
Goddess

Actually what needs to end is that "chicken slander" mess, c'mon guys, it's her religion

Fish   Paws Up 1,704
Fish

I thought this Azalea person was white??? 

• LMAO 2

ALGAYDO   Paws Up 6,765
ALGAYDO
4 hours ago, Fish said:

I thought this Azalea person was white??? 

Sis, that’s Iggy lol 

• LMAO 2
Gummy Bear ➡️ NOT Marinara ➡️ HOMODRAKE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GypsyBabe   Paws Up 13,082
GypsyBabe

I have no stake in this because I have never heard a single song of hers...but as a bystander I think she is a toxic human and a bully. :interestinga:

Lance   Paws Up 16,767
Lance

Nah b

• Thanks 1
Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

holy scheisse   Paws Up 5,264
holy scheisse

Thank you OP for posting this. I'm an azralia fan. And I've never watched this but she's so intelligent and so far from malicious. She has opinions and she's honest and people demonize her for being authentic. If anybody actually watched this video they could extract that from her--but instead they obsess over the headlines and make assumptions about her intentions and character that are baseless. Its just bad research people, get over the AB hate. If you hate her opinions that's fine. But it's no reason to portray her as a monster.

• Sad 1

holy scheisse   Paws Up 5,264
holy scheisse
On 5/13/2018 at 1:48 PM, Debithius said:

Honey its not showing recently, she made cardi delete her insta. Get your time stamps right.

She didn't make cardi b do anything. Cardi is a big girl, she and her team can make their own decisions. She got triggered and shot back at AB. Its funny cuz in the video she actually doesn't want to talk about Cardi but the interviewers press the topic. She reaches the point where she says she doesn't even wanna be talking about her she'd rather be talking about her own music. She's just being authentic, honestly.

Edited by holy scheisse

Matangi   Paws Up 1,215
Matangi
On 5/12/2018 at 8:12 PM, T3ARS said:

I'm sorry  but I have to go OFF

Cardi B is not a black woman, IN ANY STRETCH of the imagination. Her father is not black and her mother is MGM. She has no claim to blackness and she realistically is less than 20 percent black. And please miss me with the "she's afro-latina"; no she is not. By definition, an afro-latina is a person with significant African ancestry. 

CARDI B DOES NOT EVEN IDENTIFY AS A BLACK WOMAN. Which she shouldn't because she isn't one and she like Halsey and Veronica Vega like to use the .2 percent blackness they have to INVADE black spaces and I and sick of this BULLSHIT. Black people are NOT a dumping ground for "other" or MIXED RACE people. 

cardi-b-parents-1517488666-view-0.jpg

I can understand your confusion on the topic since AmeriKKKa LOVES to paint mixed people as black, but you are SEVERELY mistaken if you believe that two NONBLACK people can create a BLACK child. 

Cardi B is a black woman. Cardi B is a Latina. Cardi B is Dominican and Trinidadian. Cardi is a MGM. Her parents are likely both mixed, like most people are from the Carribean, often with European, African, and Native American and South Asian ancestry in varying amounts. Historically anyone who has significantly mixed with African, Native and darkskinned people has been categorized as one of them because the "standard" is white purity. I am not confused about the situation regarding this, I'm a multiracial person and I damn well do not deny any end of my heritage. Multiracial people are not just halves and quarters of identities. It really doesn't matter how you feel about it, she is an afro-latina woman. And she always has claimed her blackness, while understanding she is mixed, cause it is hers to claim.

• Like 2

techhausmonster   Paws Up 18
techhausmonster
On 5/12/2018 at 3:49 PM, Eggsy said:

Um its only old news if the behavior stopped. She's still poison imo

Tea. In this interview she is a lot better but that doesn't exclude the fact that she DMd Cupcakke telling her that if she wanted to be successful she would need to get her boobs done and get liposuction. She still has work to do. She has definitely matured since 2014, I will say that. 

LilMonsterKills   Paws Up 2,749
LilMonsterKills

If you're defending Azealia's actions you're just as tragic as she is. :awkney:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

PUKKIE   Paws Up 323
PUKKIE

She is undefendable at this point.. dont care what anyone says 

• Like 2

Craven Moorecox   Paws Up 214
Craven Moorecox
On 5/12/2018 at 4:13 PM, Eggsy said:

I'm salty she referred to the lgbt community as the white gay kkk

Is it not?:interestinga:

elijahfan   Paws Up 5,795
elijahfan

Sorry, but she's doing a fine job bringing the hate to herself.

T3ARS   Paws Up 3,465
T3ARS
On 5/15/2018 at 7:34 PM, Matangi said:

Cardi B is a black woman. Cardi B is a Latina. Cardi B is Dominican and Trinidadian. Cardi is a MGM. Her parents are likely both mixed, like most people are from the Carribean, often with European, African, and Native American and South Asian ancestry in varying amounts. Historically anyone who has significantly mixed with African, Native and darkskinned people has been categorized as one of them because the "standard" is white purity. I am not confused about the situation regarding this, I'm a multiracial person and I damn well do not deny any end of my heritage. Multiracial people are not just halves and quarters of identities. It really doesn't matter how you feel about it, she is an afro-latina woman. And she always has claimed her blackness, while understanding she is mixed, cause it is hers to claim.

No one is saying she has to deny her heritage but it is completely absurd to call her a black woman. Would you find it okay if the Obama girls came out and claimed to be white?  

It's great that you're mixed, but I really hope that you're not walking around the world claiming to be ONE RACE. It is unfair to the majority and full-blooded African blooded because it creates a ridiculous image of blackness. My great great grandfather was a white man. I would be laughed at if I ever claimed to be white because I am not, it unfair to sit here and say that someone who was born to a mixed race mother (I don't believe her father is mixed) and say that she is black, in the same essence of real black woman like, Angela Basset, Whitney Housten, Lupita, Serena Williams, etc. 

Like I said an Afro-latina is someone of SIGNIFICANT African ancestry, not my feelings, just the definition. If it wasn't the cases almost every person in South America could claim to be black.  

Such as this woman: 

Johannaafrolatinastory2-500x500.jpg

(Author of this article: Source )

This is insane that anyone can be black. Let me break it down for you, one more time. Unless your parents look like this: 

WCPO_black_family_reunion_resized_143975

Africa-family.jpg

You are not black, and yes, I know light-skinned people exist, however, this is what the majority of black people look like. I will not allow any mixed person to claim that they are majority black when they are not. I am NOT saying to discard their heritage but to be truthful about what they are. I will continue to fight for my race and I will not back down on this. I am tired of "others" trying to invade and dictate to MAJORITY BLACK people what is acceptable in our community. 

This is what real black woman look like

[EDIT] I must ask since Cardi is mixed with many different ethnicities, why can't she claim any of the other ones. Like Indian, what is wrong with her claiming that? Why must it always be black?  

Edited by T3ARS
It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde