💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

If Gaga continued being Gaga during Joanne?

Quark

If Gaga continued being Gaga during Joanne?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. If Gaga continued being Gaga during Joanne?

• She would have been less successful than the Joanne era
    • She would have been as successful as the Joanne era
    • She would have been more successful than the Joanne era

Featured Posts

Quark

o<(0_0)>o

We often call Gaga Joanne during the Joanne era because it was a big departure for Gaga from her previous eras. She changed to a more organic sound, and the music was much more personal. Also her visuals were more simple and toned down. The point is that Gaga changed enough to the point were she felt like she was a different artist. But what if Gaga had continued to be the Gaga that we always knew? During 5F2 Gaga basically said that she couldn't continue to be the crazy and over the top artist that she had been because she had basically pushed all her limits. Since she debuted, she kept getting more weird, more crazy, and more over the top until ARTPOP. So was Gaga right? Would Gaga have been less successful if she had continued to be the usual crazy pop Gaga? 

FATCAT

I think it would have been perceived as a marketing ploy or it might have cheapened the Joanne album if she'd have continued to be "Gaga."

Purr more, hiss less.

Quark
18 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

I think it would have been perceived as a marketing ploy or it might have cheapened the Joanne album if she'd have continued to be "Gaga."

I don't just mean the way she presents herself. But also the album/music. In other words we would have gotten the original LG5 instead of Joanne. 

FfFfFfFF

This era didnt' lack Gaga moments:

Dancin In Circles the song

That Milion Reasons performance with lotus-like piano 

Superbowl

John Wayne MV

Coachella

JWT 

Gags is changing but it doesn't mean her actual imagine is not coherent to her former one.

Haroon

I don't think it'd match up that well :confused: Joanne seemed more stripped back and casual so her going around with weird fashion and crazy outfits and stuff would be like "wat :duck:"

34 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Superbow

6a00d8341c730253ef0154372f045f970c.jpg

Helxig

It would've put a bad taste in the public's mouth and they would've turned away from it. She knew what she was doing. This was an album that she wanted to reach all kinds of people. Different to Born This Way which was made specifically for the outcasts and weirdos like herself. 

I'll be myself until they fƫcking close the coffin.

Quark
3 minutes ago, Haroon said:

I don't think it'd match up that well :confused: Joanne seemed more stripped back and casual so her going around with weird fashion and crazy outfits and stuff would be like "wat :duck:"

6a00d8341c730253ef0154372f045f970c.jpg

Like I told someone else here, I don't mean just the persona but also the music. So for example, we would have gotten the "orginial LG5" instead of Joanne and Gaga would just have continued being her usual self with new songs, rather than the very different persona and music we got with Joanne. 

Haroon
1 minute ago, Quark said:

Like I told someone else here, I don't mean just the persona but also the music. So for example, we would have gotten the "orginial LG5" instead of Joanne and Gaga would just have continued being her usual self with new songs, rather than the very different persona and music we got with Joanne. 

Ah whoops sorry, it's morning and I just woke up so I'm not fully switched on and reading properly it seems :flop:

Hmm interesting question, I think she would've been more successful to be honest because the songs would be more radio friendly and the visuals would've been more interesting so they'd get more people watching them and stuff :huh: She'd be getting more press because of what she'd be wearing when she's out and about as well, like the crazier the fashion the more people want to speak about it and spread it around

Quark
8 minutes ago, Haroon said:

Ah whoops sorry, it's morning and I just woke up so I'm not fully switched on and reading properly it seems :flop:

Hmm interesting question, I think she would've been more successful to be honest because the songs would be more radio friendly and the visuals would've been more interesting so they'd get more people watching them and stuff :huh: She'd be getting more press because of what she'd be wearing when she's out and about as well, like the crazier the fashion the more people want to speak about it and spread it around

Yeah what you said is possible. She essentially would have been more "GP friendly". But there is still that doubt of maybe the public had seen enough of her more crazy and over the top persona. Maybe they would have ignored her even more simply because they would have felt that it all was too much or because she wasn't changing enough. This is was Gaga herself said in 5F2 "Honestly we've seen me ****ing glamorous for 10 years," she says. "It's ****ing boring."

Gagadonna

She was being Gaga half the era: the SuperBowl, Coachella, John Wayne (music video), The Cure (song), Ru Paul's cameo, and the tour were very Gaga. 

robboadam
1 hour ago, FATCAT said:

Wasn't it perceived as that anyway?

aaronyoji

theres a way she coulda still had this evolved sense of "gaga" with the music of joanne but still interesting, and I'm sorry its a lack of ideas that made lots of moments of the joanne album era underwhelming and not because its more sophisticated. you can be sophisticated and still interesting. 

like the ayo backdrop to coachella, in those pink chaps, or the automotive theme to some of joanne tour merch, the perfect balance of streetwear and country.  like I'm sorry theres A LOT she could've done visually for this era. 

ryanripley

people hype up the original LG5 as a "return to TFM gaga!!" but i do think that album was going to be a stripped back pop album still and Angel Down just about made the cut on Joanne plus she might have realised working with mark could achieve sounds redone couldn't

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

she killed her comeback hype with that messy album and ugly era, And can we stop pretending like Joanne era was a success 

corvus albus
1 hour ago, LG6time said:

she killed her comeback hype with that messy album and ugly era, And can we stop pretending like Joanne era was a success 

I'm very critical of this album and era but in the end the album is better than you think. It seems that you're the kind of person that sees ARTPOP as the peak of Gaga and yeah i kinda agree :sweat: (but it's only my second fav tbh). Joanne is not a danceable album which is a stark contrast to every album Gaga released before which probably irritated you and a lot of people but on Joanne you can also see her best lyrical work to date. Songs like Sinners Prayer and Angel Down represent Gagas writing skills at their peak. The most important thing that Joanne did was showing that Gaga is more than the "crazy" person in a meat dress but only in the regions of the world were the album was succesful (or at least one single). In Germany for example nothing changed about Gagas image because the album had no impact. In the US the album showed to a larger audience what Gaga already tried with C2C. If C2C would've perfomed better she wouldn't have needed Joanne.

That the era seems like a failure is because of the poorly managed lead single. PI was probably the worst single to choose as the  lead single besides JAD.

We will have our Dance Queen back one day but please cut her some slack. We know she can come back with everything (except an album like The Fame pls) and would slay Joanne to death but only because of the work Joanne did for her. Just be patient.

Archived