Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Shania Clarifies Trump Quote With Tweets

Pop Music

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

migamiga

“I don’t endorse him” you literally said you would vote for him if you could :saladga:

Bebe

Read this without the context of her original comments and was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, but after reading the statement she made I can't.

It's one thing to say something like: "Trump speaks like he isn't a politician, he says how he feels, he comes across as a 'straight shooter' to people and that's appealing because people generally feel like politicians are lying about how they really feel and where they truly stand on certain issues"

That's not an endorsement, it's an explanation of his anti-establishment appeal. I hate Trump and I could understand that sentiment. Shania said she would have voted for Trump though... Which is an endorsement of him and what he stands for even if she is now acting like it's not.

In that statement she essentially stated that despite his racism, xenophobia, bigotry, divisiveness and stupidity and despite the harm he would do for people of colour, women and the LGBT community she would have voted for him. You're clearly not "passionately against discrimination of any kind" if you would vote for a person who is so discriminatory. 

Shania said, in that one small quote, that she would have voted for Trump, gave reasoning for why she would have voted for him, restated that she would have voted for "a feeling that it was transparent" (that she believes Trump represents) and then once again provided reasoning for why she would have voted in that way. That's not a mistake, that's not unclear, this backtrack is BS.

Archived