politics

Germany introduces seal for fairtrade textiles in 2019

Featured Posts

corvus albus   Paws Up 2,512
corvus albus

The "Green Button" is a symbol for clothes and textiles that are produced under fair and human conditions. The head of the Ministry of Development guarentee's that only manufacturers that are verrified and belong to the Partnership for Sustainable Textiles [https://www.textilbuendnis.com/en/] will receive the "Green Button". The head of the Ministry of Development also announced to talk to the other EU members to think about similar actions. This will be the first of it's kind worldwide!

For the people who can actually read german: https://www.zeit.de/wirtschaft/2018-04/faire-mode-gerd-mueller-textilsiegel-2019

Edited by corvus albus
  • Like 5

Magneto   Paws Up 6,467
Magneto

I ran here thinking there was a scam involving seal fur:toofunny:

• LMAO 1
Free my mind

corvus albus   Paws Up 2,512
corvus albus
6 minutes ago, Magneto said:

I ran here thinking there was a scam involving seal fur:toofunny:

That's the problem of the english language. Maybe i should've choosen another equivalent word but i didn't know one :laughga:

Economy   Paws Up 7,863
Economy
On 24/04/2018 at 7:55 AM, Mr Mirko said:

Good news.

Fair pay and fair worker condition labels are not new. If I'm not mistaken there's was one with a lot of hype when it came out years ago for coffee (or maybe it was another agricultural produce I don't remember tbh)

Those products rarely thrive tho because most consumers are not willing to pay the higher cost

Its like the people that oppose fossil fuel projects but then complain when gas prices go up and don't buy and electric car because they say it's still too expensive

There's a lot of good initiatives out there but they have a cost. Problem is people love positive change as long as they aren't the ones who have to pay the cost for it and that's a problem

Edited by Economy
jesse_batista