Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga may soon get her own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

yASSsss

Featured Posts

NONONONO

Well, this isn't much of an achievement. You just need to pay and it's there. It's just another promo opportunity, and an attraction for tourists. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red
20 minutes ago, JGD said:

Well, you still have to be an accomplished figure in order to get your application considered.  Even then, a committee has to approve your campaign for one.

Yeah but "I applied to have a star in the walk of fame" doesn't equal "I am so famous they got me a star in the walk of fame", as most people (including me some months ago) think it works 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

JGD
3 minutes ago, Red said:

Yeah but "I applied to have a star in the walk of fame" doesn't equal "I am so famous they got me a star in the walk of fame", as most people (including me some months ago) think it works 

In my opinion, having your application and campaign approved is pretty much equal to “they got me a star.”

Because either way, you wouldn’t even have one unless you have a significant impact in the industry. 

Drin Lon
3 hours ago, kevinsteve said:

Ps: Gaga once said she didn't want to get it, she feels like it's like a funeral

Following Madonna's footstep I see :reductive:

Drin Lon
1 hour ago, GreekGod said:

“I’ve been a super fan. I feel like it’s been lost a little bit”

she managed to change the status quo back in those days. Will she manage to / want to change that again? That is the question.

Gaga had that worldwide crazy fanbase at the start of her career, similar to super dedicated MJ, Madonna or Metallica level fanatism. It just died out quickly, just like her rise to fame. Now she’s kind of Rihanna, Shakira level and I feel like she’s quite happy with that and focusing on her own personal life as well, which is understandable. 

Sadly I feel like because Rihanna and Shakira have had impressive longeivity, they have the edge over Gaga as of now :/

The Z
8 hours ago, Drin Lon said:

Following Madonna's footstep I see :reductive:

No, it's HER opinion and I'm pretty sure she doesn't even know/care about Madonna on the Hollywood WOF. Gaga has been refusing a lot of things of the kind for years, way before Madonna re-existed because of her Gaga bashing:queenga:

Infinity Wave
10 hours ago, PEZ said:

"....the cost of installing a star on the Walk of Fame upon approval is $40,000 and the sponsor of the nominee accepts the responsibility for arranging for payment to the Hollywood Historic Trust ... The funds are used to pay for the creation/installation of the star and ceremony, as well as maintenance of the Walk of Fame." (from their website)

I suddenly don't want it anymore :cryga:

Colourful

RAMROD

It would be great! I wanna see her name on one of those Hollywood blvd tile! Or better yet, one of the building walls just like Muhammad Ali cos he does not want to be stepped on.

Also, y’all need to realize and understand the fee is mainly to pay for the maintenance, as well as to create the tile orself, since the comittee who run this are not paying it themselves. Especially since some people would do vandalism to the stars. Many occassions that the stars are broken or even stolen by both the haters and fans of the particular artists. Besides, it is not like every one can have their name installed there, they need to be at least culturally known worldwide, or for short they need to be iconic, that includes animals and fictional characters too. So it is not like buying frozen pizza from the grocery aisle. So many people tried to get their idols to get a star for years, and they have raised enough funds for it, but just never happen because they are not considered that iconic to the comittee.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD
11 hours ago, Red said:

How is this any different with any awards show regardless of how prestigious it is? (Except for fan voting based awards like MTV  or Nickelodeons awards that utilizes the fanbases) :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Rifek
5 hours ago, Bradley said:

What producer?

RedOne 

Spoiler

:triggered:

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

bravenewworld

So it means if I pay 40 000 $ I can have my own star?

Pop Music

Last year for spring break I was in LA touring the walk of fame and asked my tour guide if they had a star for gaga and he said legit "Why would they give her a star??" I was FUMING for the rest of the day :deadbanana: 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Archived