Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Avicii takes over charts following his death

PopTwo

Featured Posts

Following his death on 20th June 2018, Avicii's songs have re-entered charts all over the world.

UK

#26 Wake Me Up

#36 Levels

Scotland

#7 Wake Me Up

#18 Levels

#21 Hey Brother

#25 The Nights

#35 Waiting For Love

#42 Lonely Together

#43 Seek Bromance

#45 I Could Be The One

#53 Silhouettes

#71 Addicted To You

Australia

#14 Wake Me Up

#24 Levels

#36 Without You

#38 Hey Brother

Ireland

#13 Wake Me Up

#15 Levels

#19 Without You

#20 Waiting For Love

#23 Lonely Together

#24 Hey Brother

#30 The Nights

#64 You Make Me

#65 Broken Arrows

#66 I Could Be The One

#83 Addicted To You

#86 Silhouettes

#88 The Days

Sweden

#1 Without You

#2 Wake Me Up

#3 Lonely Together

#4 Levels

#5 Waiting For Love

#6 Hey Brother

#8 The Nights

#12 For A Better Day

#14 Broken Arrows

#17 You Be Love

#18 You Make Me

#25 Addicted To You

#26 Gonna Love Ya

#27 The Days

#31 I Could Be The One

#34 Silhouettes

#35 Seek Bromance

#51 Dear Boy

#54 Friend Of Mine

#59 What Would I Change It To

#63 Pure Grinding

#64 Fade Into Darkness

#73 So Much Beter

#83 Somewhere In Stockholm

#85 Trouble

#99 Ten More Days

So, in Sweden, he has taken up 8 places in the Top 10!

River

You know what makes me sick? that a person needs to die to be recognized by the stupid GP that listens to trash all the time and supports it instead to the real musicians..

It's always like that, an artists die and they all fake tears and listen to their music for weeks like they were their biggest fans.. like most of them didn't even know his name before..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Andreu
9 minutes ago, River said:

You know what makes me sick? that a person needs to die to be recognized by the stupid GP that listens to trash all the time and supports it instead to the real musicians..

It's always like that, an artists die and they all fake tears and listen to their music for weeks like they were their biggest fans.. like most of them didn't even know his name before..

I agree with you, but to be fair Avicii had always been super appreciated in Sweden. It's not like Without You was #1 suddenly, it topped the charts for five weeks last summer.

In this case I've never seen anyone faking it... But I've been accused like five times of being a fake fan :selena:

14 minutes ago, River said:

I did go back and listen to his old music and hadn't actually heard Without You until the other day. I was a huge fan of Avicii at some point and it makes me angry that I stopped listening to him and didn't appreciate his work and how much he did in these last few years. I also checked the chart of the week before and Without You was still changing at #60 and before all these songs re-entered, Levels & Wake Me Up were the two most successful songs in Sweden based on points from the chart.

5 minutes ago, Andreu said:

In this case I've never seen anyone faking it... But I've been accused like five times of being a fake fan :selena:

I have too, people told me for most of this week honestly :saladga:

RAMROD
19 minutes ago, River said:

That doesn’t work with Avicii, (he was the highest paid DJ for a reason), or some famous legends like MJ, Prince, Bowie, Whitney :giggle:

Also, there so many acts in showbiz, they could have been reminded about these passing musicians again when they hear the news. 

Anyway, don’t think it is bad that they are giving out their condolence regardless. :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Andreu
20 minutes ago, LukeIsGaga said:

I have too, people told me for most of this week honestly :saladga:

The biggest irony is that I have used the jacket of his H&M collection the whole spring season but no-one noticed before lmao

River
24 minutes ago, LukeIsGaga said:

I did go back and listen to his old music and hadn't actually heard Without You until the other day. I was a huge fan of Avicii at some point and it makes me angry that I stopped listening to him and didn't appreciate his work and how much he did in these last few years. I also checked the chart of the week before and Without You was still changing at #60 and before all these songs re-entered, Levels & Wake Me Up were the two most successful songs in Sweden based on points from the chart.

IT was not toward you, sorry if you felt that way.

It was more to those who like never posted a video of Avicii on social media, never cared about his music and now are his "biggest fans"

Catnikko
41 minutes ago, River said:

100% but Avicii was definitely recognized by the GP :toofunny: It's in the charts because the radio has been playing all of his songs which has shown him to people that might not have known his music before

River
2 minutes ago, Unbeweavable said:

100% but Avicii was definitely recognized by the GP :toofunny: It's in the charts because the radio has been playing all of his songs which has shown him to people that might not have known his music before

I swear, they know the songs, but they don't know that he was behind them.. like suddenly you hear those big revelations "omg so this song was by Avicii??" because people just don't care anymore..

13 minutes ago, River said:

IT was not toward you, sorry if you felt that way.

It was more to those who like never posted a video of Avicii on social media, never cared about his music and now are his "biggest fans"

I get what you are trying to say don't worry :) For me personally, it feels like people are just saying it because I didn't always talk about his music in the past like I do with most of the artists I liked and so people thought I was acting like I was claiming to be his biggest fan when I wasn't :selena:

23 minutes ago, Andreu said:

The biggest irony is that I have used the jacket of his H&M collection the whole spring season but no-one noticed before lmao

I owned both his albums beforehand and was a big fan of Lonely Together when it was always being played on the radio :) I didn't ever consider myself his biggest fan like people have been doing, I just loved his music but hadn't heard as much of his new music as his old music if I am making any sense :)

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, River said:

People only appreciate after its too late.

The Z

I always listened to his music a lot. But I never got to know his personality or anything so I got sad but I've accepted it. I can't imagine the day when Gaga dies though... How the **** will I survive this... I love her like a family member, a close friend, or a girlfriend, or even a daughter...

Dominic
1 hour ago, River said:

I swear, they know the songs, but they don't know that he was behind them.. like suddenly you hear those big revelations "omg so this song was by Avicii??" because people just don't care anymore..

He's had 9 UK Top 10s and 2 #1s. Avicii himself was pretty well known, especially across Europe.  It was just the US where he wasn't as big :shrug:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived