💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Would you have guessed ARTPOP would "age" better than BTW?

CheapGin

Featured Posts

CheapGin

To my knowledge, ARTPOP maintains on worldwide charts and continues as a topic of discussion, largely as underrated. Born This Way, on the other hand, (my personal favorite of Gaga's albums) has seemed to have "aged" the most poorly in the sense of the general public, meaning sales, recognition, value, etc. Music wise, I think BTW is timeless and has aged flawlessly and will continue to, but it seems all of the others (TFM, TF, time will tell w/ Joanne) seem to outshine whenever chances arise. Thoughts?

VillainTina

i feel like its the other way around.

my hood frieds like judas MV and say that its cool nd bad ass also marry the night 

i rarely hear about ARTPOP unless its GGD or an iG account posting a meme or something.

Queen Of Red M&M's /// Linda Evangelista /// Id Like To Keep It On Please đŸ˜¶

Chamaquito

I feel both albums have aged badly. With the exception of The Edge Of Glory. TF and TFM are her best eras. The songs on those two albums continue to be bops.

I’m actually nice.

iCpro

ARTPOP has become one of those albums that just always stays on the small countries iTunes Charts, it’s currently charting in 26 countries, none of her other albums are charting anywhere :laughga:

I think in terms of cultural relevancy BTW will always be above ARTPOP, but in terms of charts, ARTPOP is still clinging on, while BTW doesn’t sell anything anymore. 

Also whenever I go to record stores ARTPOP is still being sold at full price while BTW is always in the $4 bargain bin :cryga:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

shoful

YUP.  BECAUSE ARTPOP IS HER GREATEST ALBUM EVER. She reached out into the dark and the great APHRODITE CAME TO ANSWER OUR PRAYERS. Gifting us with the most sonically diverse and powerful piece of work OF THE MILLENNIUM 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

DaftFameMonster
3 minutes ago, iCpro said:

Also whenever I go to record stores ARTPOP is still being sold at full price while BTW is always in the $4 bargain bin :cryga:

This. I find this as well lmaoo

bloody g

Yeah ARTPOP will cross the 4M sales WW this year.

As I supposed, this is album will be a highlight in her discography in the long term. It's everything she represents.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐹𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Miel

It's peculiar that ARTPOP seems to hold on in the long term, while BTW will experience spikes.

I mean, I'm sure there are a multitude of factors as to why. I'm just not sure.

That said, the cultural relevancy of BTW lives on.

3 points in and ready for more

PunkTheFunk

ARTPOP is playing the long game. After WWIII ravages the earth the government will blast G.U.Y. on loudspeakers to wake up hibernating civilians

v1Y23Q.gif

The Child

ARTPOP has become a meme like Bionic & Lotus IMO. BTW on the other hand still remains superior. :classy:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Dutch

Born This Way was partly successful thanks to TFM hype. So now there is no hype, people aren’t that much into it anymore. While ARTPOP was released in the age of hating Gaga. But now she is loved again and people are not dumbass hating for no reason. Now they actually felt bad for hating on ARTPOP because the actually love it. ARTPOP is timeless for me.

SHALLOW

Let’s face it.

Born This Way is only loved cause it’s dedicated to the gays. :trollga:

Well, i’m gay and i don’t feel like i need to love that album that much. To me the concept is pretty basic and the album itself is full of fillers with very few gems.

ARTPOP on the other hand is interesting. You definitely can’ deny that. The whole drama around it actually made me dig deeper into it cause i didn’t understand why it was so hated when i discovered it.And of course the concept apparently is not understandable by everyone. Also it is full of bops! 

Archived