💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Gaga Grammy Fact

Red Velvet

Featured Posts

Red Velvet

Did you know: Lady Gaga made history when she was nominated for 4 different major categories or areas in 2011, being the first female solo artist to do so in this decade. She was nominated in these areas: Video, Pop, Dance and General. Also, she also made history this decade, when she was the first female artist to be nominated in 5 different areas in less than 10 years, area being Visual Media. 

To be specific the nominations:

Pop: The Fame Monster, Born this Way and Joanne (Pop Vocal Album), Cheek to Cheek (Traditional Pop Album), Bad Romance, You and I and Million Reasons (Pop Solo Performance), Telephone (Pop Collaboration with Vocals)

Video: Bad Romance (Best Short Form Music Video)

Dance: The Fame (Best Dance/Electronica Album), Just Dance , Dance in the Dark, and Poker Face (Best Dance Recording)

General: Poker Face (Record/Song of the Year), The Fame, TFM and Born this Way (Album of the Year)

Visual Media: Til It Happens to You (Best Written Song for Visual Media)

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

SLAYing
1 hour ago, Green Detox said:

She's also the reason why Best New Artist rules changed

Can you shed a lil light on it.. How!! 

Instagram : saurabh_slays

Mirages
23 minutes ago, SLAYing said:

Can you shed a lil light on it.. How!! 

Lady Gaga's exclusion from the best new artist category at this year's Grammys has caused the Recording Academy to change eligibility requirements for the next ceremony.

Although Lady Gaga was the most popular new artist of 2009, she was ineligible for a best new artist nomination. Her hit "Just Dance" had been nominated in 2008, before she was a platinum-selling act, and previous Grammy nominees can't be nominated for best new artist.

The changes were announced Wednesday. The rule change allows previous Grammy nominees to be eligible, as long as the artist hasn't released an entire album and doesn't win.

"More and more, the first release of a new artist is as a featured artist on someone else's album or the new artist may release a single long before the release of his/her/their entire first album," the Academy said in a statement.

Source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/957488/lady-gaga-spurs-grammys-to-change-best-new-artist-rule

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Mister Gaga
1 hour ago, Green Detox said:

She's also the reason why Best New Artist rules changed

the impact omg

Thomas P
1 hour ago, Jonathan2244 said:

If she was nominated, I beleive she would of won best new artist 

That award is cursed though so good thing she didn’t. :selena:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

corvus albus
12 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

That award is cursed though so good thing she didn’t. :selena:

The Beatles,The Carpenters, Bette Midler, Cyndi Lauper, Mariah Carey, Lauryn Hill, Christina Aguilera, Alicia Keys, Evanescence, Maroon 5, John Legend, Carrie Underwood, Amy Winehouse, Adele, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Sam Smith, Meghan Trainor, Chance The Rapper, Alessia Cara won Best New Artist. I think these people prove that the Best New Artist award is not cursed :poot:

Didn't Beyonce surpass last year? I'm pretty sure she was nomianted in General, pop, rock, music video and some rap category.

Red Velvet
On 18 April 2018 at 4:12 AM, GrigioGirl1 said:

Didn't Beyonce surpass last year? I'm pretty sure she was nomianted in General, pop, rock, music video and some rap category.

"First".

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Archived