Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Bradley Cooper talks about A Star is Born

Fame IV

Featured Posts

Fame IV

“It’s terrific and Bradley is excellent in it,” De Niro raved. “The movie is wonderful. I hope it gets the attention I feel it should when it opens.Bradley learned to sing. He is terrific. He really worked hard and it paid off. You see all the hard work he did, it’s special.”

Cooper shot the movie over 42 days after spending nearly three years in development. The film is set in the country-music world and stars Cooper in the lead role opposite Lady Gaga, who is making her film-acting debut. Both actors play country musicians whose romance complicates the highs and lows of their careers. Cooper said he decided to make “A Star Is Born” his directorial debut because the material called for it.

Cooper has been in the editing room for months in order to get the final cut just right. Warner Bros. originally set the film to open May 18, but the release date has been pushed back twice, first to September 28 and then to its current October 5 date. Cooper assured the audience the delays have been because he’s taking the time to make the movie he envisioned from the start, and he promises when the film is released it will be “the movie set out to make.”

As previously reported, Cooper spent some of the 42-day shoot filming at actual music festivals to get as much realistic footage as possible. Cooper and Gaga jumped onstage and sang at the Stagecoach Festival and at Glastonbury in front of 80,000 people. In an ironic twist, Cooper was able to film at Glastonbury because previous “A Star Is Born” star Kristofferson had a set there and gave up four minutes to Cooper. By the end of the shoot, it became clear to Cooper that Gaga was his most valuable player.

“Gaga is a revelation,” Cooper said. “I relied on her. She said right from the beginning that this is going to be a barter: ‘I’m gonna rely on you to get a performance out of me, and I’m gonna make sure you’re going to be a real musician.'”

Gaga made the decision for both her and Cooper to sing live and not rely on pre-recorded tracks, telling the director, “We’re going to sing everything live. The only way this is going to work is live. I can’t stand when I watch movies and you know its pre-recorded and I can see people lip-syncing.”

Read more here:

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/bradley-cooper-robert-de-niro-a-star-is-born-details-gaga-1201955635/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

A Star is Born ⭐

Rifek

Stop talking, just release the fvcking trailer!

It's time! :grr:

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

ShockPop

I love her reasoning for singing live. Completely curveballing the fact she can't lip sync to save her life haha

Fame IV
2 minutes ago, PaulaMonster13 said:

Hope all the praise is deserved :excited2: I can't wait

Robert DeNiro really loves it :)

And the fact all the songs are played live will be a huge benefit :)

A Star is Born ⭐

Phaye Monster

Praise ha excellence. 

It’s going to be amazing. We aren’t ready. 

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

Original Diva

Wait.  But will there be a recorded soundtrack released? 

Also so pumped to hear heal me

excuse me no

17 minutes ago, JFK said:

Can't wait.

I hope it's as iconic as Crossroads starring Britney

Or Glitter. :stalkga:

Looks like they've been editing it a lot the past few months, which kind of matches was others said that they need to edit the pacing a lot. I guess that's why there is no early trailer yet.

Tokyo Rose
58 minutes ago, Fame IV said:

“I relied on her. She said right from the beginning that this is going to be a barter: ‘I’m gonna rely on you to get a performance out of me, and I’m gonna make sure you’re going to be a real musician.'”

Hm. I wonder how that ended up working out KRm7ZZL.gif

Archived