💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Avicii breaks Spotify record in Sweden

Miley

Featured Posts

Miley

Top 50 most streamed songs today

1. Without You (feat. Sandro Cavazza) (500k streams)
2. Wake Me Up

3. Levels

4. Waiting For Love

5. Hey Brother

6. Lonely Together (feat Rita Ora)

7. The Nights

9. For A Better Day

10. Broken Arrows

11. You Be Love (feat. Billy Raffoul)

16. These Days

17. You Make Me

20. Addicted To You 

27. Silhouettes

28. I Could Be The One (Avicii vs. Nicky Romero)

30. Seek Bromance - Aivcii vocal EdIT

32. Gonna Love Ya 

37. Dear Boy

43. Lonely Together (Acoustic version feat Rita Ora)

50. What Would I Change It To (feat Aluna George)

Yesterday in Stockholm, Sweden the hometown of Avicii. People paying tribute and a moment of silence <3

DbUYHLUXcAY9h6w.jpg

Gagadonna

I'm so saddened by this tragedy. His music shaped my whole teenage. I danced so many nights on his songs when I was younger. A humble legend. 

Mikolaj

I never know what to make of a dead artist's popularity skyrocketing. It kinda smells hypocrisy - why now, not earlier? Will we appreciate his music only now that we won't get any new ever again?

I once watched the whole >1hr video showing him making Dancing In My Head. It was the very beginning of my attempts to create music of any sort. I will remember him like that - an inspiration to all the music makers who stuck in their bedrooms.

ArtGagaPop

It's so sad, especially since i'm also swedish and he was just a few years older then me. Felt much closer to me then any other musican deaths recently, talent gone way to soon :(

ArtGagaPop
5 minutes ago, ExMachina said:

I never know what to make of dead artist's popularity skyrocketing. It kinda smells hypocrisy - why now, not earlier? Will we appreciate his music only now that we won't get any new ever again?

I once watched the whole >1hr video showing him making Dancing In My Head. It was the very beginning of my attempts to create music of any sort. I will remember him like that - an inspiration to all the music makers who stuck in their bedrooms.

He has always been extremly popular here though, almost all these songs have been #1 or top 5. He was certainly much appreciated when he was still alive. 

Andreu

Without was the best song of last year.

Said it then, I'll say it now and forever

Jacksonotta
54 minutes ago, Miley said:

Top 50 most streamed songs today

1. Without You (feat. Sandro Cavazza) (500k streams)
2. Wake Me Up

3. Levels

4. Waiting For Love

5. Hey Brother

6. Lonely Together (feat Rita Ora)

7. The Nights

9. For A Better Day

10. Broken Arrows

11. You Be Love (feat. Billy Raffoul)

16. These Days

17. You Make Me

20. Addicted To You 

27. Silhouettes

28. I Could Be The One (Avicii vs. Nicky Romero)

30. Seek Bromance - Aivcii vocal EdIT

32. Gonna Love Ya 

37. Dear Boy

43. Lonely Together (Acoustic version feat Rita Ora)

50. What Would I Change It To (feat Aluna George)

Yesterday in Stockholm, Sweden the hometown of Avicii. People paying tribute and a moment of silence <3

DbUYHLUXcAY9h6w.jpg

I was there. So much love for him.

I'm obsessively opposed to the typical...

Monster7
32 minutes ago, ExMachina said:

I never know what to make of a dead artist's popularity skyrocketing. It kinda smells hypocrisy - why now, not earlier?

I think Wake me up was among the 5 best selling songs in many European countries in 2013/2014, and so was Hey brother in 2014. His streaming numbers were also huge

ArtGagaPop
3 hours ago, Monster7 said:

I think Wake me up was among the 5 best selling songs in many European countries in 2013/2014, and so was Hey brother in 2014. His streaming numbers were also huge

Wake me up was the most streamed song ever on spotfiy and held that record for almost 2 years. It charted #1 in almost every country it charted and #4 in the US. His music was really huge :giveup:

Mikolaj
14 minutes ago, Monster7 said:

47 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

He has always been extremly popular here though, almost all these songs have been #1 or top 5. He was certainly much appreciated when he was still alive. 

I know that, his songs topped the charts and they were great. I was rather pointing out what's happening right now, after his death - people go back to his songs... why exactly? I cannot wrap my head around it. They could listen to it anytime, but they do it now.

If he had released anything new this year, people would have probably hardly cared (as compared to True and Stories at least) because EDM is not exactly popular right now.

Bellatrix
5 minutes ago, ExMachina said:

I know that, his songs topped the charts and they were great. I was rather pointing out what's happening right now, after his death - people go back to his songs... why exactly? I cannot wrap my head around it. They could listen to it anytime, but they do it now.

If he had released anything new this year, people would have probably hardly cared (as compared to True and Stories at least) because EDM is not exactly popular right now.

It's not just Avicii tho. It happens to almost all artists when they die. MJ, Prince, Bowie and so on. 
Why? I don't know.

I don't remember who it was, but I believe someone said that the best thing you can do for your career is to die.

ArtGagaPop
12 minutes ago, ExMachina said:

because death is sadly the biggest promo. Every news site spamming their front page about the news, radios replaying someones song, everyone talking about. It's only natural alot of people go back and listen to someones music when they get so much attention.  

Mikolaj
Just now, ArtGagaPop said:

because death is sadly the biggest promo. Every news site spamming their front page about the news, radios replaying someones song, everyone talking about. It's only natural alot of people go back and listen to someones music when they get so much attention.  

I noticed, not for me though. I have a hard time each time I listen to the music of a late artist. I think there's some set of emotions that each of their songs was supposed to make me feel, but this gets overwhelmed by the sadness that they are no longer here to give us more. Only very recently I started getting into the discography of Michael Jackson, not only the most popular songs.

TheSlash

I'm not a fan of most of his music, tbh. But his talent was undeniable. It's a tragedy that he died at such a young age. That's something I don't even wish my greates enemies. And it must be the end of the world for his family, especially for his parents and his brother :( . I hope they won't fall apart on this pain.

1 hour ago, ExMachina said:

I never know what to make of a dead artist's popularity skyrocketing. It kinda smells hypocrisy - why now, not earlier? Will we appreciate his music only now that we won't get any new ever again?

I think it's a weird way to honor a late person in general. I noticed it with myself. As I said above, I never listened to his music as I did to the music of others. But since yesterday, I roam around Spotify every now and then to discover something from him I might have missed and possibly would've liked if I heard it earlier.

Ew, David!

Archived