💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

ASIB Turned Down The Opportunity To Premiere At Cannes

yASSsss

Featured Posts

Jeremy Kosinski

I can't wait for the suspiria remake to premiere as well... one of the top horror movies of all time i just hope it all doesn't get lost in translation cuz shock is what makes good horror 😍

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jaume

Look best things come from your heart, when they are pure and real, when arent too planned: TFM was written and produced and recorded while on tour, when having fun; MR was a truly emotional song it was not meant to be released and both got awarded and were successful. Then  you have ARTPOP which was too pretentious and end up being a disaster in many ways.

elijahfan
17 hours ago, Fable said:

Ehh, I think this is an unfair criticism - From what I've seen this has been a project that's really significant to Bradley and he felt like he needed to make this film. That seems like a great reason to make the film, it seems like the right reason to direct the film.

Taking a blasé approach to marketing and promoting the film doesn't make that more 'authentic' it still makes sense, especially for the production company, to take the time to strategize the best marketing for the film. You want people to watch your film, you want to ideally make a film that makes money and is respected.

Awards shouldn't be the be all and end all, I agree with that, the value of a film shouldn't be  measured on how many awards it's racked up or how much money it has made and I don't think all films should be made with the sole purpose of winning awards - but those factors are still important. I don't think it's terrible to aim for that if you think you've made a film that's worthy of that.

Right, I agree with you and I nearly deleted that last sentence before posting. I'm just still salty some of my most anticipated movie of the year avoided Cannes... :laughga: There was a time when Cannes and big award shows were on the same level - now, it feels like an afterthought.

Spock

tbh with all the **** Cannes is getting this year maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea lol 

i’ve seen more articles and headlines about the messes that keep happening than coverage on the movies themselves 

who will love me when the night is over

Archived