DonnieDarko
40 minutes ago, iWontBeTonight said:

Inb4 the trailer doesn’t come out until July or something 

It is possible tbh

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yo GagaGaga

Here's a video of someone who saw the trailer (it starts at 2:05)

He said it has potential for breaking records/oscar wins but its way too soon to tell. He also says Gaga is "selling it" character wise

freebit

I still can't believe its getting hyped like this. I was definitely not expecting it. :giveup: I know its just a trailer, but I expected these film journalists to kind of turn their noses up at the mere idea of it. 

Inferno
Just now, freebit said:

I still can't believe its getting hyped like this. I was definitely not expecting it. :giveup: I know its just a trailer, but I expected these film journalists to kind of turn their noses up at the mere idea of it. 

Literally same. I had zero hype or expectation for it myself and was anticipating some lame basic romantic drama that could be cringeworthy but after hearing all these critics hype it im starting to become interested.

freebit
1 minute ago, Inferno said:

Literally same. I had zero hype or expectation for it myself and was anticipating some lame basic romantic drama that could be cringeworthy but after hearing all these critics hype it im starting to become interested.

IKR? It's so unexpected. I was actually expecting a middling Crossroads or Burlesque, possibly even Glitter-type of reception. Even the bitchy people on AwardsDaily that have been to screenings are saying it's good and that Gaga is fine in it. :diane: Even if it turns out to not be my thing, if it gets a few award considerations and is actually taken a bit seriously, I'll be thrilled for her.

Inferno
1 minute ago, freebit said:

IKR? It's so unexpected. I was actually expecting a middling Crossroads or Burlesque, possibly even Glitter-type of reception. Even the bitchy people on AwardsDaily that have been to screenings are saying it's good and that Gaga is fine in it. :diane: Even if it turns out to not be my thing, if it gets a few award considerations and is actually taken a bit seriously, I'll be thrilled for her.

Same. Was almost certain she was going to be dragged. I mean time will tell though but this hype is promising.

scallywally

Everybody gets excited by a new trailer, especially at these events being kin of exclusive. Look at star wars ep 1 and the new Texas Chainsaw movies the list goes on and on they say its the movie of the universe, some open big but get slagged off after. Burlesque (although it wasnt bad) was called an 'extravaganza' from the trailer. I'm not interested in overly excited people, I just hope its great so I dont overhype myself and cant wait to see the trailer. I wish it was out sooner! I want to go in with an open mind. Sometimes the higher the hype the lower the fall. 

(And I'm not being negative) I'm excited, just dont want to expect to be blown away, I want to be blown away as a surprise! :yay:

Diamond Shart

Bit surprised about the really positive reactions as it had flop written all over it. It'll be interesting to see Gaga in an understated role to see whether she can do nuance and subtlety. 

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, Diamond Shart said:

Bit surprised about the really positive reactions as it had flop written all over it. It'll be interesting to see Gaga in an understated role to see whether she can do nuance and subtlety. 

The only thing flopping is this opinion of yours before you even see it.

giphy.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Diamond Shart
4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

The only thing flopping is this opinion of yours before you even see it.

giphy.gif

First-time director.

Pop star turned actress.

Third remake of a classic musical.

Country music themed.

All those things have flop written all over it. I wasn't judging it before seeing it, I was just making an initial assumption about the critical reaction. I'm glad that I was wrong, so...

200w.webp

Edible Cloud
Spoiler

In the trailer, we start off with Bradley’s Jackson Maine taking the stage at a massive outdoor musical festival. Then he starts to sing and his voice is incredible. It’s soulful, strong and very impressive. A few moments later in the trailer Jackson watches Lady Gaga’s Ally performing at a club, and he’s immediately taken with her. Their chemistry is palpable, which is evident in a scene where we watch them discussing why Gaga’s Ally won’t sing her own music live. When Jackson tells Ally he thinks she’s beautiful, you can practically feel the ground shake. It’s the beginning of an unbreakable bond, and the trailer shows glimpses of their relationship as it progresses. Jackson and Ally walking backstage, Jackson and Ally laying on a stage writing music together, etc. etc. Then the moment everyone is waiting for: Jackson drags Ally on stage to sing with him during a live performance. She’s hesitant, too hesitant, and he begs her to trust him — so she does. That’s when Gaga’s familiar voice penetrates through the screen and you see what Jackson does: the talent that’s been hiding inside of Ally finally breaking free.

So, now i understand the playback during "Heal Me".

Archived