Creyk
Just now, Saint Hollywood said:

Hip-hop itself never will die. :icega:

but i want it to :(

Saint Hollywood
3 minutes ago, Creyk said:

but i want it to :(

That must be hard for you :poot:

Hip-hop has been huge since the 80's, so I doubt it'll die off anytime soon :poot:

NIGHTCRAWLER

what do you mean by hiphop though? any example of songs you're pointing at? 

Mirrion Rizzons

i think by 2021 probably

we're in a dark scary storm but rainbows will come by 2021 lets hope

ordinarynam1310

Not every hiphop record is bad, sometimes you need to look somewhere else beside the chart for good music instead of trashing the whole genre because of some horrible mainstream songs

Saint Hollywood

Although I despise the current state of hip-hop as much as any other pop-loving gay, I don't think casting aside the ENTIRE genre is necessary. It's too embedded into our culture for it to simply disappear. :tony:

SolidSnake

Hip-Hop is good when it has a meaning to it (Nas, Kendrick, J.Cole etc.) However this stuff I usually hear on the radio like Post Malone, Cardi B, Migos, Nicki Minaj is absolute garbage. 

Hades

If you mean Migos, Post Malone, Lil Uzi or whatever they're called yes they must vanish into thin air. I hate them for ruining a great genre of music.

Miel

Hip-hop, as a whole and as a concept, will never truly die. Its roots in communities of color, specifically Black community, holds a lot of power and beauty through its art form. It is a form of existence, resistance, and progression.

That said, hopefully the more hollow, "popular" form of hip hop can wane off- same as hollow pop waned off, also.

3 points in and ready for more

Ryusei

Soundcloud hiphop needs to disappear... All these trashcans like XXX and lil xan and 6nine9 or whatever (who is literally a pedophile) but hip hop has been popular for a long time, it always has been popular, it's just that with charts'emphasis on streaming, a lot of rap artists (or "artists") get really good positions on the charts so thats why it seems like a lot more hiphop than usually is popular rn. But if you look at billboard  hot 100 no.1s through the years you'll see that there have been a ton of hip hop no.1s 

Musery

Archived