other

Shania Twain Supports D. Trump

Hades

Featured Posts

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cloudbusting

cancelling other people beacuse they think differently them you makes you the problem! Im sorry... she can think what she wants and I dont have to agree with her

Eighteen

the problem is he isn't honest. he's been caught in many lies. there is proof. it's been published, it's out there, she doesn't know what she's talking about

hoebitch11
30 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

she has a lot of gay fans and just appeared on RuPaul's Drag Race and has just said she would support somebody who's anti-LGBT (who promised he would protect LGBT people and then banned trans people from the military by the way) so i think people here have a valid reason to be upset

appearing on an LGBT show and then having the nerve she'd say she would vote for trump isn't really that thoughtful lol

She is so obviously pro-LGBT. Just because some people are incapable of organizing information intelligently doesn't mean she should communicate like she's a binary computer.

These are visual words, without her facial expressions, hand mannerisms or vocal tonality.

Heck, I could have voted for Donald Trump if I was going based off of knowing only some things about him back then. Anybody could have. I'm not making an argument for her being smart or well-informed, nobody is. I'm just letting y'all know that you're...

:awkney:

imnotyourbabe10

This is a bizarre time to be alive when it comes to the proliferation of celebrity and political. (I'm sure it's not the first time but given the technology, it's so "in your face," and a bit much). 

tumblr_p2182mSVoH1qk7scno1_250.gif

hoebitch11

As well, there is a difference between honestly and fact. Donald Trump's honesty is currently his downfall, if you are too honest, they will catch you, even as you lie.

Factually 1 + 1 = 2. Unless you are combining one thing with another thing in which the result is not 2.

While his opinions are often unclear because he is a sporadic mess, and his views may be every-changing. While he may speak information which is not factual, he is not withholding much, which is a form of honesty.

Haroon

She's entitled to her opinion and her vote :shrug: However her reasoning I'm not really on board with :emma: Some very bad people can be honest, does that mean they should be voted for just because they're honest? A murderer can be honest but that doesn't mean I'd vote for them to be in a power of position just because of their honesty :rip: I know that's an extreme example and not a direct comparison but I hope my point gets through that and makes sense :sweat:

ryanripley
7 minutes ago, hoebitch11 said:

She is so obviously pro-LGBT. Just because some people are incapable of organizing information intelligently doesn't mean she should communicate like she's a binary computer.

These are visual words, without her facial expressions, hand mannerisms or vocal tonality.

Heck, I could have voted for Donald Trump if I was going based off of knowing only some things about him back then. Anybody could have. I'm not making an argument for her being smart or well-informed, nobody is. I'm just letting y'all know that you're...

:awkney:

if you're pro-LGBT you don't vote for the homophob, i-

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

yourfaves

The immense amount of privilege one must have to write off racism, xenophobia, and transphobia as a matter of opinion...

hoebitch11
9 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

if you're pro-LGBT you don't vote for the homophob, i-

Sometimes... you do.

Not everybody is fully informed. She's not a US citizen, she was not going to be voting. Why should she know everything about Donald Trump? She's speaking about his campaign, which was not appealing either way. But, she understands how people could find value in his honest expression.

The argument we're having: Is Shania Twain a homophobic evil person who should be cancelled because I am interpreting what she has said 100% accurately, or... is there room for context and greater understanding which might reconcile the fact that she is obviously a decent human being capable of growth and sensitivity yet showing some degree of support for people who voted for Trump, regardless of their reasoning?

... and we know the answer.

ryanripley
1 minute ago, hoebitch11 said:

Sometimes... you do.

Not everybody is fully informed. She's not a US citizen, she was not going to be voting. Why should she know everything about Donald Trump? She's speaking about his campaign, which was not appealing either way. But, she understands how people could find value in his honest expression.

The argument we're having: Is Shania Twain a homophobic evil person who should be cancelled because I am interpreting what she has said 100% accurately, or... is there room for context and greater understanding which might reconcile the fact that she is obviously a decent human being capable of growth and sensitivity yet showing some degree of support for people who voted for Trump, regardless of their reasoning?

... and we know the answer.

she should at least know enough to know what she said isn't even true

"i would have voted for trump because he's honest"

???? she clearly has no idea what she's even talking about so why did she bother

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Archived