Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Bloodpop confirming LG6? May release?

SwissMonster

Featured Posts

ryanripley
Just now, Inferno said:

Its just funny to me that in an era of like Lemonade, when Gaga going full on high concept as well as fashion forward/artistic material would be totally embraced and welcomed, she chooses to do an album like Joanne.

idk, beyonce has never been hated on the same level of gaga :huh: ARTPOP was meant to be her Lemonade but nobody was going to let it happen and nobody was willing to take her seriously

it's cruely unfair that she had to spend a few years of her career just to prove to people she's been legit since day 1 but hopefully now she's in a space where she feels confident again to pull off an ambitious project

like this is the lady gaga, the original queen of twitter and youtube and fashion and visuals of late 2000s. i've always loved gaga and i love Joanne but even i can admit Joanne is very clearly a safe move, i don't think she was feeling to confident about jumping right back into it with something on the scale of Lemonade :shrug: but that's just me trying to defend Joanne

i'm very hungry and eagerly waiting for her to attempt something daring again instead of more "woe is me, look at me, i can sing"

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inferno
3 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

idk, beyonce has never been hated on the same level of gaga :huh: ARTPOP was meant to be her Lemonade but nobody was going to let it happen and nobody was willing to take her seriously

it's cruely unfair that she had to spend a few years of her career just to prove to people she's been legit since day 1 but hopefully now she's in a space where she feels confident again to pull off an ambitious project

like this is the lady gaga, the original queen of twitter and youtube and fashion and visuals of late 2000s. i've always loved gaga and i love Joanne but even i can admit Joanne is very clearly a safe move, i don't think she was feeling to confident about jumping right back into it with something on the scale of Lemonade :shrug: but that's just me trying to defend Joanne

i'm very hungry and eagerly waiting for her to attempt something daring again instead of more "woe is me, look at me, i can sing"

Let me preface this by saying that I like both ARTPOP and Joanne and bought them and supported her and find positive things about both etc etc but this is just one angle of my perception of both of these albums:

I guess ARTPOP was kind of meant to be on the level of S/T and Lemonade but honestly not only was the material not nearly as good but the visual aesthetic wasn't as high end either. Theres a certain refinement in production/visuals/concept that Gaga hasn't had in a very long time and I just wonder where it went and why? Like even though ARTPOP started off with dope looking promotion honestly her creative concepts just were like too corny for me and that kind of corniness spilled into Joanne somewhat as well although on a less gaudy level. Even aspects of BTW were a little too corny tween pandering for me as much as I do love it. I think refinement is the ultimate adjective im hoping for her in next album/era.

ryanripley
8 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Let me preface this by saying that I like both ARTPOP and Joanne and bought them and supported her and find positive things about both etc etc but this is just one angle of my perception of both of these albums:

I guess ARTPOP was kind of meant to be on the level of S/T and Lemonade but honestly not only was the material not nearly as good but the visual aesthetic wasn't as high end either. Theres a certain refinement in production/visuals/concept that Gaga hasn't had in a very long time and I just wonder where it went and why? Like even though ARTPOP started off with dope looking promotion honestly her creative concepts just were like too corny for me and that kind of corniness spilled into Joanne somewhat as well although on a less gaudy level. Even aspects of BTW were a little too corny tween pandering for me as much as I do love it. I think refinement is the ultimate adjective im hoping for her in next album/era.

i can agree with that tbh

one excuse i can think of is her label/management made her dumb down a lot of stuff because they thought it wouldn't go down well or was too "complicated" to understand or whatever and i say this because of the fact they made her change her VMA concept cus the VMA's wanted to favour miley but that's just me trying to find excuses :shrug: 

when i watched Lemonade, all i could think is that gaga really should be on that level of detail and spectacle considering how much money she makes and used to pour into her projects. she should just take the back seat and focus on the music and let new talent collaborate with her in order to create something great, all she has to do is connect the dots between the visuals and music and approve the final ideas :shrug: but i also don't know how the industry works but she does claim she is the boss lol

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Inferno
18 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i can agree with that tbh

one excuse i can think of is her label/management made her dumb down a lot of stuff because they thought it wouldn't go down well or was too "complicated" to understand or whatever and i say this because of the fact they made her change her VMA concept cus the VMA's wanted to favour miley but that's just me trying to find excuses :shrug: 

when i watched Lemonade, all i could think is that gaga really should be on that level of detail and spectacle considering how much money she makes and used to pour into her projects. she should just take the back seat and focus on the music and let new talent collaborate with her in order to create something great, all she has to do is connect the dots between the visuals and music and approve the final ideas :shrug: but i also don't know how the industry works but she does claim she is the boss lol

Yeah its like I have these ideas of how she should be but at the same time I have literally zero knowledge of how their business works and for all we know she wanted to do a visual album but its all politics and the label just doesnt back her like they used to so she has to forfeit ideas for other things. But thats still not enough of an excuse to me because I think shes cooler than both ARTPOP and Joanne so even if she had to scale down either project like she still couldve come up with better concepts. Again its not that I dont like or enjoy them because I genuinely do, but I think she could do way better than both though. If that makes sense.

I just dont get her creative choices sometimes I guess. I cant tell if sometimes she just wants to be a contrarian. Its not like in saying this im trying to back her into a corner and say "make another fame monster!" but theres just a certain level of creative refinement that im like pining for. I don't care if it takes her to number one or not I just want it to be next level.

Archived