💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

ASIB W Magazine Article: Oscar Buzz!

sethrb101

Featured Posts

sethrb101

I didn’t see a thread for this article anywhere, so please discuss! The hype is uncontrollable at this point :giveup:

“CinemaCon premiered the first trailer for Bradley Cooper's directorial debut, a remake of A Star Is Born, in Las Vegas, and critics are raving about the sneak peek and touting Lady Gaga's performance in the film as "powerful."

A Star Is Born's first trailer (which, unfortunately, hasn't been released to the public yet) is, according to some critics, so good it will "shock" you with how passionate the story is. Cooper called Lady Gaga "a revelation" in her role as Ally, and even some of the skeptics admitted that hearing her voice in the trailer gave them chills. Although Warner Bros. pushed the release date of the film from May to October, the critical reception of the first look indicated that A Star Is Borncould be an awards contender—just like the three prior versions of the film, all of which received Academy Awards nominations, in 1938, 1955, and 1977. Its stars could have some future nominations on their hands as well, for Oscars and Grammys alike.”

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/a-star-is-born-trailer-cinemacon-lady-gaga-bradley-cooper

#Gaga2020

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley

i don't understand how this happened

in under 24 hours we've gone from feeling "well at least there's a soundtrack" to "she's winning an oscar, we're gunna be bald, it's 2010 again" :duck: the complete other end of the spectrum :giveup: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

MaryJaneHolland

I mean, all these people can't be lying, right? The movie must be really good :selena:

weed

All y’all thinking she was gonna be getting razzies:laughga::nails:

im so pumped lol seeing my fave star in a well made, funded, produced movie :wub:

Jinzo

Has there ever been a case of a trailer getting praise left and right but the movie completely  panned :selena:

Aga Gydal

^ yeah it’s happened countless times. There’s always a chance a film just doesn’t hold up, usually pacing issues or not sticking the landing in the final third. Either way, the early praise for the trailer is of course a great sign, and I went from being scared of this movie to full unadulterated HYPE. 

That J

Ive said all along to not be afraid, that this will be great and nobody listened. :ladyhaha:

Honestly, im so excited. A new era has begun! 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Miracle

These are just trailer critiques but people who've gone to screenings, famous actoes and directors and Warner executives are VERY enthusiastix about this movie. Whether if she's going to pull out a Cher in Moonstruck or Madonna in **** Tracy I don't know but it looks like her performance is not going to be on the Jennifer Lopez / Britney cringe level

PsychicGuru
16 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I mean, all these people can't be lying, right? The movie must be really good :selena:

I just hope it lives up to these expectations...

Gaga's #1 fan

corvus albus
10 minutes ago, Decidueye said:

Has there ever been a case of a trailer getting praise left and right but the movie completely  panned :selena:

Suicide Squad , Batman v Superman ...

Miracle
Just now, corvus albus said:

Suicide Squad , Batman v Superman ...

Well, those were superhero movies that can easily be edited to stand out because of their CGI

Supersonic
20 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i don't understand how this happened

in under 24 hours we've gone from feeling "well at least there's a soundtrack" to "she's winning an oscar, we're gunna be bald, it's 2010 again" :duck: the complete other end of the spectrum :giveup: 

Because gay people are fickle, easily exciteable, sheep and dumb

Archived