Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Your 1(!) all time favourite album

tomsches

Featured Posts

tomsches

We see a lot of threads in which we discuss our top 3 or top 5 favourite albums. However, what is your absolute #1 best album. If you could choose ONLY ONE album, which one would it be? And WHY?

Remember ONLY 1 answer is allowed.

Mine would definitely be Kate Bush's Aerial (2004). Especially the second half of the album, which musically describes one summer day. From being woken up by birdsong in the morning, from walking through a park, dancing during sunset, bathing in the sea on a hot summer night, to celebrating the sunrise... the album tells a full story. Additionally, it features real birdsong throughout the album, which creates a very summery atmosphere. There's even a duet with Kate Bush and a real bird. Whenever I listen to the album, I feel like I'm in another world. I have to force myself to listen to it only in the summer time. So whenever I listen to it for the first time each year, when the temperatures start to rise, this album does things to me that no other album does. So if you'd ask me for my 1 favourite album, it would definitely be Aerial by Kate Bush.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jade Welling

Omg! You know Kate Bush! My absolute favourite album of all time is hounds of love. Especially the ninth wave. I love all her work though :wub:

Illuminati

Ultraviolence, although it's really hard to just pick one. It had an impact on my life at the time and I think that's the best thing music can bring you. 

tomsches
Just now, Jade Welling said:

Omg! You know Kate Bush! My absolute favourite album of all time is hounds of love. Especially the ninth wave. I love all her work though :wub:

Sure! She's one of my biggest inspirations. I am thinking about getting the oscillogram on the cover of Aerial as a tattoo

RAMROD

Bitch! Just one?!!

Hmmmmm :oprah:

I'd choose The Prodigy - The Fat Of The Land

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Jade Welling
3 minutes ago, tomsches said:

Sure! She's one of my biggest inspirations. I am thinking about getting the oscillogram on the cover of Aerial as a tattoo

That sounds amazing! I normally wince at the idea of getting tattoos of singers and things like that. Just isn't me. But Kate Bush is different. I don't even know how to describe her and her music. Her music is just the most beautiful form  of storytelling. I have considered getting a quote from the ninth wave tattooed. The German she speaks in hello earth 

DelusionalGaga

Melodrama by Lorde. I didn't even experience half of the things she's singing about but there's just something so unique about that album that makes me feel excited to be young and alive. 

tomsches
2 minutes ago, Jade Welling said:

That sounds amazing! I normally wince at the idea of getting tattoos of singers and things like that. Just isn't me. But Kate Bush is different. I don't even know how to describe her and her music. Her music is just the most beautiful form  of storytelling. I have considered getting a quote from the ninth wave tattooed. The German she speaks in hello earth 

Tiefer, tiefer

irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht.

German is my native language and I was SHOOK when I first listened to Hello Earth, because I thought some kind of ghost was speaking to me :sweat:

Archived