A Star Is Born
Sign in to follow this  
celeb

Conchita Wurst comes out as hiv-positive

Featured Posts

Adakam
On 4/16/2018 at 4:59 PM, Supersonic said:

It is, but you're also not taking into consideration if the sexual interaction was consented too. Rape is a thing. HIV postive people purposefully lying about their status and then additionally breaking the condom is also a thing.

Not to mention, that gay sex education (especially in Europe, particularly Germany & Austria) is horribly lacking, most of my knowledge about HIV I have had to piece together myself from the internet. The curriculum here just states that students are supposed to learn about STIs in 10th grade (which is already TOO late, most people have had sex until then already), and it just mentions that "gay people are more prone to HIV" without any reasoning (almost in a demonizing, dehumanizing way), when in reality everybody who engages in **** intercourse is more prone to getting infected with HIV.

Of course im talking about consented sex by educated people, to put it simple:

If you know about HIV, and you still think its a good idea to have a grindr hookup or a one night stand after a club and not use protection "because its hotter/you have a cum fetish/you think you are lucky and itll never happen to you", then I hope HIV eats through you.

Anything outside of that, getting it through rape, syringes, blood tranfusions, etc etc then of course I support those people, they have my compassion and I hope we can get rid of all the unfair stigmas that comes with it

Economy
On 15/04/2018 at 4:11 PM, Aga Gydal said:

Wishing her health and happiness. Amazing for her to come out about this, and I hope it reaches people out there who aren’t playing safe. 

I'm tired and when I first read ur reply I thought u said "wishing her death and happiness" :air:

I was actually like wtf is wrong with u :rip:

jesse_batista

Economy
On 15/04/2018 at 5:36 PM, Haroon said:

I can't find the English translation in the comments, could someone please post it here? :confused:

You can get it if you have protected sex with people in the straight community :duck:

Yes. But I think the user was generalizing

Easily 9 times out 10 STIs are contracted thru unprotected sex 

jesse_batista
  • Like 1

Haroon
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

I don't think a topic as serious and sensitive as this is the place for brash generalisations and assumptions :huh:

• Like 1

Economy
Just now, Haroon said:

I don't think a topic as serious and sensitive as this is the place for brash generalisations and assumptions :huh:

Well. Maybe not. But I also think real life examples can also give points like this a stronger emphasis

If I was that user I woulda given my condolences along with the post. But I don't disagree with what he said tbh

jesse_batista

Haroon
16 minutes ago, Economy said:

Well. Maybe not. But I also think real life examples can also give points like this a stronger emphasis

If I was that user I woulda given my condolences along with the post. But I don't disagree with what he said tbh

Nothing about Conchita's post had anything to do with unprotected sex in the gay community :confused: If you want to make that assumption and go ahead with something like "well that's what you get lol, should've known better!" then that's up to you but I think it's highly inappropriate and insensitive. Using a real life example to spread awareness about HIV sure, we can only benefit with more education about the disease and preventing transmission. However, using an opportunity like this to make an assumption and shame someone isn't helpful to anyone, we shouldn't be kicking people when they're already down.

The fact of the matter is: HIV is not just transmitted through unprotected sex. It can also be transmitted through protected sex (condoms are always explained as not being 100% effective) and quite a few other routes (needles, etc). HIV is also not a "gay disease" and we've come a long way with dispelling that stereotype, but clearly not far enough. We shouldn't be sat here trying to reinforce it as one because straight people and other sexualities are not immune to HIV, they have to take the exact same preventative measures as gay men do.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Supersonic
8 hours ago, Economy said:

I think that's a very vast generalization, since Herpes/HPV is considered an STI, however it is mainly passed from human to human in non sexual ways, the most likely one being that you once had a gross aunt who kissed you when she had a cold sore when you were a baby. Yeast infections do not require sexual activity whatsoever to form. You could sh*t yourself accidentally in public and the fecal matter and bacteria coming into touch with your privates could cause an acute outbreak. You can get pubic lice/parasites from using the same sheets/towels/clothes as an infected person. :shrug:

Majestic, the future is electric.
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

ryanripley
7 hours ago, Haroon said:

Nothing about Conchita's post had anything to do with unprotected sex in the gay community :confused: If you want to make that assumption and go ahead with something like "well that's what you get lol, should've known better!" then that's up to you but I think it's highly inappropriate and insensitive. Using a real life example to spread awareness about HIV sure, we can only benefit with more education about the disease and preventing transmission. However, using an opportunity like this to make an assumption and shame someone isn't helpful to anyone, we shouldn't be kicking people when they're already down.

The fact of the matter is: HIV is not just transmitted through unprotected sex. It can also be transmitted through protected sex (condoms are always explained as not being 100% effective) and quite a few other routes (needles, etc). HIV is also not a "gay disease" and we've come a long way with dispelling that stereotype, but clearly not far enough. We shouldn't be sat here trying to reinforce it as one because straight people and other sexualities are not immune to HIV, they have to take the exact same preventative measures as gay men do.

i love you

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ
  • Love 1

Economy
9 hours ago, Haroon said:

Ok ur right about that part. I think the way it was commented implies that thats how she got it which isn't fair because we don't know how she got it.

I was more agreeing with what he said in Principal not the way he said it or the timing in which it was said.

I don't think it's discriminatory to acknowledge that the gay community still has a higher rate of HIV positive people statistically or that unprotected sex greatly increases ur risk of contracting the virus

Of course heterosexuals having protected sex can still get HIV. It doesn't change the fact that by sheer probability, Unprotected gay sex has a particularly higher risk of passing that on

It wasn't the fact that he implied she got it that way that I was defending I agree that was unfair and insensitive. It was the rest of it.

jesse_batista

Economy
1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

I think that's a very vast generalization, since Herpes/HPV is considered an STI, however it is mainly passed from human to human in non sexual ways, the most likely one being that you once had a gross aunt who kissed you when she had a cold sore when you were a baby. Yeast infections do not require sexual activity whatsoever to form. You could sh*t yourself accidentally in public and the fecal matter and bacteria coming into touch with your privates could cause an acute outbreak. You can get pubic lice/parasites from using the same sheets/towels/clothes as an infected person. :shrug:

Herpes yes but genital herpes which is usually HSV type II is mainly thru unprotected sex not to mention it has more frequent outbreaks than HSV type I which is more common orally from that aunt kiss I have the example of

Of course there is always other ways of getting it I wasn't saying otherwise

In fact I of all people should know. I lost my virginity when I was about to turn 18 (7 years ago) but I will admit on this site I've had genital herpes since I was 16. How I got it, I honestly have no idea. My doctor doesn't seem convinced I was telling the truth that I first had oral after I first got infected but it's what happened

Anyway I'm talking higher probability. Of course u can get it other ways

jesse_batista

Haroon
22 minutes ago, Economy said:

Ok ur right about that part. I think the way it was commented implies that thats how she got it which isn't fair because we don't know how she got it.

I was more agreeing with what he said in Principal not the way he said it or the timing in which it was said.

I don't think it's discriminatory to acknowledge that the gay community still has a higher rate of HIV positive people statistically or that unprotected sex greatly increases ur risk of contracting the virus

Of course heterosexuals having protected sex can still get HIV. It doesn't change the fact that by sheer probability, Unprotected gay sex has a particularly higher risk of passing that on

It wasn't the fact that he implied she got it that way that I was defending I agree that was unfair and insensitive. It was the rest of it.

Nobody's arguing that the gay community don't have a higher rate of HIV+ individuals or that unprotected **** sex doesn't have the greatest risk of HIV transmission, so I'm not sure what you're defending against :duck:

Economy
5 minutes ago, Haroon said:

Nobody's arguing that the gay community don't have a higher rate of HIV+ individuals or that unprotected **** sex doesn't have the greatest risk of HIV transmission, so I'm not sure what you're defending against :duck:

Because he implied that as well and ur first reply was that anyone could get it so it sounded like u also didn't agree with that statement

jesse_batista

Haroon
29 minutes ago, Economy said:

Because he implied that as well and ur first reply was that anyone could get it so it sounded like u also didn't agree with that statement

The post said that people get HIV when they have unprotected sex with gay people and that a condom would save their life:

"That's what happens when you have unprotected sex with people in the gay community....
Wear a condom y'all...your life isn't worth a 2 minute nut in your butt"

That to me was a blunt statement which didn't allude to anything about risks or rates. Me saying that you can get it via protected sex with straight people isn't commenting about which communities have higher rates or which methods have the greatest risk of HIV transmission. It's simply me saying that HIV is not specific to gay people and it's not specific to unprotected sex :hmm:

• Like 1

Economy
28 minutes ago, Haroon said:

The post said that people get HIV when they have unprotected sex with gay people and that a condom would save their life:

"That's what happens when you have unprotected sex with people in the gay community....
Wear a condom y'all...your life isn't worth a 2 minute nut in your butt"

That to me was a blunt statement which didn't allude to anything about risks or rates. Me saying that you can get it via protected sex with straight people isn't commenting about which communities have higher rates or which methods have the greatest risk of HIV transmission. It's simply me saying that HIV is not specific to gay people and it's not specific to unprotected sex :hmm:

Ok I get what u are trying to say. I'll just leave it at that

jesse_batista

Bellatrix

Wow, some posts in this thread :wtf:

More education, less judgments and generalizations please.

I can't believe how someone can be so cruel and threaten to reveal something like that to the public when it's not your thing to reveal. All the love to Conchita for taking back the control. She proves once again that she's a role model to count on :heart: 

He knows how to play! Itty bitty baby Potter