Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Is Call Me By Your Name a good movie ?

Versace

Featured Posts

Yuuri
Just now, River said:

We watched few days ago finally.. I gave it 5/10.. the movie was overhyped imo

It was slow, a bit too late for our times and with so many Italian movies cliches that I wanted to throw up the pasta that I ate..

And like it's a gay movie and we only saw boobs :awkney: 

idk, the speech of the father was nice because it's unusual for that time.. but it was a popular Cannes festival movie at the end..

If you think about it, not a lot of Romance movies are action packed, so the slowness was to be expected. About the boobs part, I think it's still taboo to see genatalia is block buster movies or movies in general. I personally give it a 8.5/10.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River
13 minutes ago, Sharyu said:

If you think about it, not a lot of Romance movies are action packed, so the slowness was to be expected. About the boobs part, I think it's still taboo to see genatalia is block buster movies or movies in general. I personally give it a 8.5/10.

I know that it's needs to be slow, I'm watching a lot of drama movies in between the blockbusters.. it was just slow for no real reason.. too much built up/no built up kind of games.. and a part of us was pissed off that they changed the location from the book, in the book it's all happening in Bordighera, where my husband grew up, so yeah we had a bit of bitterness over that lol

about the boobs, first, it was accidentally a blcokbuster, it was never intend to be one, it's a festivals movie so nudity is more than welcomed.. but it's backward to censored gay sex and penis in a gay movie... it's something that shouldn't happen.. if the movie was for European audience only, no one would complain to even see it.. like I could understand if it happened 10-20 years ago but now not at all.. we see penis everywhere now, especially on tv shows..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Creyk
17 hours ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

(Do not read if you don't want spoilers) I think it's cuz the ending is really realistic and also so thought provoking in a way that makes you see your own life from a different viewpoint. How the romance between Elio and Oliver developed is so perfect and exciting, and most people will never in their lives experience something so exciting like that. But the movie strikes a chord within people's hearts because we all know that it's always the things that are the most perfect that are the most fleeting. But the movie really makes you question: would you rather have these great but fleeting experience and then be sad that it's over afterwards, or would you rather not experience it at all. ("Is the high worth the pain" taylor swift teas)

Thanks, great answer!

I discussed it with my boyfriend since then and he said the "great part" was the dad's monolouge at the end.

avalon x
On 4/20/2018 at 3:29 AM, Devyn said:

Imo no. I found it to be extremely boring.

THIS OMG.

I thought I was the only one!

I couldn't even finish it, I stopped halfway. :saladga: 

Iran a good film. The story just didn’t come through like it probably should have. I feel like I had more questions after watching, but maybe that’s the idea and they’ll be answered in the sequel. It could have been a lot better.

Archived