Is Interscope Losing Out?

Green Detox

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
migamiga
1 hour ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

And even if Interscope decided, they didn't decide it over her head and choosing Applause over Venus/Aura as the first single makes sense and seems rather rational. Same with Perfect Illusion instead of A-Yo as the lead. (In my opinion: If anything, the promotion was the failure of Joanne's lead, A-Yo would have done around the same with whatever they tried to do with PI.)

The Venus/DWUW and A-Yo/MR situations were no-brainers, too. In both cases, they weighted in critical acclaim & public response and went with the leading horse.

So I will never get why people blame ''Interscope's poor choice of singles'.

I feel like fans love creating their own theories and get so wrapped up in them and forget that there are no facts to back it up. I don't get how everyone complains about gaga having too many yes-men around her yet say her label doesn't let her do anything like :oprah:

tomdsgn
6 hours ago, corvus albus said:

They also have:

Dr. Dre

2pac

+44

Nicole Scherzinger

Lana Del Rey

Gwen Stefani

G Unit

Mos Def

JoJo

Will Smith

Jurassic 5

OneRepublic

Scars on Broadway

Eminem

Schoolboy Q

Enrique Iglesias

The Black Eyed Peas

50 Cent

Pharrell Williams

Tokio Hotel

Pia Mia

Soulja Boy

Sheryl Crow

Rise Against

Zedd

Carly Rae Jepsen

Selena Gomez

Maroon 5

Imagine Dragons

Skylar Grey

Yelawolf

Tory Lanez

There are still megastars signed with Interscope. Don't worry Gaga and her team know when to switch the label.

Wait, Jojo is at Interscope? What the **** are they doing, letting the world sleep on Mad Love?! :selena:

Green Detox
3 hours ago, F AM E said:

Look, interscope gives gaga full creative control. That means her and her team make the decision. For AP, i would say those choices were influenced by Troy and for joanne, Bobby. But interscope doesn’t choose singles for gaga. They support whatever direction she chooses. She may have artistically wanted to release aura, Venus, and a-yo but she also has her team in her ears. All I’m trying to say is interscope has not hindered her career at all. 

Wasn't she unhappy about Applause so she leaked Aura here

zakariah

They straight up gave her a fking horse, so I don't think they're gonna change labels anytime soon :toofunny: 

Archived