šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Anne-Marie - 2002 (Lyric Video)

JustHMLover

Featured Posts

JustHMLover

We guarantee you know every single '2002' banger in this new tune. So... who here hasn't stopped playing Anne-Marie's new summer anthem '2002' non stop since it dropped? Yup, pretty much everyone, just as we thought. And there's a reason why you might feel like this song is already quite familiar to you, it references a LOT of your favourite throwback tunes! Thank god for Ed Sheeran's persistence because Anne-Marie wasn't planning on releasing the song until the 'Divide' superstar pestered her online to release it asap!Ā 

Now you've heard the tune, let's have a closer look at that chorus to find out what songs AM is actually referencing shall we...

Oops I got 99 problems singing bye, bye, bye
Hold up, if you wanna go and take a ride with me
Better hit me, baby, one more time
Paint a picture for you and me
Of the days when we were young
Singing at the top of both our lungs

Spoiler

"Oops"Ā 

It's one word, but surely this is a nod to the legend that is Britney Spears and her classic hit 'Oops!...I Did It Again'. Right?

"I got 99 problems"

It's your booooyyy. Britney Spears followed by Jay-Z? We're in A-List dreamland.

"Bye, bye, bye"

You can't put the word 'bye' in a row three times without making the entire world think about that iconic *NSYNC hit.

"if you wanna go and take a ride with me"

We want to live in a world where Anne-Marie quotes Nelly in a song and that day has finally arrived. 'Ride Wit Me' has been re-invented and we'll be forever thankful.

"Better hit me, baby, one more time"

More Britney, because you know, it's Britney b***h.

- CapitalFM

Ā 

zakariah

Holy cow, only eleven & she experienced all that sh!t?!

I'm 19 & haven't even held hands with anyone else besides my parents :toofunny:Ā 

super ultra
32 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

Holy cow, only eleven & she experienced all that sh!t?!

I'm 19 & haven't even held hands with anyone else besides my parents :toofunny:Ā 

Exactly what I thought and makes the lyrics cringy a bit for meĀ :wtfga:

Archived