economy

Trump Says He Won't Accept High Oil Prices

Featured Posts

Economy   Paws Up 7,937
Economy

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-43840105

Trump complained that OPEC is artificially increasing oil prices again and that he won't accept it

-------------------

Ummmmmmmm... What can he do about it tho? Military intervention? That always in itself already increases oil prices so that would already be counterproductive :awkney:

• LMAO 1
jesse_batista

Amidana   Paws Up 675
Amidana

lower prices pls im already gonna be a broke college student :omg:

• Like 1
find me on grindr

PartySick   Paws Up 37,795
PartySick

That's cool and all but...what choice does he have? :poot: I mean aside from injecting a little sanity into his administration, opening diplomatic doors, and pushing for green energy while he does what he can to keep oil prices low BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT AIN'T HAPPENING.

He'll probably task scientists with finding the inactive genes in birds to recreate dinosaurs (which would prove God's existence, not evolution) then designing the "Trump Brand Crusher 7000" to crush those dinosaurs into fossil fuel. And then they claim bankruptcy after rejecting black dinosaurs' tenancy.

Spoiler

Bad joke I know but there's so much garbage to unpack with this administration :dry:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2
Ice skating is just walking in cursive

Economy   Paws Up 7,937
Economy
4 minutes ago, PartySick said:

That's cool and all but...what choice does he have? :poot: I mean aside from injecting a little sanity into his administration, opening diplomatic doors, and pushing for green energy while he does what he can to keep oil prices low BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT AIN'T HAPPENING.

He'll probably task scientists with finding the inactive genes in birds to recreate dinosaurs (which would prove God's existence, not evolution) then designing the "Trump Brand Crusher 7000" to crush those dinosaurs into fossil fuel. And then they claim bankruptcy after rejecting black dinosaurs' tenancy.

Hide contents

Bad joke I know but there's so much garbage to unpack with this administration :dry:

Cutting taxes to shale companies if anything would be more effective so they grow even faster

But realistically this one is out of his hand because it's not something he can fix with military (as I said it would make it worse since instability always hikes prices even more) and he can't do much at all besides that either

Also $70/barrel may seem high in comparison to the prices we've had since the Oil crash but compared to the $148/barrel peak in 2008 (more than double what it is now) and compared to the consistent over $100/barrel for almost a decade straight....

Prices are still low by recent history standards

jesse_batista

FATCAT   Paws Up 30,557
FATCAT
32 minutes ago, Economy said:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-43840105

Trump complained that OPEC is artificially increasing oil prices again and that he won't accept it

-------------------

Ummmmmmmm... What can he do about it tho? Military intervention? That always in itself already increases oil prices so that would already be counterproductive :awkney:

lmao He's setting himself up for failure.

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓

FATCAT   Paws Up 30,557
FATCAT
15 minutes ago, PartySick said:

task scientists with finding the inactive genes in birds to recreate dinosaurs 

We need to get Tony Bennett on that team. We can't risk missing any first hand knowledge.

• LMAO 3
█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓

PartySick   Paws Up 37,795
PartySick
21 minutes ago, Economy said:

Prices are still low by recent history standards

Yeah, the gas in my town ranges from $2.40 to about $2.70 at the highest. I remember not to long ago having to pay nearly $4 a gallon so thanks, Obama :poot: I saw gas go down to $1.80 before but I didn't drive then :pray:

Spoiler

Thanks Obama for lowering them, btw :neyde:

We all know it was Double Hedges that made them high :neyde:

12 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

We need to get Tony Bennett on that team. We can't risk missing any first hand knowledge.

Tony: "This little sh*t..."

4OLQuOE.jpg

Edited by PartySick
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 3
Ice skating is just walking in cursive

Economy   Paws Up 7,937
Economy
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

Yeah, the gas in my town ranges from $2.40 to about $2.70 at the highest. I remember not to long ago having to pay nearly $4 a gallon so thanks, Obama :poot: I saw gas go down to $1.80 before but I didn't drive then :pray:

Tony: "This little sh*t..."

4OLQuOE.jpg

Well my Province has added fuel taxes since 2008 and a carbon tax as well so...

Gas prices are almost as high now as in 2008 ($1.30 per litre now vs $1.40 in 2008) :emma:

• Shook 1
jesse_batista

Delusional Aura   Paws Up 4,278
Delusional Aura
1 hour ago, Amidana said:

lower prices pls im already gonna be a broke college student :omg:

Am noooo my country is heavily dependent on oil and plus the US is a first world country. You shouldn't be complaining. 

Economy   Paws Up 7,937
Economy
4 minutes ago, Delusional Aura said:

Am noooo my country is heavily dependent on oil and plus the US is a first world country. You shouldn't be complaining. 

First world countries have poor ppl too that can complain. Ppl not in first world countries sometimes have unrealistic views of what life in first world countries is really like...

Yes it's better than most Nations but 1st world Nations do have poverty as well. A country like the US that has higher income inequality than the majority of the Developed world in particular have a lot of struggling ppl

Anyway what Country are u from? Mine also has oil as one of the biggest exports (tho were selling our oil at big discounts due to pipeline capacity issues)

jesse_batista

Delusional Aura
10 minutes ago, Economy said:

First world countries have poor ppl too that can complain. Ppl not in first world countries sometimes have unrealistic views of what life in first world countries is really like...

Yes it's better than most Nations but 1st world Nations do have poverty as well. A country like the US that has higher income inequality than the majority of the Developed world in particular have a lot of struggling ppl

Anyway what Country are u from? Mine also has oil as one of the biggest exports (tho were selling our oil at big discounts due to pipeline capacity issues)

I'm from a small country Trinidad and Tobago. Our gas prices per liter is at $0.5 - 1.00 U.S. depending on what gas you require. But our country has been dealing with tax increases on everything since oil prices lowered. What i'm trying to say is that people is the U.S and Canada are way better off than those in the Caribbean due to the fact that there are MORE opportunities in developed countries compared to developing countries like Trinidad and Tobago. 

Edited by Delusional Aura

Economy   Paws Up 7,937
Economy
18 minutes ago, Delusional Aura said:

I'm from a small country Trinidad and Tobago. Our gas prices per liter is at $0.5 - 1.00 U.S. depending on what gas you require. But our country has been going dealing with tax increases on everything since oil prices lowered. What i'm trying to say is that people is the U.S and Canada are way better off than those in the Caribbean due to the fact that is MORE opportunities in developed countries compared to developing countries like Trinidad and Tobago. 

Ah yes I know of Trinidad and Tobago there's some immigrants here I know from there

No it's definitely better. I moved to Canada from Portugal and the overall quality of life is better in Canada

I'm just saying some ppl have exaggerated view that's all. When I go to visit Portugal some people there seem to think everyone here is rich 

I'm just saying even the richest Countries have people who struggle because income inequality exists

Some rich Countries like Norway offer a lot of help for people at the bottom...

But some rich Countries like USA have low minimum wages (in most States) and those people that can barely pay rent some don't even have health care coverage

Even among rich Nations poverty numbers vary from one Country to Another. But it's a mix

Here in Canada right now we have a severe housing shortage problem in many areas and vacancy rates are very low and people are stretched to the limit in some areas. We now accept 330,000 immigrants a year but home construction hasn't kept up

Average income in Toronto for a typical family is a little over $70,000 a year but homes sell for over $1 Million so a family has to either spend over 10 years worth of income in a mortgage or cram Into a condo and there's children sleeping in parents room in some cases now.

City of Vancouver is even worse

Renting a basement for $1200 a month is an option but then u have to actually find one because vacancies are so low

Its not a paradise here trust me. I still prefer Canada over Portugal and over most of the world. But I'm just saying it's not problem free

Edited by Economy
jesse_batista

Delusional Aura
1 minute ago, Economy said:

Ah yes I know of Trinidad and Tobago there's some immigrants here I know from there

No it's definitely better. I moved to Canada from Portugal and the overall quality of life is better in Canada

I'm just saying some ppl have exaggerated view that's all. When I go to visit Portugal some people there seem to think everyone here is rich 

I'm just saying even the richest Countries have people who struggle because income inequality exists

Some rich Countries like Norway offer a lot of help for people at the bottom...

But some rich Countries like USA have low minimum wages (in most States) and those people that can barely pay rent some don't even have health care coverage

Even among rich Nations poverty numbers vary from one Country to Another. But it's a mix

Here in Canada right now we have a severe housing shortage problem in many areas and vacancy rates are very low and people are stretched to the limit in some areas. We now accept 330,000 immigrants a year but home construction hasn't kept up

Average income in Toronto for a typical family is a little over $70,000 a year but homes sell for over $1 Million so a family has to either spend over 10 years worth of income in a mortgage or cram Into a condo and there's children sleeping in parents room in some cases now.

City of Vancouver is even worse

Renting a basement for $1200 a month is an option but then u have to actually find one because vacancies are so low

Its not a paradise here trust me. I still prefer Canada over Portugal over most of the world. But I'm just saying it's not problem free

This is the point i was trying to make...i lived in the U.S for 7 years and preferred it to Trinidad and Tobago. I understand where you're coming from though where every country has people dealing with poverty.

• Like 1

Economy   Paws Up 7,937
Economy
5 minutes ago, Delusional Aura said:

This is the point i was trying to make...i lived in the U.S for 7 years and preferred it to Trinidad and Tobago. I understand where you're coming from though where every country has people dealing with poverty.

Oh why did u move back then?

jesse_batista

Delusional Aura
11 minutes ago, Economy said:

Oh why did u move back then?

I was 14 when we moved back. I didn't have a choice. But my dad didn't like the cold weather and he started his own company here so our standard of living improved compared to when we were in the US since we were living paycheck to paycheck there. Now we're way more financially stable in T&T but things started getting harder with recent tax increases on private businesses due to the lowering of oil prices. 

• Like 1