💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

ASIB Turned Down The Opportunity To Premiere At Cannes

yASSsss

Featured Posts

flopheart

I'm here for ASIB premiering in Venice.

The Shape of Water won an oscar and it was premiered in Venice (end of august/early september)

Btw i live for this " Those two names alone are enough to raise the star power quite a bit for the festival"

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mirages
On 4. 5. 2018 at 7:44 PM, Anveeroy said:

MISSED OPPORTUNITY! 

Carol still got a ton of nominations at Oscars. 

6 is not a ton, especially when they were omitted from Best Picture, which it certainly deserved.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Creyk
11 minutes ago, Mirages said:

6 is not a ton, especially when they were omitted from Best Picture, which it certainly deserved.

Considering the controversial subject of the movie, it fared well enough.

Mirages
53 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Considering the controversial subject of the movie, it fared well enough.

Not when it had Brokeback Mountain page its way years before.

Creyk
Just now, Mirages said:

Not when it had Brokeback Mountain page its way years before.

bm was more well done from a technical standpoint

SwissMonster

My bet is that it will have a appearance (maybe even a premier) at the ZĂŒrich Film Festival. Since the event became really big it could really happen (wich definitly would made me happy as a Swiss little monster :selena:). But honestly the list of big stars and movies premiering/shown at the festival are getting higher and higher from year to year. Also it’s from 27 September to the 7h October. Since ASIB officially premiers the 5th I could definitely see a special screening there (If Bradley and Gaga would come too is an other question but definitely possible)

SwissMonsterÂźïž - Creating controversy since 1999

Mirages
1 hour ago, Creyk said:

bm was more well done overall

fixed 

DonnieDarko
2 minutes ago, Alfonso said:

Interesting, but we still have no trailer :toofunny:

And it’s not unusual or weird. Actually it’s pretty normal. Also, the CinemaCon footage is almost never released to the public and the trailers shown there are often different than the ones released to the public.

elijahfan

Many distributors have chosen to act this way this year, unfortunately..... I indeed expected Suspiria and ASIB to premiere at Cannes, and was really gutted when the lineup was ultimately announced. The same goes for the new Xavier Dolan, who admitted he avoided Cannes this year for the very reasons raised in the OP.

People should also remember examples like The Tree of Life, that won the Palme d'Or AND the best picture Oscar not that many years ago - these things are not exact sciences.... Not to mention the countless Palme d'Or winners that ended up as best foreign language film contenders. In 2018, distributors are choosing to act this way, but next year the strategy might be diametrically different.

I think it kinda irks me in general when the awards race becomes so important... It's like... are you guys making cinema for the right reasons?

Good decision.

Last year no Cannes premieres got any Oscar love.

The best choice is Toronto. Venice is ok but not as good as Toronto.

kabirartfling

I just want to see gaga in beautiful red carpet gowns! When is that gonna happen?

Give your love to me

Jaume

IMO the whole "Im waiting for the festivals/awards season/the right time to release it bc I want to win an Oscar" it is a bad idea. Same happem if you do the same thing with the  Grammys because you never know if there is going to be another brilliant release which can win everything.

Release it whenever you want and if your material is good enough, things will be fine. 

Bebe
13 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Many distributors have chosen to act this way this year, unfortunately..... I indeed expected Suspiria and ASIB to premiere at Cannes, and was really gutted when the lineup was ultimately announced. The same goes for the new Xavier Dolan, who admitted he avoided Cannes this year for the very reasons raised in the OP.

People should also remember examples like The Tree of Life, that won the Palme d'Or AND the best picture Oscar not that many years ago - these things are not exact sciences.... Not to mention the countless Palme d'Or winners that ended up as best foreign language film contenders. In 2018, distributors are choosing to act this way, but next year the strategy might be diametrically different.

I think it kinda irks me in general when the awards race becomes so important... It's like... are you guys making cinema for the right reasons?

Ehh, I think this is an unfair criticism - From what I've seen this has been a project that's really significant to Bradley and he felt like he needed to make this film. That seems like a great reason to make the film, it seems like the right reason to direct the film.

Taking a blasé approach to marketing and promoting the film doesn't make that more 'authentic' it still makes sense, especially for the production company, to take the time to strategize the best marketing for the film. You want people to watch your film, you want to ideally make a film that makes money and is respected.

Awards shouldn't be the be all and end all, I agree with that, the value of a film shouldn't be  measured on how many awards it's racked up or how much money it has made and I don't think all films should be made with the sole purpose of winning awards - but those factors are still important. I don't think it's terrible to aim for that if you think you've made a film that's worthy of that.

Archived