Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga bored?

Sirius094

Featured Posts

Sirius094

Since 2013, Gaga has barely made something "new", she spent 2 whole years performing covers of old songs (2014-2015: Cheek to Cheek + countless tribute performances) and I have lost the count of how much times she sang Bad Romance at the piano. It's like she was disperately saying "Heeeyy please, look, I'm not a just a crazy woman that wears meat dresses, I also have talent! :air:) and she's still doing it with Your Song. 

While I admit I love the cover of Your Song, the Sound of Music performance and so many others, I think she made too much covers and now she's like "a tribute act", someone you call when there's the need to do of a tribute for someone. She's not recognized for her songs anymore, she isn't releasing fresh music that slays the charts. Even Joanne didn't manage to do that.

Perfect Illusion peaked at #15, Million Reasons became a moderate hit because of the Superbowl (before the superbowl its peak was #52), John Wayne wasn't a single. If it wasn't for the Superbowl, this Era would have been a total failure. Maybe you'll say "well, Joanne wasn't made for the charts, it didn't have any potential hits, the songs weren't radio friendly" and I agree with that, but I also wonder... why? Why she dind't do an album packed with hits like she did with TF/TFM? Maybe she forgot that it's thanks to the hits on TF/TFM that she got where she is now, it's thanks to her old hits that she got the Superbowl, Coachella and Vegas residency ... surely not because of Joanne. It's like she became bored of being a popstar. What are your thougths?

Pem Pem Perempem Pem Pem Pem

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Henri Bardot

she could've released dancin' in circles as a single, with the right promotion it would've been #1 one year ago. 

also promoted a-yo, top 20 maybe...

but she was sick... we need to understand that

pooiota

FameHookah

Bowie's death triggered something in her, she was about to slay the world with red one and intel, but she decided to do Joanne to appeal to the typical american GP and that got her the Superbowl and more respect, i guess she also tought she would get a grammy too but eh..

She's just cleaning her image and healing after the whole ARTPOP drama, she was lost and broken, i hope she's ready to slay now because the GP is ready.

WTF is MDNA

MarryTheAngel

If she was bored... I'd think we wouldn't have anything since 2013. Chill. Just because she's not doing something 24/7 doesn't mean she's 'bored'.

:bye::bye::bye:

kabirartfling

An artist as eccentric as lady gaga, cannot just release a song/album and expect it to be a megahit. She desperately needed Joanne and particularly songs like million reasons to tone it down for normal people aka gp to give her another chance. I think she would have even considered changing her name back to Stefani for an album like Joanne!

Give your love to me

IAmNotHere1997

b*tch wtf, have you watched Gaga: Five Foot Two? If not, then watch it and all your question will be answered.

HookerOnAChurch
54 minutes ago, Levine said:

I read only the first sentence and it was enough for me.

Same here. 

VOLANTIS

Yes Gaga did a whole Coachella set and a Tour and a whole movie simply because she's bored. :saladga:

I can only wish my lazy ass was this productive during boredom. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

TimisaMonster

I see where you're coming from and it does seem that she MATURED A LOT since C2C. I do agree she's done so many "tribute" performances and even though the Superbowl was a nice "flash" of the Gaga we know and love it quickly dissipated and she went right back to it. 

Interesting cuz LG6 might show Gaga returning to pop in 5 years since 2013...half her career lol 

I do hope we get a more pop sound from her again and Gaga isn't on a "bluesy soultrain" like...you're in 30's Gaga...you act 55 lol

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

ryanripley

this is so f*cking rude lmao the woman has chronic pain and could have quit all the way back in 2014 if she wanted to but she continues to bust her ass only for her fans to be like "bUt iT's NoT a ReDoNe PoP BoP!!!!"

it's you who is bored, not her and you're very welcome to go stan the thousands of other pop artists

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Didymus

I think she's just bored of being a pop star. It was fine when she could use her climb to fame as a way to secure more autonomy and security for herself, but I doubt she's really passionate about the music she releases under her own name :triggered: Controversial, I know, but the fact that she records private albums for her and her "friends" is evidence enough for me.

She really is at her best when she does tribute performances because she can finally show off her musical talent and craft. It's sad to say but I think she herself realizes as well that she can barely do that with her own music, which probably isn't the most motivating thing in the world :icega:

Archived