đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is No Tears the biggest comeback in the pop world since BTW?

Catnikko

Featured Posts

Catnikko

This is not to start any stan wars btw

No tears (i think) is pretty much Ari's 'Born this way' in the way of it being the huuge comeback with a semi-new sound after having a major previous album cycle and basically being on top of the 'pop girl' universe (it's kind of undeniable & im not even a Ari stan)

Is this Ari's 'Born this Way'? It'll be interesting to see if her album cycle leads a similar path :oprah: Colour me intrigued 

fun fact: I disliked Born this way at first the same way i did with this song and the more i listen the more I'm totally into it :poot: Consider me bandwagon-ed 

Actual patient

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WeSmokinEmAll

Idk about that in my opinion but seems like an interesting discussion nonetheless

Lextyr97

Capital N.O. The song isn't that great and isn't a departure from her usual sound. At least in my opinion. It also isn't a movement and I haven't seen it make any single impact yet

Edit: And I say yet because Born This Way had impact legit the second it was released.

River

Ariana is not yet at the level of BTW-Gaga, when Gaga released BTW it was a music changing moment, everyone talked about it, everyone listened to it, it was a big moment.

Ariana of NT? I don't know if most of the GP knows this song exist yet..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Florian

I don't see it at all :emma: 

I love the song and listen to it on repeat but that's just a good song, nothing sonically new or with a big message :sweat: 

I mean, BTW is untoppable (I can't relate :trollga:) but NTLTC is probably Ariana's best first single out of all of her albums. You know what I mean? Very solid in sound and visuals. She is definitely a pop princess, but she isn't a visionary QUEEN like Gaga is, and her albums have never been as cohesive as BTW was. Like, she never has solid themes. Born This Way the song and album were BRAND new sounds, something Gaga (or anyone) at the time never really dipped their toes into. NTLTC is new sounding, but still sounds Like Ariana, crafted for the radio. Idk ughhhh all i know is im rooting for ha!

omg why is princess is princess high my new nickname

Chamaquito

I don’t think is at the level of BTW. But I have faith in my little cousin Ariana. She and Lorde are the only pop girls I truly enjoy from this era.

I’m actually nice.

Nope. Born This Way was literally everywhere.

anybody knows you can conjure anything by the dark of the moon

TheRoof

imo Adele has the biggest comeback since gaga (and it was bigger) :shrug:

and about Ariana's new era  , it's too soon to tell about impact of even the concept that she will have in her new album 

the song only came out in friday :sweat:. let's wait and see 

rumours

Female singers have been doing this for decades.

Moreover, this concept/scenario certainly didn't start with Born this Way either.

If you are limiting the timespan since after Born This Way (for whatever reason), many have done so. Hello by Adele and Roar by Katy Perry are two clear examples

Pacify Him

Well then I’m glad pop is already over :applause: 

I’m getting on your nerves

sipthistea

giphy.gif

But NTLTC is not a change of sound, it's the same generic instrumental Max Martin produces. 

ryanripley

i love the song but Hello did that first

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Archived