Sign in to follow this  
celeb

Janelle Monáe Comes Out As Pansexual!

Featured Posts

Blue Madonna   Paws Up 1,547
Blue Madonna

In a Rolling Stone interview!! She first identified bisexuality but went on to clarify that she is indeed pansexual. I’m so proud of her!!!! Gay legend #9754478 :chica::chica::chica:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/cover-story-janelle-monae-prince-new-lp-her-sexuality-w519523

Edited by Blue Madonna
  • Like 5
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 3
Proud member of Fall Out Boy's cult following

Possibly Maybe   Paws Up 4,713
Possibly Maybe

No shade but what’s the difference :lana:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
"Remembering is good if you don't let it be the fear in you" - Erykah Badu, "...& On"

GaGaSwift   Paws Up 2,875
GaGaSwift

easy breezy beautiful pansexual girl. 

Much love to her :hug: 

• Like 1
Snow White is my main

Quasi   Paws Up 7,885
Quasi
15 minutes ago, Possibly Maybe said:

Bisexual means you're sexually attracted to both the male and female sex exclusively. Pansexual means you are attracted to all sexes and genders across the spectrum, not necessarily only male and female.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Wigless   Paws Up 6,740
Wigless

I love. I love her. I love this. Queen of Pansexuality tbh. Y'all her album comes out Friday it's too good

• YAAAS 1

YaaaasGaga   Paws Up 3,033
YaaaasGaga
38 minutes ago, Epione said:

Former bisexual is shaking. :excited2:

Jessie J is here to fight

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • LMAO 6

Acsnpdx8   Paws Up 1,850
Acsnpdx8
28 minutes ago, Quasi said:

Bisexual means you're sexually attracted to both the male and female sex exclusively. Pansexual means you are attracted to all sexes and genders across the spectrum, not necessarily only male and female.

:huh:

• Like 1

Luxe Ford   Paws Up 2,335
Luxe Ford

Why can't celebrities come out as something more exotic like autochorissexual, fictosexual or anegosexual?

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 1
I don't try to be someone I'm not. I am someone I try not to be.

SKANK   Paws Up 6,272
SKANK

Isn't it funny that heterosexual artists frequently pretend to be queer in order to seem interesting, while gay artists frequently pretend their sexuality is more fluid then it is to avoid the stigma of being a "gay artist." I think it's safe to say Janelle falls into the latter category.

Ironically I think her art spoke more powerfully to the queer experience when she was closeted then it does now. But, that might change with time.

Derpplause   Paws Up 26,359
Derpplause
16 minutes ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

:huh:

including trans people, non-binary people, etc, etc :gaycat:

Supersonic   Paws Up 29,466
Supersonic
1 hour ago, Possibly Maybe said:

I identify as both, to me they are interchangable. But for a lot of people "bisexuality" is heavily associated with archetypical gender roles and a cis-normative dichotomy, which excludes trans- and non-binary people. It pretty much came up from times where trans people were generally not seen as "real men" or "real women", and it was like an early attempt to express "I love hearts, not parts."

However, in more recent times pansexuality has come a bit under fire, with some arguing now that trans people are more "accepted" in society, the term might be redundant.

• Like 1
Majestic, the future is electric.

Possibly Maybe   Paws Up 4,713
Possibly Maybe
5 hours ago, Quasi said:

As a bisexual myself, I find it insulting to say I couldn’t have an attraction to a transgender or genderfluid person, it’s as if I’m discrediting their gender exists by claiming I’m “exclusively” attracted to males and females. 

• Like 1
"Remembering is good if you don't let it be the fear in you" - Erykah Badu, "...& On"

Quasi   Paws Up 7,885
Quasi
16 minutes ago, Possibly Maybe said:

As a bisexual myself, I find it insulting to say I couldn’t have an attraction to a transgender or genderfluid person, it’s as if I’m discrediting their gender exists by claiming I’m “exclusively” attracted to males and females. 

That's just the textbook definition. You're free to be your own person if you don't want that label to define you. 

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.