Sign in to follow this  
society

Van hits pedestrians in Toronto, 9 dead

Featured Posts

LaLuna   Paws Up 5,711
LaLuna

A suspect was arrested beside the van on Poyntz Avenue off of Yonge, just south of Sheppard Avenue West. The van, which has extensive damage to its front end, is marked as belonging to the rental company Ryder.

Sunnybrook Hospital issued a statement saying that it’s trauma centre had received seven patients after “an incident involving a van striking a number of pedestrians.”

A representative of the hospital later told CP24 that they were aware of eight patients, including one who died and several who were in critical condition.

Asked whether this was a terrorist act, Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne told reporters in Toronto: “We have no information on that at this point.”

Witness Ali Shaker, who was driving southbound at the time, says the van was travelling at high speed on the sidewalk. The van was also southbound.

“He started going down on the sidewalk and crumbling down people one by one,” Shaker told CTV News Channel on Monday afternoon.

Shaker said he saw the vehicle strike someone with a stroller.

“He just destroyed so many people’s lives,” he said. “Every single thing that got in his way.”

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/at-least-1-dead-after-van-strikes-people-on-toronto-sidewalk-suspect-arrested-1.3898118

EDIT: The death toll has been updated to 9. 16 were injured.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/pedestrians-struck-white-van-1.4631564

Edited by LaLuna
  • Sad 5

djBuffoon   Paws Up 8,839
djBuffoon

Horrifying. I work tirelessly to not let fear run my life, but it's hard to shake the truth that this could happen at any moment. I hope the driver rots in hell.

• Sad 2

Edonis   Paws Up 18,587
Edonis

Scary and sad stuff. My boyfriend was in the area running errands and I can't even imagine what would've happened if he were walking between buildings. I hope all those that lost their lives can rest peacefully, and the guy responsible get what he deserves.

• Like 1

Teal Ambition   Paws Up 11,679
Teal Ambition

I dont think that article has been updated in awhile, the death toll is up to 9 now

• Sad 4
maybe we can see the world together

ChrisC   Paws Up 1,335
ChrisC

That's horrible. I was in that area this morning visiting a friend. Hope justice is served.

JustinTrudeau   Paws Up 1,635
JustinTrudeau

This is bullshit. No one deserves to die this way.

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

Qualle1   Paws Up 1,385
Qualle1

German media just reported, that at least nine people were killed...

My deepest sympathy with all the victims and their loved ones...

:ohno:

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

PunkTheFunk   Paws Up 63,720
PunkTheFunk

My heart breaks for the victims and their families :( I've been down that stretch of road many times, it makes me sick.

MonsterGaga5555   Paws Up 4,567
MonsterGaga5555

I can't believe it... :( 

Nobody deserves to die like this.