💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

ASIB Turned Down The Opportunity To Premiere At Cannes

yASSsss

Featured Posts

yASSsss

As we approach the start of the Cannes Film Festival (May 8, for those that keep track of these things), the talk around the event is a little more reserved than in recent years. Unlike previous festivals, there’s not much quote-unquote star power on display. Sure, there’s “Solo: A Star Wars Story” making its debut, and a couple big-name directors have films showing, including Spike Lee and Lars von Trier. However, overall, Cannes doesn’t seem to have the same buzz in 2018 that its hard historically.

According to Variety, it’s not for their lack of trying, however. The media outlet is reporting that the people at Cannes approached several high profile productions about premiering at the event, but they declined the invitation.

“Suspiria,” from “Call Me By Your Name” helmer Luca Guadagnino and starring Dakota Johnson, Tilda Swinton, Mia Goth, and Chloë Grace Moretz, was a film that many thought would be at Cannes this year, but Variety reports that they turned down the offer. Another film specifically named in the report is none other than Bradley Cooper’s “A Star is Born” remake. “A Star is Born” is Cooper’s directorial debut and stars Lady Gaga. Those two names alone are enough to raise the star power quite a bit for the festival. However, they too turned down Cannes’ offer.

The question you may be wondering is, “Why?”

Apparently, filmmakers are looking at examples like “Foxcatcher” and “Carol” as films that debuted at Cannes and were thought to be major awards contenders but ended up peaking too early. Since Cannes falls in Spring, many believe that it’s too soon to debut your Oscar-caliber film. Now, producers and filmmakers look at the Fall festivals, which is closer to awards season, like Toronto as more advantageous.

https://theplaylist.net/suspiria-star-born-cannes-20180504/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miracle

The film was supposed to be released in May and have Cannes as a big support platform, however, it doesn't make sense to release it that soon. Smart decision

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, yASSsss said:

Suspiria,” from “Call Me By Your Name” helmer Luca Guadagnino and starring Dakota Johnson, Tilda Swinton, Mia Goth, and Chloë Grace Moretz, was a film that many thought would be at Cannes this year, but Variety reports that they turned down the offer. Another film specifically named in the report is none other than Bradley Cooper’s “A Star is Born” remake. “A Star is Born” is Cooper’s directorial debut and stars Lady Gaga. Those two names alone are enough to raise the star power quite a bit for the festival. However, they too turned down Cannes’ offer.

Talents only

tumblr_inline_p7h5qeMPpY1qzw3a7_400.gif

LePetitGAGABLover
2 minutes ago, Miracle said:

The film was supposed to be released in May and have Cannes as a big support platform, however, it doesn't make sense to release it that soon. Smart decision

This^^^^ Thank god Gaga's management is not responsible for the film. Finally a well-experienced team that knows what their doing is taking care of it. :golfclap:

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Creyk said:

Why are they like this :wtf:

cus they want to impact the oscar season, delaying the movie was a wise choice

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

PunkTheFunk
2 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Why are they like this :wtf:

And this is how you know who didn't read the article :poot: Stay in school kids :poot:

Anveeroy

MISSED OPPORTUNITY! 

Carol still got a ton of nominations at Oscars. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Creyk
2 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

And this is how you know who didn't read the article :poot: Stay in school kids :poot:

I read the thread title and that's all that matters

ordinarynam1310

I'd rather see the movie released in later of the year.

In May there are a bunch of blockbusters from Infinity Wars, Deadpool 2, Love Simon

Push it back to the Oscar season is great

Bolkins

This sort of hype is strange and new, but tantalising. I swear this film better live up to it all of this baiting, I really wasn’t fussed about it before, I was excited about Gaga’s first role but this film itself I was that interested in, but the way it’s being treated and spoken about has really piqued my interest. 

bloody g

risky move, let's see if it turns on their favor

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

PunkTheFunk
10 minutes ago, LePetitMonstr said:

This^^^^ Thank god Gaga's management is not responsible for the film. Finally a well-experienced team that knows what their doing is taking care of it. :golfclap:

Bobby:

sH0YIsL3sezvjCZPpGGRxsOwYP0AnnjbHJWl22eU

joeymonda

They still have TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival) in September. 

F*ck your perfect illusion

Archived