Jump to content
economy

"Toys R Us" Brand Saved From Bankruptcy

Featured Posts

Economy   Paws Up 7,950
Economy

https://www.bnn.ca/watsa-s-fairfax-agrees-to-buy-canadian-unit-of-toys-r-us-1.1062829

 

The famous Toys R Us Brand in North America has been saved it's existence by a $300 Million bid to buy most of the store locations in Canada and to continue using the same name

 

Unfortunately this bid does not save the USA locations but the brand at least will still exist

  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Shook 6
jesse_batista

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wigless   Paws Up 6,783
Wigless

Oh, Canada. We did that 👏

  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dunk96   Paws Up 1,515
Dunk96

Sucks that the US locations suffer but great news for Canada.

These are the dreams of an impossible princess.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gardevoir   Paws Up 19,602
Gardevoir

shooked, also slay my maple leaf hunties :golfclap:

The taste of your lips I'm on a ride, You're TM06 I'm slippin' under

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy   Paws Up 7,950
Economy
5 minutes ago, Dunk96 said:

Sucks that the US locations suffer but great news for Canada.

I think it would cost too much money for the Corporation that bought it to buy the US locations as well

 

The US must have way more no doubt, I'm sure it would have to be Billions to buy the US operations :awkney:

 

We don't have that many here actually at least not in my area. I've known of maybe 3 or 4 in the Toronto area (there may be more nearby tho that I haven't seen but my point is that it isn't one of the huge chains here)

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1
jesse_batista

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAMROD   Paws Up 29,749
RAMROD

Good to know. I believe TrU is still around elsewhere. Say in some parts of MIddle East, Europe and Asia for example.

EDIT:

https://www.toysrusinc.com/about-us/store-locator

Edited by RAMROD
DIG! Bury me! Underneath, everything that I was!!

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy   Paws Up 7,950
Economy
15 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Good to know. I believe TrU is still around elsewhere. Say in some parts of MIddle East, Europe and Asia for example.

EDIT:

https://www.toysrusinc.com/about-us/store-locator

Ah. Germany has almost as many as Canada cool!

 

I didn't know how wide spread it was outside North America

  • Love 1
jesse_batista

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
River   Paws Up 15,922
River

tbh I don't think they need to be saved, after they milked us all around the world with super expensive prices for plastic toys or a few brands that costs half price on Amazon... they deserve it, the customers made their decision and found other better places to buy toys.. this is the price of free market..

I know that the workers had nothing to do with it and it's sad that they'll be unemployed, but if we think that way, those big companies will continue to milk us get richer while paying the minimum to those employees.

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAMROD   Paws Up 29,749
RAMROD
Just now, River said:

tbh I don't think they need to be saved, after they milked us all around the world with super expensive prices for plastic toys or a few brands that costs half price on Amazon... they deserve it, the customers made their decision and found other better places to buy toys.. this is the price of free market..

I know that the workers had nothing to do with it and it's sad that they'll be unemployed, but if we think that way, those big companies will continue to milk us get richer while paying the minimum to those employees.

 

Amazons don't available worldwide, Linda. TyR does and in more than 1 cities too.

DIG! Bury me! Underneath, everything that I was!!

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
River   Paws Up 15,922
River
41 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Good to know. I believe TrU is still around elsewhere. Say in some parts of MIddle East, Europe and Asia for example.

EDIT:

https://www.toysrusinc.com/about-us/store-locator

I think it's because it's not directly TrU but a local company bought the brand rights and everything, they are not part of the bankrupt

  • Like 1
I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
River   Paws Up 15,922
River
Just now, RAMROD said:

 

Amazons don't available worldwide, Linda. TyR does and in more than 1 cities too.

I gave Amazon as an example, there are many other stores, cheap ones that sells the same products...

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lance   Paws Up 16,779
Lance

Bratz creators bid of over 670million was declined BC apparently it was too low

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lance   Paws Up 16,779
Lance
1 minute ago, River said:

I gave Amazon as an example, there are many other stores, cheap ones that sells the same products...

TRU was doing fine until the new owners got them in debt. Amazon is very irrelevant

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy   Paws Up 7,950
Economy
8 minutes ago, Lance said:

TRU was doing fine until the new owners got them in debt. Amazon is very irrelevant

Amazon is not irrelevant. Nearly half of all online shopping is done there

 

I myself order stuff from there all the time

 

I saved the boxed which I'm now using to move my stuff when I move in with my fiance :emma:

 

jesse_batista

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×