A Star Is Born
Sign in to follow this  
celeb

Conchita Wurst comes out as hiv-positive

Featured Posts

maxblac
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

:triggered:

who said they were infected by unprotected sex?

So many problematic people in this thread, I can't
giphy.gif
queen ryanripley coming thru and teaching the facts

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

ryanripley

gay people in this thread actually saying "oh well, that's what you get for having unprotected sex" :saladga: 

would you say somebody with skin cancer and say "oh well, that's what you get for not wearing sunscreen"? :saladga: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Irrelevant

Some parts of this thread :rip:

I really wanna reply to some of them, but I'll probably break 5 different rules so :excuseu:

sǝunʇᴉ uo ɹǝuǝʇǝǝʍs ʎnq
  • Like 2

Infinity Wave
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

gay people in this thread actually saying "oh well, that's what you get for having unprotected sex" :saladga: 

would you say somebody with skin cancer and say "oh well, that's what you get for not wearing sunscreen"? :saladga: 

Actually, there is not a real correletion between not wearing sunsreen and having that deasese. 

Just wanted to wrote this scientific fact, I'm not getting into the discussion :whitney:

Colorful
  • Like 4
  • Shook 1

ryanripley
Just now, Infinity Wave said:

Actually, there is not a real correletion between not wearing sunsreen and having that deasese. 

Just wanted to wrote this scientific fact, I'm not getting into the discussion :whitney:

fine, using sunbeds, whatever :triggered: 

the point is some cancers are caused by choice like HIV which can be caught by choosing to have unprotected sex yet nobody here would every shame someone with cancer :triggered: 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Evan Peters
24 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

:shrug: That's what happens when you have unprotected sex with people in the gay community....

Wear a condom y'all...your life isn't worth a 2 minute nut in your butt 

HIV isn't a gay exclusive disease, it can happen to anyone :awkney: ya'll wildin 

emma roberts is an abuser
  • Like 4

Evan Peters
8 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

tbf i have noticed that most people aren't really as sympathetic towards others with skin cancer as compared to other types :selena: but i get what you mean. idk why people can't just keep the whole 'that's what you get' comments to their selves at this point. it's 2018. 

emma roberts is an abuser
  • Like 1

Infinity Wave
4 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

fine, using sunbeds, whatever :triggered: 

the point is some cancers are caused by choice like HIV which can be caught by choosing to have unprotected sex yet nobody here would every shame someone with cancer :triggered: 

Well, technically...

That desease is not caused by choices. Medicine still does not really know what causes it, it's still a mistery in some way. There are things which could lead to it but there is still no proven connection.

On the other hand, having unprotected sex with someone who is positive eventually lead you to be positive. But I'm not informed on this topic, sadly.

Again, just trying to write scientifics fact. May science always win! :whitney:

Colorful

ryanripley
Just now, Infinity Wave said:

Well, technically...

That desease is not caused by choices. Medicine still does not really know what causes it, it's still a mistery in some way. There are things which could lead to it but there is still no proven connection.

On the other hand, having unprotected sex with someone who is positive eventually lead you to be positive. But I'm not informed on this topic, sadly.

Again, just trying to write scientifics fact. May science always win! :whitney:

triggered.jpgtriggered.jpgtriggered.jpgtriggered.jpgtriggered.jpgtriggered.jpg

let's just not shame people for incurable diseases :laughga: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Infinity Wave
4 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

triggered.jpgtriggered.jpgtriggered.jpgtriggered.jpgtriggered.jpgtriggered.jpg

let's just not shame people for incurable diseases :laughga: 

Oh, I would never. Trust me, I'm not like that :/

Colorful
  • Love 1

Muche86
24 minutes ago, Haroon said:

I can't find the English translation in the comments, could someone please post it here? :confused:

You can get it if you have protected sex with people in the straight community :duck:

conchitawurst

today is the day to free myself from the sword of damocles for the rest of my life: i have been hiv-positive for many years. this is actually irrelevant to the public, but an ex-boyfriend is threatening to go public with this private information, and I will not give anyone the right to frighten me or affect my life.

since i received the diagnosis, i have been in medical treatment, and for many years without interruption i have been below the detection limit, which means i am unable to transmit the virus.

until now, i did not want to go public with this information for a number of reasons, only two of which i’ll mention: first and foremost my family, who know everything and have been supporting me since day one. i would have gladly spared them the attention connected to the hiv-status of their son, grandson and brother. likewise, my friends have been aware of this for quite some time and are dealing with it with an impartiality, that I would wish everyone concerned.

secondly, it is information that, in my opinion, is almost exclusively relevant to those with whom sexual contact would be an option.

coming out is better than being outed by someone else. taking this step, i hope to encourage others and help lessen the stigmatisation of people who have become infected with hiv through their own behaviour or innocently through that of others.

to my fans: the information about my hiv-status may be new to you – my status is not! i’m healthy and well, and i’m stronger, more motivated and liberated than ever. thank you for your support!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 7

Eggsy
1 hour ago, Mr Mirko said:

why we need to share the SAME opinion. WE LIVE IN ERA OF SECOND HIV EPIDEMY

THEY FOUGHT FOR RIGHTS OF LGBTIQ community marriage and now they just want to get sperm in their A*****

well It can happen to anyone. TEST YOURSELF and trust nobody

My cousin became HIV positive from a need at a hospital.. Some people do deserve compassion.. Its not always sperm in your ass. 

• Like 7
  • Love 4

Interstellar
2 minutes ago, Eggsy said:

My cousin became HIV positive from a need at a hospital.. Some people do deserve compassion.. Its not always sperm in your ass. 

This.

My mother got hepatitis C from sorting through our garbage bins (someone kept throwing recycling in there, and all she wanted was to sort it out) 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Eggsy
5 minutes ago, Interstellar said:

This.

My mother got hepatitis C from sorting through our garbage bins (someone kept throwing recycling in there, and all she wanted was to sort it out) 

omg i read this as snorting.. I was like why is she snorting through recycling. :giveup:

• LMAO 5

Adakam

Just adding to the conversation, while unprotected sex isnt the only way to get the virus, it is the only way that YOU can transmit it to others. Unless you are in a relationship and both parts have gotten tests for it, theres no excuse to have unprotected sex, specially with hookups. I always block those looking for bareback in grindr, its disgusting how many there are.

And ill never have compassion for those who got HIV from unprotected sex with hookups.

• Like 5