💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"Beyoncé Has Surpassed MJ" - Bill Werde

sipthistea

Featured Posts

Ryusei

Next is: beyoncé has clearly surpassed jesus, his career ended pretty soon after he was resurrected and after that he dies pretty quickly. It‘s clear that beyoncé‘s resurrection after the beyoncé album was more impressive. She also seems to have a bigger cult following. 

Musery

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewUsername
4 hours ago, freebit said:

I'm open to the argument of her being on par with him, or why someone would prefer her to Micheal, but Bill Werde is so ATRL-ed in his reasoning that he makes me roll my eyes. Plus, I don't think all artists need to be pitted against each other like this, especially post humorously? It's ok for them all to exist separately. I felt the same way when there was a article about famous literary writers recently. I feel like some people like to make a competition out of the arts like it's sports or something, but art is just not about that IMO. 

nicely put!

PartySick
5 hours ago, SEXODUS said:

I see them WPs comin’ at me if I wrote exactly what I’m thinking rn :emma:

they’re different. no need to compare relevancies here.

/thread

That depends :stalkga: are you backing the king? :stalkga:

OT: I have to laugh.gif :ladyhaha: the three biggest acts of all time are The Beatles, Elvis, and Michael. That's based on sales, relevancy, impact, etc. I mean, if it weren't for the dishonest accusations, Michael wouldn't have started to pull away from the public eye. By 2005, all he wanted to do was get away from the public so yeah. I'd say Bey comes in at least a level below them with the likes of Madonna, or just below Madonna. They're still hugely impactful, legendary, and successful but the three on the top just cannot be touched by mortal hands.

And as for Gaga in all this...I can't even imagine what to do with her :wtfga:

If Michael and Beyonce were in a competition to bake the best cakes, Gaga would be the weird kid that only joined the competition to sit and eat the frosting. She's cool like that :cool: and I can't imagine her being in competition with anyone because she seems so removed from it all (which is a good thing).

🖤

monketsharona

Beyoncé is an amazing artist, but please can this overrating hype around her stop ?

teenagechrist

I am SCREAMING, he has to be a troll :sharon: 

feeling so hot tamale

JohnnyVersace

Ehhhh. The valid point is that she's been in the game for decades now. But their careers are different, as are the times. Idk if you can really compare. 

That being said, Coachella was a mother****ing moment.

highlikegaga

let's not forget that not so long ago the queen who surpassed MJ had to get none other than gaga and do songS with her to stay relevant.

i adore Bey and she deserves all of the praise and success she gets, but she jumps on trends.

in 2010 it was gaga, last year it was J Balvin, then it was ed shitran. I don't remember MJ jumping on tracks for the sake of the relevancy. He had his own unique thing and no one can top that.

Lucas

And most of you guys will say she's not overrated lol. The only things Beyoncé is good at are singing and performing over-rehearsed choreography. The rest of "her" artistry is just a big team. And before you all throw the racist card at me like all Beyoncé fans do, I support and listen to a lot of black artists.

chiuga

She still has Janet, Celine, Whitney and Mariah to surpass before Madge, let alone Michael.

Shes way behind these on an international level. 

Borislshere
31 minutes ago, GagaInTheZone said:

And most of you guys will say she's not overrated lol. The only things Beyoncé is good at are singing and performing over-rehearsed choreography. The rest of "her" artistry is just a big team. And before you all throw the racist card at me like all Beyoncé fans do, I support and listen to a lot of black artists.

"over-rehearsed" So now it's bad to perfect your show before performing it? People are paying a lot of money to go to her shows, she's not about to give some half assed choreography and awkward audience interactions. 

ordinarynam1310

I love Bey, but to say that she had surpassed MJ is incredibly offensive. She's a beast when it comes to performing and perfecting her craft, music and image, but ever since after 4, her relevancy centered in mostly the US. 

Yes, Partition was big in some way because of the dance videos using the song, but was it a hit? And who knows about Formation, like normal people, not people who's been following her. It's pop music, so having hits mean sustaining relevancy. And even at her peak, she can't even surpass Gaga 3 years into her career (no shade) 

And now about the impact, what has Beyoncé done that was so huge that everyone followed her. Probably the Single Ladies dance. She put out great music, but that does not mean it's impactful. Her visual albums have some impact on pushing artists forward, I'd give her that. 

Thinking that Bey has surpassed MJ is just like living in a bubble 

Flapjack

MJ is an untouchable pedestal when it comes to impact for any pop-act. Bey is a really talented performer, but various social issues only appear to be important to her when it will benefit her career imo, which makes her seem more calculated and business-savvy than artistic. Although that isn't inherently bad. 

MJ was also treated like a religious figure (I heard people say he was more known than Jesus, as a measure) without him having to contrive it, Bey's team was very intelligent in showcasing her to be this godly figure to stick in people's minds- so now it becomes inherent to the GP.  

Archived