Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"Beyoncé Has Surpassed MJ" - Bill Werde

sipthistea

Featured Posts

Ziggy

I won’t be quick to discount what he says, but I think we need more time removed to determine that or not. Right now we’re in the thick of Beyoncé’s relevancy and success while we look back at Michael’s. I think you can really only compare their relevancies in hindsight so I just say wait.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh funny I watched Wendy saying the same thing and I said no, I love her but no, at least not yet ! She s close but not yet ...

Lextyr97
22 hours ago, sipthistea said:

But Beyoncé did sell 20M with Lemonade :whitney:

Shes at like 3 mil sales for Lemonade :laughga:

Lextyr97
11 hours ago, Tyler Henry said:

Ok but formation had impact and was grammy nominated lol. Nobody remembers 4 minutes.

Trust me, gp knows and remembers 4 Minutes. That song was everywhere lmaooo as for Formation..... Outside of stan culture, that song isn't as popular as you think lmao

Haroon
11 hours ago, Tyler Henry said:

you don't have to reply to me. I don't care if you do or don't. You're entitled to your own wrong opinion. As I stated earlier formation had impact and will be remembered for long time as highlight in Beyonce's catalog. (i'm sure the professional critics agree as well). all in all, 4 minutes was nothing but a moderate hit on the chart with no longevity. what i meant by no grammy noms was she had no Important category nominations nor a win like formation, of course I knew she was nominated but it was nothing important to really note. so I don't know why you are trying to prove to me that a mediocre song and moderate had more impact than formation lol. Formation's impact was undeniable. Nobody remembers 4 minutes because the GP was to busy buying and sending "Touch My Body" to number 1. so, have a blessed day. :giggle:

I don’t like getting involved with chart debates but 4 Minutes had bigger success on the Billboard charts and on worldwide charts as well, it’s also sold a lot more than Formation both in the US and worldwide :sweat: So not taking into account something as relative as chart peaks, by pure numbers it was more successful than Formation and not by a small amount either :spin:

Arguing something like impact is difficult to gauge so I can’t really comment on that, but I don’t think it’s fair to downplay the success of 4 Minutes and be putting it down when you’re arguing that Formation is so much better because 4 Minutes was more commercially successful and by a large margin :S 

SpookyKid
23 hours ago, Tyler Henry said:

The same could be said for your opinion and everyone else’s opinions on here :trollga:

I didn't comment anything about who I prefer tho? 

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

WWWWHHHYYYYYY is it always a competition, things like this make me hate modern music.

MJ is a God in his own way

Beyonce is a God in her own way.

Gaga is a God in her own way.

Plus, comparing the success of an internet/streaming/easy access to music era artist to an artist from the 70s-90s is total bulshit. If anything, MJ didnt need all of that to become a legend all over the world who reached all cultures and places.

And using his years of success as a measure is very unfair, specially when he mentions the accusations MJ got. His peak was cut short.

freakumdress

I'm not saying Beyonce surpassed MJ or whatever. However it's extremely rare to see a pop girl with that big of an impact on the general public. It's not as socially accepted for people, especially if you're a straight man to be a fan of her, never less even like a song. It's no secret how much harder it is for women to gain acknowledgement and respect from people than for men, and still today she has this icon/legend status. 
That's just something I want people to think about. Obviously Michael gave Beyonce both inspiration and dreams and helped her in that way becoming who she is today. She saw her idol being the biggest pop artist in that generation and now today she has that title. So comparing the two of them is just a waste of time. 

I think Beyonce is an amazing performer and artist but i dont think anyone can compare to michael jackson

dlioncourt91

I respect her as a performer but this ass kissing and overhype for her is outright annoying each time she does something.

On 4/21/2018 at 9:56 AM, freakumdress said:

I'm not saying Beyonce surpassed MJ or whatever. However it's extremely rare to see a pop girl with that big of an impact on the general public. It's not as socially accepted for people, especially if you're a straight man to be a fan of her, never less even like a song. It's no secret how much harder it is for women to gain acknowledgement and respect from people than for men, and still today she has this icon/legend status. 
That's just something I want people to think about. Obviously Michael gave Beyonce both inspiration and dreams and helped her in that way becoming who she is today. She saw her idol being the biggest pop artist in that generation and now today she has that title. So comparing the two of them is just a waste of time. 

She should be applauded for being successful. But Madonna, Whitney Houston, and other women have been at that level and also higher.

On 4/20/2018 at 8:32 AM, Ziggy said:

I won’t be quick to discount what he says, but I think we need more time removed to determine that or not. Right now we’re in the thick of Beyoncé’s relevancy and success while we look back at Michael’s. I think you can really only compare their relevancies in hindsight so I just say wait.

This is very true. 

And kind of on that topic, I think one thing that may hurt her in the long run is the lack of memorable hits. Just like most people think LG's last big hit was 2011, people won't remember anything after Single Ladies and Halo. Hits is what keeps people alive long after they are gone. None of us were alive during the Beatles reign, but we know their songs.

Archived