Your 1(!) all time favourite album

tomsches

Featured Posts

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GlitterAndGrease

In The Zone - Britney Spears

It's the album that gave us some of Britney's best songs (and their performances over the years)

PartySick
15 hours ago, xoxo Human said:

ARTPOP by miss Lady Gaga :hor:

Ditto :sis:

Following it up as a close second would be Michael's Dangerous :nick:

🖤

zakariah

I'm probably gonna get stoned for my choice but...

1989 (Deluxe) by Taylor Swift is my favorite album of all time.

71QFztKjn0L._SY355_.jpg

I would say, for the most part, I loved this album even more only because of the experience I had throughout the era. From the moment Taylor teased Shake It Off, to the day she dropped the 1989 World Tour DVD. This was the first full era I've ever experienced, and Taylor gave me everything I hoped for and more in a Pop era: Catchy Pop bops, amazing visuals, unecessary drama & killer chart performance.

Every time I re-visit this album i'm instantly transported back to 15 year old me, drawing a 1989-themed countdown on my whiteboard, counting down the days till the album release.

With that said, I don't think Taylor could ever top this era, even if she tried. 

Luxe Ford

The one album responsible for literally blowing up my mind into for me hitherto unprecedented intellectual and cognitive heights* was Düsseldorf synth pop quartet Propaganda and their debut album "A Secret Wish". It was released on svengali producer Trevor Horn and music Journalist Paul Morley's artsy new record label Zang Tuum Tumb (ZTT). 

A Secret Wish is an album you can listen to dozens and doxens of times and still discover details you never heard before. The 48 channel studio was quite over the top back in 1985 when the album was released. 

The whole project was extremely pretentious wlth Motley writing lofty quotes for the record sleeve, with black & white photos by Anton Corbijn before Bono and Miles Davies apptopriated him.

One stand out track is the opening epic orchestration of Edgar Allan Poe's poem Dream Within a Dream, with Susanne Freitag teciting the text in her soothing teutonic accent. The track builds up slowly from a single oboe until Michael Mertens percussion sets in, building up to a climax, then subsiding, leaving you wondering if life really is but a dream within a dream.

Its not pop or synth or anything like that. It *could* be classified as synphonic electronic rock. Just to keep the theme pretentious.

I was thirteen when I first heard the album and to me it was an introduction to art, philosophy and bigger emotions than I had ever experienced before.

There was this quote on the inner sleeve by some philosopher: 

"Without love, beauty and danger it would almost be easy to live!"

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

AphroditeLaydee

A couple of years ago I would have said ARTPOP in a heartbeat. But since then I've had some experiences and discovered some new ways to relate to pieces of music -- it's funny how life happens.

1200x630bb.jpg

R-2915929-1313843739.jpeg.jpg

My number one all time favorite album is honestly a tie between these two: albums that I completely adore in my heart and come back to every now and then.

Spoiler

But when it comes to two albums that aren't really my favorites but truly affected me the most emotionally, it's these two.

lady-gaga-artpop-hq-cover.jpg

Florence.jpg

SWhaaaat

It's a choice between Carly Rae Jepsen Emotion + side B and The Fame Monster and Born This Way

Pop Music

Easily ARTPOP

I went through a very hard time when it was released. I was in 7th grade and had been waiting so long for it and remember going out to target and buying the album. I almost screamed when I saw it was the foil edition. I have an emotional connection to each song and It just speaks to me whole heartedly 

(A close second would be red by taylor for different reasons) 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Joao Aurelio

I have no clue whats my favourite album... damn

I think debut - bjork

Or ivo pogorelic plays scarlatti sonatas

But.. omg no idea really. 

Def songs in the key of life would be enough genius for me to be satisfied if on that one album for all eternity. That one alone. 

Norma with maria callas. Oh yeah thats the answer lol. Any recording would do

Archived