💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is No Tears the biggest comeback in the pop world since BTW?

Catnikko

Featured Posts

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alvaro Moreno Ullrich
1 hour ago, Robot said:

Adele’s Hello was HUGE and arguably much bigger than BTW

But 25 is boring af sorry

Tresor

Absolutely not. This song is good but does not carry the weight of socially relevant subject matter like Born This Way nor does it represent a long awaited, triumphant return of an artist like Adele's Hello. 

TropicOfCANCER

I like the new song, but it doesn't feel like a huge deal (yet). The song is sonically reminiscent of "break free."

Also, i think the first week sales are projected to be 70k, so I dont know if this is gonna be ariana's big pop era. I'm always rooting for her, though!

Zaskar
24 minutes ago, Alvaro Moreno Ullrich said:

But 25 is boring af sorry

RIP taste 

Damon

not in terms of success but the best comeback EVER was Praying by Kesha, and that is a fact written on the gay bible

... and now i just sit in silence.

1 hour ago, Unbeweavable said:

"Since Born This Way" :selena:

Yeah I was bringing up past people because I’m trying to make u realize how important grandiose language is. Besides both Hello (in terms of sales and impact) and Formation (in terms of cultural relevance) both were and are bigger culturally

PartySick
4 hours ago, River said:

Ariana of NT? I don't know if most of the GP knows this song exist yet..

I have yet to hear it and I listen to pop radio anywhere from 8 to 13 hours a day :emma:

Idk, Ariana just doesn't seem that big to me. I think of three main things when I hear her name - donuts, "d*ck bicycle", and the attack. For the longest time I've just lumped her in with the likes of...idk, Miranda Cosgrove, Drake Bell, Selena Gomez, Big Time Rush, etc. Those "from kid shows to the music industry" people that I really never pay any attention to at all 'cause they don't interest me as artists...so I guess I'm at least a bit biased :poot:

Spoiler

In fact, Miley's the only one that's been able to break free from that view I have and it took her releasing Dead Petz to do it...so call me when Ariana can put out something as good as Dead Petz or ARTPOP 'cause I'll stan :lolly:

I see them from a celebrity stance. I had sympathy for Selena with her Lupus and kidney transplant, I sent love to Ari and her fans after her concert was bombed, and I lowkey hated Drake Bell for trying to beef with others (I think he said something about Gaga too but I have a hard time remembering such irrelevance :triggered:) but musically, I'll take a hard pass on all of them. Their music is what I've come to know as "generic pop music" which is great for those that like bops and such but it's not my cup of whiskey tea :shrug:

Also her voice irritates me :triggered: if you can perform a whistle note, odds are I am not a fan of yours :triggered:

OT: "Come back"? Did she leave or? :poot:

Spoiler

I didn't mean for this to become a hate post omg :poot:

Live on, Arinators :poot: I'm picky and not easily pleased :poot:

🖤

PunkTheFunk

Nope, not even close

And there have been many big comebacks in the pop world since BTW

Archived