💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
sales

1989 Sold At Twice the Rate of Reputation

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

First off, this isn't to bash Taylor. I'm pretty neutral on her. This is just a realization i had.

So Taylor's 1989 album sold at twice the rate that reputation is. 

By it's 4th month released, 1989 had sold 4.1 million copies

By it's 5th month release, reputation has sold 2 million copies

Yuuri

I know you didn't mean to bash Taylor, but what other female artist, who's album was released last year, passed 2M?

Taylorrgh

To be fair 1989 never was on spotify until recently. So it makes sense that it was able to keep physical sales high

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, Sharyu said:

I know you didn't mean to bash Taylor, but what other female artist, who's album was released last year, passed 2M?

for sure, just comparing data

Mikolaj

Hmm. To put that two million in perspective, this was the best selling album in U.S. at the end of 2017, so even if it's half of what 1989 sold at reputation's age, it is still a success. 

She couldn't possibly pull off an era this huge second time in a row. The fact that she's nowhere to be seen for most of the time doesn't help. No promo, no interviews, almost no performances. It's great she still sold that much. 

It was close to impossible to top 1989 anyway. Such a gem... 

Phlop

Joanne didn’t even sell 2 mil WW. Soooo.

I think Reputation is doing fine considering it’s 2018

BYE

Haroon

1989's first two singles were huge #1s :O reputation had an amazing start too but I don't think Look What You Made Me Do was as successful as Shake It Off but then I don't know the actual numbers so might be wrong about that :confused: Both successful eras but one just more successful than the other. Kinda like 21 and 25, 21 is more successful but that doesn't mean 25 wasn't successful - I know you're not saying that reputation wasn't successful but just adding that as a point of comparison :laughga:

zakariah

Well, she really isn't promoting at the same level she was with 1989 so it would make sense that the sales won't be as good.

DoremonLove
30 minutes ago, Phlop said:

Joanne didn’t even sell 2 mil WW. Soooo.

I think Reputation is doing fine considering it’s 2018

Whats the need to bring joanne in between :triggered: 

How can anoyone not love gaga

doppelganger

Record sales have also reduced considerably due to streaming so it's not even a fair comparison. 

Supersonic
4 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

for sure, just comparing data

but what's the point of comparing data if you don't contextualize it, such as 1989 not being available on Spotify and album sales declining even more?

Archived